• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic.......

Anyone else feel as if the Spurs fans are owed a public apology for his recent comments? If I were the chairman I'd be demanding one.

In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic.......

Anyone else feel as if the Spurs fans are owed a public apology for his recent comments? If I were the chairman I'd be demanding one.

As unwelcomed as they are, you can't really have the manager coming out and apologising to the fans. From a PR perspective, it comes across as very weak and would only serve to bring about even more unnecessary attention.

I'm not a fan of what he said, neither do I agree with it. But the wider picture is far more important. We need stability, and feeding the media in such a way would be very counter-productive to achieving that aim.

If he leaves, then have his guts for garters then. But, until such time, I honestly think we have to stand united; discretion is the better part of valour.

Having kept pace with the league leaders for so long, many, including midfielder Scott Parker, believe finishing outside the top four would constitute failure for the club, but Redknapp disagrees.

"I don't think it's a failed squad whatever we do," he said. "We're not entitled to be above Chelsea. Look at their bench the other night. They had people like (Fernando) Torres and (Daniel) Sturridge and other top players.

"I wouldn't say we've got a stronger squad than Chelsea - no way - or a stronger squad than Liverpool come to that.

"If we finish fourth, we'll be delighted and if we finish third, it will be even better. I can't fault the effort of the players this year whatever they do."

Keep on digging H.

And discretion? Lol........have you actually read the quotes from Harry??

Discretion on the part of the Club, not Harry.

The PR choice, is regarding whether we chose to react and ask for Harry to issue some sort of grovelling apology. The only purpose that would serve, would be to bring further wanted and unhelpful scrutiny onto us.

We simply DON'T need that. We need solidarity and unity, not division and dissenting voices - no matter how discourteous the quotes are.

But I also respect your agenda, and that's to remove Harry. What I would ask, is that you consider whether your demands for some sort of apology sit well with a wider objective of Tottenham achieving their paramount objective, namely Champions League qualification? I can't see how ostracising the manager would help to achieve that goal, moreover it would only aid to further compound a growing sense of crisis which - as I say - is NOT what we need right now.

Keep on digging H.

oh dear 'Arry.

Of course not finishing in the top 4 having been in the top 4 for practically the whole season wouldn't be a failure, cos it would reflect as 'Arry's failure. Can't be having that this year of all years, when there's a vacant England managerial role, can we 'Arry? His self-gratifying spin does my head in.

Discretion on the part of the Club, not Harry.

The PR choice, is regarding whether we chose to react and ask for Harry to issue some sort of grovelling apology. The only purpose that would serve, would be to bring further wanted and unhelpful scrutiny onto us.

We simply DON'T need that. We need solidarity and unity, not division and dissenting voices - no matter how discourteous the quotes are.

But I also respect your agenda, and that's to remove Harry. What I would ask, is that you consider whether your demands for some sort of apology sit well with a wider objective of Tottenham achieving their paramount objective, namely Champions League qualification? I can't see how ostracising the manager would help to achieve that goal, moreover it would only aid to further compound a growing sense of crisis which - as I say - is NOT what we need right now.

I agree with you regarding the PR strategy. But it's obvious the club aren't coaching him in these matters, or telling him some of his recent outbursts have seriously fudged off a large section I the fans. Because he ha shown zero contrition or a reluctance to keep saying the same brick every day.

So now finishing outside of the top 4 wouldn't be a failure? Course not,Harry. Course not. :lol:

Pot,kettle when he called the fans idiots.

So now finishing outside of the top 4 wouldn't be a failure? Course not,Harry. Course not. :lol:

Pot,kettle when he called the fans idiots.

Depends on what criteria he was set before the season. But thanks to Chelsea massively underperforming this year we have a great chance for top four and need to be taking it.

That said, if Fergie or Mourinho was making those comments people would be calling them savvy by taking the pressure off of the players......

Depends on what criteria he was set before the season. But thanks to Chelsea massively underperforming this year we have a great chance for top four and need to be taking it.

That said, if Fergie or Mourinho was making those comments people would be calling them savvy by taking the pressure off of the players......

Do you think that's what he's doing? He has changed his tune massively over the past 8 weeks. "I want 3rd at least"..."We'll finish in top 4"...."Finishing outside of top 4 not a failure". In 2 weeks time it'll be "top 6 is a good achievement for this club" etc etc.

He has changed his stance because we have blown a 10 point lead. I wouldn't say he is being savvy at all

Fergie or Mourinho wouldn't make comments like these.

Do you think that's what he's doing? He has changed his tune massively over the past 8 weeks. "I want 3rd at least"..."We'll finish in top 4"...."Finishing outside of top 4 not a failure". In 2 weeks time it'll be "top 6 is a good achievement for this club" etc etc.

He has changed his stance because we have blown a 10 point lead. I wouldn't say he is being savvy at all
Or has our stance on the ramifications of Harry's garble changed because we've lost a 10 point lead?

He's been spouting similar stuff since he's been here.

It's just easier to focus on isolated remarks if you hate him and we're not winning.

Or has our stance on the ramifications of Harry's garble changed because we've lost a 10 point lead?

He's been spouting similar stuff since he's been here.

It's just easier to focus on isolated remarks if you hate him and we're not winning.

Well,he certainly hadn't said anything like "people forget where Tottenham should be" until he came under a bit of criticism due to our form.

Yes he has. Plenty of times.

Every time the home crowd has booed us off, he's retaliated with a similar quip, in reference to our comparable resources to other clubs/transfer policy and where we were when he took over.

That remark was even broader than his usual but came about in a time when we weren't winning.

Back