• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Are you referring to Redknapp here? If so then I think Redknapp's handling of Modric was perfect. The Premier League is fast and physical, especially so in the centre. Play a player in a wider position and they get a bit more time. Redknapp moved Modric to a wider position, which allowed him to get used to the pace, to get on the ball and affect the game. Once Modric had adapted he was then moved to a central area. Had Modric not been moved to a wider position, it is possible that he wouldn't have succeeded at Spurs. It isn't that hard for a player to lose their confidence, or for a team to lose their confidence in a player.

Yes i was and the reason " rent a quote" had so many mates in the press was he always had one for them, that is one of the reasons they were overhyping him all the time in their papers, they hardly mentioned all the clubs he got relegated and left in money problems.

As for Modric i disagree with you, he was always good enough to play CM it just took " rent a quote " a while to notice that. But Stop! Hammer time.

Are you referring to Redknapp here? If so then I think Redknapp's handling of Modric was perfect. The Premier League is fast and physical, especially so in the centre. Play a player in a wider position and they get a bit more time. Redknapp moved Modric to a wider position, which allowed him to get used to the pace, to get on the ball and affect the game. Once Modric had adapted he was then moved to a central area. Had Modric not been moved to a wider position, it is possible that he wouldn't have succeeded at Spurs. It isn't that hard for a player to lose their confidence, or for a team to lose their confidence in a player.

If that was all deliberate it would have been top top management. It would show a real eye for development, spotting talent, having a longer term strategy...

As it is, I dont think it was.

Modric wasnt trusted at CM. And only ever played there as a last resort. But then it worked, so he stayed. Which is Redknapps to a tee IMO.

Which isnt top top management at all. It was opportunistic after not even considering a players true ability.

Two very good involvements for the first and last goal tonight. Pass for Trippier inch perfect and control, vision and pass to find Alli and set up the counter attack for the third.

Bit stressed in a couple situation though. As stressed as we've seen him really. Fair substitution, but hope he starts again at the weekend.

Yes i was and the reason " rent a quote" had so many mates in the press was he always had one for them, that is one of the reasons they were overhyping him all the time in their papers, they hardly mentioned all the clubs he got relegated and left in money problems.

As for Modric i disagree with you, he was always good enough to play CM it just took " rent a quote " a while to notice that. But Stop! Hammer time.
I agree that he was always good enough, but that doesn't always mean a player will make it. He was struggling a bit in the centre and could've lost confidence. It may have purely been luck, but I think it helped Modric's development in England.

Reactions: DTA
Winks was very good tonight... whenever I noticed him it was in a positive way, and he is still a baby, up against Real Madrid. Kudos to him.

Why was he subbed, was it because he was tired after suddenly being asked to play every minute of every game this year... and/or tactical

Bit hit and miss, overall thought he was good. He looks like he belongs on that stage, that's what impresses me so much, given that he is really an inexperienced player.

I think we are running out of things to say about this guy. He's made huge strides in such a small space of time and looks to be going from strength to strength. The future for this lad and us is bright.

Wheelchair.

Wheelchair was a great player, albeit different to Winks. He had/has goals and great striking technique, something that I haven't seen from Winks yet. Both of them have great technique when receiving the ball, they both have the vision and can see the bigger picture in their head's.

I don't think Wheelchair would've had the positional discipline to play as a midfield anchor like Winks did, he was at his best when given licence to affect the game and join up with his attacking team mates. If both were at Spurs, Wheelchair would be competing with Eriksen as the foil for Dele and Kane.

Back