• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How do you feel about players that want to leave the club they play for?

Rafael VDV wasn't a Spurs fan from a young age but look at his attitude toward our club.

What you should say is, "...look at his attitude toward our club that he constructs and portrays in the media for his own ends".

We, as fans, need to come to terms with the idea that NO ONE, other than us, gives a fook about the club. No one loves it. Not these days. Not players, not managers, not chairmen. Nor do they need to. All we should ask is that they show a bit of respect to the club by not doing the sort of thing that Bale has done here. I don't need players to kiss the badge and name their firstborn daughter 'Lily-White', I just need them to not act like bell ends.

What you should say is, "...look at his attitude toward our club that he constructs and portrays in the media for his own ends".

We, as fans, need to come to terms with the idea that NO ONE, other than us, gives a fook about the club. No one loves it. Not these days. Not players, not managers, not chairmen. Nor do they need to. All we should ask is that they show a bit of respect to the club by not doing the sort of thing that Bale has done here. I don't need players to kiss the badge and name their firstborn daughter 'Lily-White', I just need them to not act like bell ends.

Absolutely, anyone who thinks differently is fooling themselves

Well said mate.

Wanting to leave is, generally, understandable. Blabbing about it in the media is, generally, ****ish behaviour of the highest order.
It's fudging disgraceful in fact. Had Bale said "I'm a player contacted to Tottenham Hotspur and I will not discuss my future until the season is finished" then I would have applauded his honesty. But, unfortunately, he's a professional footballer with fudge all morals and he's acted like a right taco.

The fact that he blabbed to the press a day before such an important game is even worse. I don't really care if he plays today or not, he's obviously not focused enough to play with full commitment.

It's fudging disgraceful in fact. Had Bale said "I'm a player contacted to Tottenham Hotspur and I will not discuss my future until the season is finished" then I would have applauded his honesty. But, unfortunately, he's a professional footballer with fudge all morals and he's acted like a right taco.

The fact that he blabbed to the press a day before such an important game is even worse. I don't really care if he plays today or not, he's obviously not focused enough to play with full commitment.
Did you watch the interview conducted by Garth Crooks?

the Crooks Bale interview was done at least a week ago, Crooks discussed it on last weeks Spurs show

you have to remember that they a professionals doing a job, some of them don't even like football let alone care about the club they pay for

Addressing the topic question football fans are a hypocritical bunch. I don't hold it against any player if he wants to leave even if they are a personal fave.

The way football is these days the clubs themselves show no loyalty to the players nor even the fans to them either. We would all take a clear upgrade on our current players without blinking an eye.

The time and effort said players had put in wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. The team mamangement are much the same if they see a better option they will sign him and place resident player on the bench.

So why should I begrudge a player who sees what football is really about and decides to be the one to move unto pastures new. It's a dog eat dog world.

I support Tottenham Hotspur not Bale, Lennon, Jenas (GHod forbid) or any other great or not so great player that has played or will play for Spurs.

Addressing the topic question football fans are a hypocritical bunch. I don't hold it against any player if he wants to leave even if they are a personal fave.
I don't think anyone else does either mate. There are better clubs than Spurs out there, we're not Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United. What I don't like are players that are bound by a contract to the club that blab off to the press about their future. Of course the media push the agenda forward but the players themselves are not forced to comment!

Regarding your point about supporting the club not because of the players, I agree. Some fans on the continent are perplexed about how the English worship the players and have so many songs for them etc rather than the club. As far as I'm concerned if someone is talking about moving when the season isn't even finished then they can fudge off as far as I'm concerned.

The Spurs loyal. Any player that works his arse off for the shirt and acts in a respectful manner I will support until they decide to leave or are transferred. But when that commitment to the club goes, so will my support for them. I refuse to sing for Luka Modric, and I don't think I'll do so for Bale anymore.

I had reserves about Gallas before he joined the club, but he's probably shown more professionalism than any other player at the club over the last two years!

If it wasn't for paying their salaries regardless of whether they play or not any player that came out and said something about "considering their options" , "would look at a move" etc wouls sit in the reserves for the remainder of their contracts, no big move for them after doing that for 2 years.

Got no problems with players wanting to leave to better their careers and in some cases their lives, but you can leave a club with dignity, honesty and respect. I simply have no respect for players who are dishonest about why they want to leave (just admit your leaving for the extra money)! I have even less respect for the ones who slate the club when they have one foot out the door. And where is the accountabality from players like Bale and Modric? They are at least partly to blame for the club's current misfortunes.

Back