• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
He hasn't done anything new on purpose, he has always thought primarily of himself. He has always come first. Now, Hoddle was a manager to feel genuinely sorry for, because he fudging bled for us, really wanted it to happen...Harry is Harry, and Harry always looks after himself. And of course the players are somewhat responsible, but leadership is the difference and Harry has shown absolutely none.
Of course, I'd like to point out he has never once held his hand up and said "I got it wrong", the "it" being any number of things he HAS got wrong this season...

I'm not saying that the blame doesn't lie with Redknapp. He is as culpable as anyone in the whole thing if not the most. But I don't believe he purposely derailed us for one second. When you say he didn't try anything new on purpose, what do you mean?

In terms of tactics? Personnel? I can understand, that a team that was in the title race up until February was doing something right, and he hasn't massively changed anything. I think things have gone wrong, and he and the players haven't been able to get a handle on it all.

Injuries in key games haven't helped. Poor refereeing hasn't helped. His tactics often haven't helped. But he has tried I'm sure to do what was best for the club.

Some of the vitriol being spouted at him is in poor taste. He deserves better than that.

IF this was true, then the only rationale for it would be that if Harry resigns today we get zero from the FA, if the FA hire him from us in May hten we get a pay-off from them

Having said that, if Harry wanted to resign then he can....a company cannot hold an employee against his will!!!! Though Harry will have a 3-6 month notice period in his contract so even if he did resign now we would be able to prevent him from taking the England job

The rumour could have some legs. HR did come out with a strange statement I believe about us having 5 players injured but did not want to name them, which is not like him. :-k

From physioroom.com
9 E Adebayor Hamstring Injury no return date
L Saha Groin Strain no return date
N Kranjcar Knee Injury no return date
Y Kaboul Knee Injury no return date
Gomes Cartilage Knee Injury no return date
M Dawson Ankle/Foot Injury 6th Jun 12
D Bentley Knee Injury no return date
J Jenas Ruptured Achilles 5th Jun 12
T Huddlestone Ankle/Foot Injury 14th Jun 12

I'm not saying that the blame doesn't lie with Redknapp. He is as culpable as anyone in the whole thing if not the most. But I don't believe he purposely derailed us for one second. When you say he didn't try anything new on purpose, what do you mean?

In terms of tactics? Personnel? I can understand, that a team that was in the title race up until February was doing something right, and he hasn't massively changed anything. I think things have gone wrong, and he and the players haven't been able to get a handle on it all.

Injuries in key games haven't helped. Poor refereeing hasn't helped. His tactics often haven't helped. But he has tried I'm sure to do what was best for the club.

Some of the vitriol being spouted at him is in poor taste. He deserves better than that.

Agreed.

He's not derailing anything.

It's just that the football at this level, where consistent performances are demanded and the acceptance of transfer-duds is lower, have shown him up to be a very, very average manager indeed.

He doesn't deserve abuse. But he arguable deserves to be replaced soon.

How about hatred that existed before he became our manager? Surely we're allowed to hate him for ****ing us all off over the Campbell situation?

its interesting to see that three months and a rumour of mutiny from our players is all it takes for people to wipe clean the contributions of a manager for 3 years.

just three months. I wonder what that says about us and our ability to look long term

that would be a fair point if the manager was looking long term as well

Dont forget we've never had it so good

Lol.

Some people forget where they belong. Before Spurs took a chance on him, Redknapp managed to win one trophy in his lifetime and his average finishing position was the Championship.

Well, we'll see versus Blackburn. He plays for the side, after all, not for Harry.

Is it getting to the stage where

The-Tottenham-chairman-Da-007.jpg

has to appoint himself manager?

Still would be better than
tumblr_m1mg8xiu801rn325to1_400.jpg

That would be fantastic.

Levy as manager shouting on the sidelines & just tell the players to manage themselves.

Lol.

Some people forget where they belong. Before Spurs took a chance on him, Redknapp managed to win one trophy in his lifetime and his average finishing position was the Championship.

And I hope he goes back there after the is found out on international level by the giants of Latvia and Belarus

And it took Harry 30 years to land a half decent job in football for a reason. Hardly kicking his door down were they?

What jobs were going around in the last 15 years then.........man ure,the goons both jobs tied up.........Emirates Marketing Project worse than the hammers for the last 20 years.........chelsea,perhaps he may have been asked once or twice about 15 years ago..........he was offered the Saudi Sportswashing Machine job but put his family first(nothing wrong with that).........anyone else then???

he was with the hammers for years.........so what.......he had security and a good relationship........perhaps we should have come to us instead of gerry francis and the rest who followed him.......

its interesting to see that three months and a rumour of mutiny from our players is all it takes for people to wipe clean the contributions of a manager for 3 years.

just three months. I wonder what that says about us and our ability to look long term

That depends a lot on how you consider the contributions so far.

I'd say that we have some very good players at the club and that they were massively underperforming when Harry got here. He then got them playing at or just below their ability (currently well below). As I've said on other threads, that's a par performance for me. Any experienced manager who isn't a complete fudging idiot could do that.

What I want to see is some added value from the manager - good managers make the team play either at their best constantly or even better than the sum of their parts, Redknapp has done neither in my eyes.

Woke up this morning to see Harry is still our manager, what a fudging horrible start to the day :(

Do not often agree with you mr chewing gum man but i had the same feeling and a horrible bastard of a hangover.

Im still expecting levy to place him on gardening leave, i can understand not sacking him because they want a pay off but im sure levy is looking at the contract to see if he has an "out"

Lol. Yeah Capello was given the titles. Laughable. there's a reason Harry was manager at Bournemouth and Capello at Milan.

Which is.........

As far as I can see, the only thing separating the two of them at entry level was that Capello had been a much better player in his day than Harry. Which has absolutely fudge all to do with management ability.

Do not often agree with you mr chewing gum man but i had the same feeling and a horrible bastard of a hangover.

Im still expecting levy to place him on gardening leave, i can understand not sacking him because they want a pay off but im sure levy is looking at the contract to see if he has an "out"

I hope this is the case.

What I want to see is some added value from the manager - good managers make the team play either at their best constantly or even better than the sum of their parts, Redknapp has done neither in my eyes.

You'd be hard pressed to find somebody who thought we had a better squad than Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project at the start of the 09/10 season. Most probably would have had Villa and Everton above us too.

Even this time around, nobody gave us a chance of being top 4. Have a look at this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14388154

The only pundit who thought we could finish top 4 was Shearer, who is one of the biggest macarons on TV and said he can't call 4th place between us, Arsenal and Liverpool. Most people thought we'd come 6th this year, so we're actually performing above expectations.

The way I see it, we played better than the sum of our parts in the first half of the season, but due to a lack of squad rotation and mistakes in the January transfer window, we're now underperforming.

Which is.........

As far as I can see, the only thing separating the two of them at entry level was that Capello had been a much better player in his day than Harry. Which has absolutely fudge all to do with management ability.

mrmagoo-718883.jpg

The more this slump continues the more philosophical I get about it all. I like Harry still. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because he doesn't deserve to be hated on speculation.

I don't (or simply cannot) believe he would purposely jepordise ours and his own chances of a best premier league finish.

Perhaps he is at fault for a lot of our recent tactical failings. Although I am more inclined to blame players as much as he.

The club itself is haunted by failure in recent years so there is always an expectancy that we will blow it.

I feel for Harry. He doesn't deserve some of the hatred being directed at him. A lot of it is based on speculation which is not fair right now. If he has allowed the England stuff and the court case stuff and other more under handed things to interfere with our season and it is later revealed than I will say I hate him. But right now, I think his biggest failing is not being able to motivate the side, making key tactical errors ( in retrospect), and a poor few transfer windows.

I really do hope by some miracle we can salvage a CL place. For us and his own reputation

=D>

Totally agree with that, harry has made a couple of mistakes but our strikers cant score and our defenders are too old and injured to defend. Add to that some referee decisions and a typical bottle mentality like defoe at City, also add a tired team and a chairman that doesnt want to spend money.

The way Harry is treated and the way people have changed their mind is ridiculous.

Back