• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Heurelho Gomes

Looks like he's still a Spurs player...

P429_zpsbbcfad59.png

Can't help but have the feeling that we've treated Gomes pretty badly, I don't know the ins and outs, but for someone of his ability to not feature for 3 years is shocking, hardly a loan move in that time either, just no football at all, doesn't make sense to me. Is he currently injured? Why didn't he play last night in kings match?

Can't help but have the feeling that we've treated Gomes pretty badly, I don't know the ins and outs, but for someone of his ability to not feature for 3 years is shocking, hardly a loan move in that time either, just no football at all, doesn't make sense to me. Is he currently injured? Why didn't he play last night in kings match?

got injured at the end of his loan at hoffenhein in 2013 - broken hand or something that sounded serious.

got injured at the end of his loan at hoffenhein in 2013 - broken hand or something that sounded serious.

This is definitely one of those times that Daniel wanted some money back for him and will be loathed to see him walk out the door for free. When we paid 8m for him that was pretty high for a keeper at that point and he had some good and bad moments but was always a good character. For him to have sat there for 3 years without playing is a travesty for his talent. But no team was willing to pay enough to get him it seems so he had to ride out his contract. Would not be suprised to see him end up back at PSV or straight back to Brazil.

This is definitely one of those times that Daniel wanted some money back for him and will be loathed to see him walk out the door for free. When we paid 8m for him that was pretty high for a keeper at that point and he had some good and bad moments but was always a good character. For him to have sat there for 3 years without playing is a travesty for his talent. But no team was willing to pay enough to get him it seems so he had to ride out his contract. Would not be suprised to see him end up back at PSV or straight back to Brazil.

Not quite.... Gomes had the option of leaving Spurs several times, but none of the potential clubs would pay him as much as we were paying him. Money over first team football.

What a life to be a footballer,three hours training every day plus some gym work.....and getting 20k per week for doing so ,no wonder Levy hasn't got any hair!!

.......and Lamela don't start.....

Not quite.... Gomes had the option of leaving Spurs several times, but none of the potential clubs would pay him as much as we were paying him. Money over first team football.

Didn't hear about that, ok don't feel so guilty now then. Wish him all the best, still got 4 or 5 years in him I'd guess?

Good luck to the guy, will always remember him saving that pen against Blackpool, then immediately giving another one away. Kinda summed him up. Capable of combining brilliance and **** up in the same moment, so born to play for Spurs really ;)

Loved him but will be glad to see him go, he was on a ridiculous amount of money for a 3rd choice keeper.

Quality keeper, just very fragile mentally and one of those players where if he was having a bad time, it was going to get worse before it got better. In terms of ability, definitely up there as one of the best keepers we have had at Spurs in the last 30 years or so but a few too many faux pas to be remembered as good as he actually is.

08/09 he was very shaky until Harry arrived and then he was superb for the final 4-5 months of the season where we didn't concede a goal at home in the league from late January until the final day of the season, something like 10 games.

09/10 he was just world class for the majority of the season, especially at the back end in the games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Bolton and Emirates Marketing Project where he made quite a few crucial saves, especially in the Arsenal game where a couple of those from Van Persie were among the best I have seen.

10/11 it was from the sublime to the ridiculous, probably summed up in the Chelsea and Blackpool games at home where he gave away needless penalties, saving the Chelsea one and conceding the Blackpool one having saved a penalty 30 seconds earlier and then giving away another one. The two flappy errors against Chelsea away and Real Madrid at home were the final nail for him really.

Hope he signs for someone decent and really manages to get his career going again.

Ledley said in a recent Q&A that he's the best GK he's ever played with (mentioned David James as the second).

He was phenomenal for a bit before his confidence got destroyed. By all accounts a really top guy/good presence round the club too.

Ledley said in a recent Q&A that he's the best GK he's ever played with (mentioned David James as the second).

He was phenomenal for a bit before his confidence got destroyed. By all accounts a really top guy/good presence round the club too.

I don't ever remember him being phenomenal. He had his best run of form the second half of the season when we earned CL football but he was still dodgy especially on crosses. When we got Brad here almost everyone was instantly expressing how different it was to have a keeper you could trust week in week out. He was a good character and wish him well but scared the **** out of me when he was between the pipes

Quality keeper, just very fragile mentally and one of those players where if he was having a bad time, it was going to get worse before it got better. In terms of ability, definitely up there as one of the best keepers we have had at Spurs in the last 30 years or so but a few too many faux pas to be remembered as good as he actually is.

08/09 he was very shaky until Harry arrived and then he was superb for the final 4-5 months of the season where we didn't concede a goal at home in the league from late January until the final day of the season, something like 10 games.

09/10 he was just world class for the majority of the season, especially at the back end in the games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Bolton and Emirates Marketing Project where he made quite a few crucial saves, especially in the Arsenal game where a couple of those from Van Persie were among the best I have seen.

10/11 it was from the sublime to the ridiculous, probably summed up in the Chelsea and Blackpool games at home where he gave away needless penalties, saving the Chelsea one and conceding the Blackpool one having saved a penalty 30 seconds earlier and then giving away another one. The two flappy errors against Chelsea away and Real Madrid at home were the final nail for him really.

Hope he signs for someone decent and really manages to get his career going again.

That's how I remember his time too, from the best to the worst from one season to the next. I can't help feeling the coaches could have got him back to somewhere approaching his best again, but hey ho it wasn't to be.

Back