• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

When has Kane actually said he wants to stay in PL and break the goal record? Even if he doesnt currently have major aspirations to go abroad, when Real Madrid or Barca make it known you are the guy they want as their main man it is very hard to turn down. Its naive to think Kane is just going to stay here forever because he spent his time here from when he was a kid, and considering how unlikely it is we sell to a domestic rival it is likely one day he will go to one of Europes' elite....

yes its a big decision if Real make an offer. All im saying is that Harry might have other targets to achieve that motivate him. Im not saying he is definitely going to remain at Spurs for his whole career. we would all be delighted if he does but its highly unlikely. However if it really is an ambition of his to break the PL goal record then he is going to have to spend his best years here in England, whether thats at Spurs or another PL club.

Shearer remains top of the division’s all-time scoring list with 260 and Kane says he is inspired by the former Saudi Sportswashing Machine man’s record.

“It’s a lot of goals and I’m still a long way off but Shearer was an idol of mine growing up, to see how many goals he scored was incredible,” Kane said. “I take it season by season. I don’t like looking too far ahead because you never know what can happen.

“But is it good to aim for? Definitely, they’re the goals you dream of. When you’re a younger player, you watch them scoring goals week in and week out, so to be doing that now is a dream come true.”

-------------------------------------------

Asked by Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, who himself scored 175 goals in just 258 games, if he could beat Shearer, Kane said: ‘I think I can. ‘It’s obviously easier to say that now. I think a lot can happen.

‘Yeah, I think I can. I think I’m on 69 [sic] goals now and need another 190 odd but I back myself. ‘I’ve never backed down from a challenge and I have full belief in myself and my ability and it’s a target hopefully I can reach.’
Yeah Ive seen those interviews on TV - hes constantly asked about the record and says its a good target to have. Hes never said he wants to stay in the PL and break that record. Im sorry but the odds are against a genuine world class player spending their whole career at Spurs....

Yeah Ive seen those interviews on TV - hes constantly asked about the record and says its a good target to have. Hes never said he wants to stay in the PL and break that record. Im sorry but the odds are against a genuine world class player spending their whole career at Spurs....

well if he wants to break the record, as he clearly says he would like to, surely he has to stay in the PL until he does:confused:

well if he wants to break the record, as he clearly says he would like to, surely he has to stay in the PL until he does:confused:
Obviously - youre not getting what Im saying. Hes constantly asked about breaking Shearers' record. He answers as youd expect him to, would love to break it, great target to have etc etc That isnt him saying he wants to stay in the PL until he breaks the record, thats him saying whilst he's in the PL thats a great target to have. What else would he say, he's not going to say 'Im not sure I'll be in the PL in five years time'. If Real Madrid knocking do you really believe he's going to turn it down because he wants to break Shearer's record? He might well do right now, but in a few years time I think not.....

This whole thing of Harry having to prove himself by going to a megaclub is becoming a major narrative for the media simply because it's the only thing the hacks have left to talk about where Kane's concerned.

Harry's prodigious scoring feats allied to his impeccable character have left them with nowhere else to go. They need a story around the PL's top striker because everyone wants to read about him - it sells papers - but it gets boring constantly eulogising his achievements. Worth noting also in this context the vast majority of the media will not give a fig about Tottenham. Even United's fans among the media are likely to be in the minority. So dig in, because they're likely to keep hacking away at this narrative for the rest of the season.

No doubt it'll all come to a head next summer when the window opens, that is unless Daniel comes up with a massive new contract before then.

Why on earth does a player have to prove himself by going to a mega club? I don't get it? Is Bale now a better player simply because he plays for Real Madrid?

Real Madrid win the Spanish league most years and the Champions League most years anyway. If Kane goes there and they continue to win the Spanish league most years and the Champions League most years then has Kane actually proven anything? ?

What if instead of doing that Kane stayed at Spurs and helped us win our first league title in over 50 years. Wouldn't that be him proving himself FAR more than going to a club who win something every year anyway?

Obviously - youre not getting what Im saying. Hes constantly asked about breaking Shearers' record. He answers as youd expect him to, would love to break it, great target to have etc etc That isnt him saying he wants to stay in the PL until he breaks the record, thats him saying whilst he's in the PL thats a great target to have. What else would he say, he's not going to say 'Im not sure I'll be in the PL in five years time'. If Real Madrid knocking do you really believe he's going to turn it down because he wants to break Shearer's record? He might well do right now, but in a few years time I think not.....

but maybe he really does want to break that record, have you even considered that? and maybe he wants to do that whilst playing for Spurs. It maybe wishful thinking but Harry could be one of those players, like his hero Shearer was.

its too easy to be pessimistic as a Spurs fan, we always lose our best players etc. However the Tottenham we are following right now is a very different beast to previous versions. We are genuinely a top team with a top manager, fantastic training facilities and about to move into one of the best stadiums in the world. If ever there was a chance of keeping a player like Harry then now is the time, especially with his attitude and feelings towards the club. Yes if it all starts to fall apart and we drop down the league and win nothing over the next 3 or 4 years then he will leave. However how do you know we wont have a golden era over the next 5-10 years like we did in the 60's? If we do then imo Harry will stay and become a real Tottenham legend, and not leave to be a Real Madrid legend;)

but maybe he really does want to break that record, have you even considered that? and maybe he wants to do that whilst playing for Spurs. It maybe wishful thinking but Harry could be one of those players, like his hero Shearer was.

its too easy to be pessimistic as a Spurs fan, we always lose our best players etc. However the Tottenham we are following right now is a very different beast to previous versions. We are genuinely a top team with a top manager, fantastic training facilities and about to move into one of the best stadiums in the world. If ever there was a chance of keeping a player like Harry then now is the time, especially with his attitude and feelings towards the club. Yes if it all starts to fall apart and we drop down the league and win nothing over the next 3 or 4 years then he will leave. However how do you know we wont have a golden era over the next 5-10 years like we did in the 60's? If we do then imo Harry will stay and become a real Tottenham legend, and not leave to be a Real Madrid legend;)

And maybe there will be players leaving Real Madrid to become a Tottenham legend ;)

Nothing wrong about positive thinking! But I do think youre dreaming. Lets leave it at that, because essentially I hope youre right.....

Why on earth does a player have to prove himself by going to a mega club? I don't get it? Is Bale now a better player simply because he plays for Real Madrid?

Real Madrid win the Spanish league most years and the Champions League most years anyway. If Kane goes there and they continue to win the Spanish league most years and the Champions League most years then has Kane actually proven anything? ?

What if instead of doing that Kane stayed at Spurs and helped us win our first league title in over 50 years. Wouldn't that be him proving himself FAR more than going to a club who win something every year anyway?
You'd think that would make a much better story all round but somehow it doesn't seem to fit with the media agenda. I wonder why?

Not sure if this has already been mentioned I'm too lazy to look back. Harrys form in 2017 has been spectacular a quick count puts him around 41 goals including internationals and at his current scoring rate he could well score more than 60 goals this year which includes a month out injured. He really is in top top world class form and as much as I hate it those players end up a real badrid, regardless of morals principals etc.... We will just have to get used to the idea. My guess is The guy is a THE world's best striker this year- not that I've counted ressi and monaldos goals tho. Levy will spend the 200 million wisely and move the club forward as he has always done.

Spinning it the other way... if we can't keep a player who is a huge Spurs fan, born and bred, academy player, wife and family settled, about to start a family (presumably), super level headed, with the best coach in the country, the best training setup in the country, and the best stadium in the country opening in 8 months, and Spurs finishing 3rd and 2nd... gawd help us.

Back