• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How do You Cut Off from Football?

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
  • So important to on days like today.
  • Cut off thinking about Spurs and other teams and come back in a week.
  • When others ask about the result, say really? Is that so. Show total ambivalence.

When the final whistle blows my mental energy is focused on other things now. Fitness, work, whatever works for you. No point collectively ](*,).

It's a good question. Personally, I usually write a bit more of my novel whenever we lose. Hope to get it published some day. The rate I complete pages at is usually determined by how angry the loss's made me.

When we lost to Stoke I finished eleven pages.

When we lost at Arsenal I finished fifteen.

Today'll probably be a ten chapter affair based entirely about blokes called Saha and Bale getting murdered in horribly creative ways.

Grr.

Unfortunately I will wallow in it for the rest of the day and most of tomorrow. The depression lifts slightly as the week progresses.
Reading this forum helps as its nice to see other people feel the same way.

My problem is I can't. It affects me and stops everything I need to do. I have a writing deadline tonight and it will fudge it right up. Just can't get motivated for everything and feel fudged off most of the day.

Just picked up my 6 month old boy from hospital.... So today result is just a very small amount of water under a very large bridge.

Well, I'm going to treat myself to a decent fry up, then watch a couple of films.

Then I'll go on a two hour cycle every day of the week whilst listening to football podcasts which will get me in the mood to have my hopes dashed at the weekend again.

I grab a box set out, raid the fridge for loads of fatty, unhealthy, greasy food and just sit infront of the tele for hours.
Right now, I have Peep show on and a bowl of Doritos, Jalapeno peppers and Salsa dip.
I still struggle to completely put the loss out of my mind though, it'll be constantly tinkling me off until we get a good result again.

To be fair most of us have plenty of experience from the last 20 years or so with dealing with Spurs related disappointment and have developed highly effecient ways with coping with it.

You would definately think so! But take a look at the OMT and the newest threads that have been created and I would have to disagree with you there.
We seem to have attracted a "I want it now" bunch of fans. Fair enough, we do need to be criticized after that game and the recent dip in form. But some comments are very over the top.

You would definately think so! But take a look at the OMT and the newest threads that have been created and I would have to disagree with you there.
We seem to have attracted a "I want it now" bunch of fans. Fair enough, we do need to be criticized after that game and the recent dip in form. But some comments are very over the top.

Thats part of the coping process though, it has to start unreasonable and OTT, then a couple of hours go by. You realise its OTT and that the ref had something to do with this - fudge the ref etc. Couple of more hours its narrowed down to your preferred scape goat - Jenas, probably Saha today. Maybe Fulham beat Chelsea and suddenly you start hoping for a Wolves miracle and before you know it, people are posting the next 5 games predicting 15 points for us and 2 for Arsenal/Chelsea and all is well.

Totally agree, most have never even been to the Lane or go once a year at most, a lot of idiots exist now..

Back