• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How do you feel about players that want to leave the club they play for?

africanspurs

Justin Edinburgh
Thoughts in general are welcome... for instance

Are footballers allowed to leave the clubs they play for?

Are they allowed to want to leave?

how would you feel if someone wanted to leave , say birmingham, to play for us?

HOw would you feel if a brick player said he wanted to leave because he isnt getting enough playing time to prove himself for the club that bought him?

How about a good player that says he wants to leave to further his ambitions?

HOw would you feel towards the club for selling players that DONT want to go?

etc etc...

Depends on the circumstances.

Wanting to leave is fine, declaring you want to leave before four crucial games is a bit tacoish.

We've failed this season and demonstrated we can't keep up with their ambitions. Good luck to them.

We just have to take the hit and spend 3-4 years rebuilding in mid-table. It's just how it works.

Ideally they'll both move to Spain.

Thoughts in general are welcome... for instance

Are footballers allowed to leave the clubs they play for?

Are they allowed to want to leave?

how would you feel if someone wanted to leave , say birmingham, to play for us?

HOw would you feel if a brick player said he wanted to leave because he isnt getting enough playing time to prove himself for the club that bought him?

How about a good player that says he wants to leave to further his ambitions?

HOw would you feel towards the club for selling players that DONT want to go?

etc etc...

When a player wants to leave i NEVER want us to keep him. Rumours in tabloids is one thing but when a player actually states he doesn't want to play for us then it's bye bye and hopefully we get a good replacement.

i can understand players wanting to leave if we can't show we can match their potential

re Bale and Modric - i think we can hold on to them both this summer - on the promise that if the new manager doesn't impress they can be sold next summer

Well last summer I said they have to be kept no matter what and was glad to see Levy felt the same way, I knew this season was going to be cl or bust though and right now it's looking like the latter. Bale and Modric are partly responsible for this so if they want out of the club then I'd say get as much for them as possible and rebuild with younger players that want to be here.

i can understand players wanting to leave if we can't show we can match their potential

re Bale and Modric - i think we can hold on to them both this summer - on the promise that if the new manager doesn't impress they can be sold next summer

Last summer was our - 'just give it one more year' pleading time. We've failed and don't deserve to keep them.

Well last summer I said they have to be kept no matter what and was glad to see Levy felt the same way, I knew this season was going to be cl or bust though and right now it's looking like the latter. Bale and Modric are partly responsible for this so if they want out of the club then I'd say get as much for them as possible and rebuild with younger players that want to be here.

Younger than a 26 and 22 yo? Modric and Bale are two of our younger players.

Last summer was our - 'just give it one more year' pleading time. We've failed and don't deserve to keep them.

Modric was the only one last season that was looking for a move - and with the length of contract he has we are still in a position to be able to dig our heels in, should we want to

Fans like to think the employees of their club have some huge attachment to the company they work for. They don't. They will change company to attain a better working environment, a higher wage or more job satisfaction. Fans should stop fooling themselves and getting emotionally hurt when a company employee seeks a change in employment.

I meant throughout the entire squad, not just their direct replacements.

Not sure age is a particular issues with our squad, other than at GK.

Nelson, Saha, Cudicini and King are all gone (out of contract) in a few week, so that only leaves Friedel, Gallas, Parker and Defoe as our 30+ players.

That's not the point here though "Modric THFC". I'm not some little Tottenham fanboy that can't understand why any of our players would want to leave, but it's when they're saying stuff like "If we don't get CL footbal then I'll have to consider going" when they're playing a big part in why we're not getting CL football to begin with, it's not like Bale and Modric are playing with 9 mugs and carrying the team, their downturn in form has contributed to us collapsing and as soon as it gets tough they want out.

Wanting to leave is, generally, understandable. Blabbing about it in the media is, generally, ****ish behaviour of the highest order.

I have no problem with players who want to win things, if they are good enough they will want to do this. We as a club have to give these players some hope that we can do this, hopefully a new manager will be able to do this.

Micky Hazard‏@1MickyHazardReply
Retweet

Favorite
?À Open

To my fellow Spurs fans if players want to leave our great club I say tinkle off we don't want you anyway this is THFC and we don't need you.

Wanting to leave is, generally, understandable. Blabbing about it in the media is, generally, ****ish behaviour of the highest order.

Kicking up a fuss is the only tool these employees have after they've stupidly signed 5 year contracts.

Back