• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Anyone who says he hasn't done a great job for us needs to look past their own ignorance, he's taken us further than we thought he could and brought us plenty to be happy about in the last 4 years.

But his time is up and the love affair is truly over. Time to end the relationship and move on

I agree with the first part but it's not about a love affair. He just isn't good enough to build on his initial success because he has never really been part of Spurs. He has always been the guy who came in when we had "2 points from 8 games" and saved us from "finishing 10th" year on year (his words not mine).

Football is a fickle game. I showered him with praise this season for all he had achieved.

Now I boo him until my voice is hoarse. He has been shown up to be a horrible football tactician. A real football man no doubt. He can talk the talk. He understands the lingo. He knows about our greats, he knows about our history and lived through a lot of it. It's a shame it's ending like this. It's ruined all that was so great before. I feel so gutted, so low.

Someone needs to rescue that ****erel voo doo doll that some gooner is toying around with, because it is bloody hard to take. This is more cruel than being mid table brick all year with no expectation. We are once again the figure of fun.
Thanks spurs. Thanks a lot.

We had a few pot shots and thats it. Creating chances is when you are properly through on goal or just have the keeper to beat. I mean when Arse lose they usually miss 4/5 one on ones, we never have games like that.

His comments are laughable, saying the same thing each week. Now its we need 4 wins, was 5 last week. Complete joker.

10 weeks ago we were touted a title contenders, had only been beaten once since August and were playing some great football.

Today we looked flat, deflated, lethargic and clueless.

Same players, such a difference.

This is all about Harry, the way he has managed the way we have failed to cope with injuries, poor formations, poor tactics and squad rotation.
All his responsibility not Levy's.

Good thing about Levy is that he is ruthless at times and certainly wont be afraid to sack him even if England don't come calling.

What are they waiting for? Do they think a goal will happen from nothing? A mistake, a fluke?
You have to beat a man, deliver a cross and turn it in. Having the ball in the right area does not mean brick if you simply fanny around with the ball outside the D.

Honestly sounds like he doesn't have a tactic.

He has done a decent job no more then that, the problem is he is a football dinosaur who his past his sell by date. Today in football you need to have a better tactic then just go out there and run around a bit.

Good thing about Levy is that he is ruthless at times and certainly wont be afraid to sack him even if England don't come calling.

This,and in response to the question the OP raised, Daniel will certainly be noticing and be as upset at our collapse as the rest of us.

Who do you think we can get to massively upgrade our squad without CL football? Not many names spring to mind.

But to get someone who can massively upgrade our managerial nous, all we need is a man who can organize a single, effective training session every once in a while. Not the endless lackadaisical five a sides we seem to be employing now.

Sigh.

The only thing Levy has done wrong was not getting rid of Redknapp last summer, he has not got the tactical brain to compete on a equal basis with the top teams.

he is clueless beyond belief.

i never ever felt we were going to score today. what clear cut chances did we have ? the bale header straight at kenny and and the one vdv might have done better with.

kenny is very poor keeper by prem standards but we were so bad he only had routine saves to make

Sorry I was referring to the interview come monday of sticking together and still having a chance
Etc on os

I agree. Bale is pretty poor against teams sitting deep against us. His awareness and touch aren't great. He gets crowded out and tackled far too easily. And yet, he is one of our main threats and the players often look for him to do something when he isn't suited to doing it. He should be played at left back and the midfield should have something new added to it, a different threat. Guys like Modric, Rafa and Lennon should be a lot better in tighter spaces, but teams are just sitting deep, playing tight and showing little to no ambition against us. In this run, every team has done that to frustrate us and we haven't had an answer because we've been figured out. Against the bigger teams, Man United and Chelsea away, we actually looked like doing something.

Just watching Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the other thing to mention about them is that Ben Arfa is someone they've added to the team recently. He wasn't a regular starter at the beginning of the season and has had to wait for his chance, but now he is taking it.

All of this is easy to say with hindsight but it just seems like that is what is happening. We've been figured out. I'd love to see Gary Neville do one of his tactical break downs and see exactly where it's happened. It just seems like Bale should really be moved to left back. But even then, there's not exactly much else we can put in his position. And it's not as if Walker is pulling up any trees on the right hand side.

This all day long. Our only win from the last 8 was against Swansea about the only team who came out and tried to play against us.
To me our weakness comes when we have to matched team 3 vs 3 in the middle but we end up with 2 players in there that can't create much in Parker and Sandro. It slows down everything in our play. I'd even would have had Tom Carroll in there with Modric and Parker. Anything but 2 dms in our midfield 3.

Back