• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Any news from the scans?

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner
scan0020.jpg

It's twins!

So what's the damage in terms of games missed? Think the only one that would be really tough that we miss him for is Emirates Marketing Project, and the CL games. The others until the run vs Leceister and Arsenal should be doable without. Although I suppose it takes him out of getting up to form again, and stops him being a difference maker in those difficult games.

Still, opportunity for Janssen to have a run. Let's hope he takes it.

I've been giving some thought to injured players under Poch lately and I must admit it's a little concern, not the regularity that they happen, because we have an excellent record there, but because I think players need to be at their absolute peak to perform well.

It took most of our Euro players about 4 games this season to get up to speed. Son last season had a 2 month injury but only ever got back to form in the final 4 games. N'Jie never recovered. I'm worried that Kane being out for a few weeks means we actually don't see him on form until say 3 months from now. I don't worry about burn out under Poch but I do worry about this.

Does anyone have an example of an injured player that has come in and performed lrettt quickly after absense under Poch? Mason is another one that just couldn't be effective last year because he never got a run after injury.

So grade 1 ligament damage is 10 day recovery
Grade 2 is around 2 months (meaning he misses 2 CL games plus possibly the NLD)
Grade 3 is around 4 months

I've been giving some thought to injured players under Poch lately and I must admit it's a little concern, not the regularity that they happen, because we have an excellent record there, but because I think players need to be at their absolute peak to perform well.

It took most of our Euro players about 4 games this season to get up to speed. Son last season had a 2 month injury but only ever got back to form in the final 4 games. N'Jie never recovered. I'm worried that Kane being out for a few weeks means we actually don't see him on form until say 3 months from now. I don't worry about burn out under Poch but I do worry about this.

Does anyone have an example of an injured player that has come in and performed lrettt quickly after absense under Poch? Mason is another one that just couldn't be effective last year because he never got a run after injury.

It's a fair question to bring up, but i think it's different with Mason and NJie in that as well as injury recovery being an issue, unlike Kane, they were a fair way down the pecking order in their respective positions compared to Kane.
Also, others like Vertonghen and Dembele have come back well after injuries, so Kane can do so too (fingers crossed)

Verts?

Not good to lose him for such a long period. But it could mean he will be in form for the run in - so if the rest of the squad does well enough for us to stay in contention, his return could be a major boost in our fight for top four.

Wasn't dembele injured for a while last season? Seemed to be doing fine whenever he was playing. :)

Sent from my D6603 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Verts is a good one actually and I suppose Dembele too, although from memory Dembele was more niggles, a game here and there rather than a 2 month stretch?

Verts though, yes. Hopefully if Kane comes back after 2 months he won't have dropped fitness too much and will be able to slot in as JV did.

So all the outlets confirming it is 2 months even though we don't know yet whether it's a grade 1, 2 or 3? Holding out hope he's only out 10 days...

So all the outlets confirming it is 2 months even though we don't know yet whether it's a grade 1, 2 or 3? Holding out hope he's only out 10 days...

What ever the length of time is it will be an opportunity for some and a sharp way of focusing on the squad mix for all concerned.

Could Sossoko play upfront?

Last edited:
Back