• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Did the club ask Hodgson to limit Kane's playing time in the 2 matches? We would've been up brick creek if he got injured during international duty.

fudge Rooney and the England circus ...

Happy Harry is scoring, we just have to make sure we give him those opportunities to do it in the PL this week-end.

Hopefully the 2 goals in the week has eased the mental pressure a touch

Kane can definitely do it, he's more of a clinic finisher than Rooney. I think he'll become a better striker than Rooney, more prolific - he's started well, and hopefully will be one a big player for Tournaments - just hope that he's given the main role that he deserves.

i think we need to get used to the idea that maybe, just maybe....Kane may not score as many goals as he did last season

and you know what ...this shouldn't bother use one tiny bit, its always good to have top to world class players in your starting 11 despite their form.

and kane's overall play is top class indeed even if the goals are not flowing. i think the media need to stop focusing on the lack of play and emphasise more on the overall contribution he has to our team

Nah, I think he is on target to equal last season's target, just watch this space ;)

If Hodgson begins to start Kane regularly he will end up with the best goals to minute ratio for England. He is guarenteed goals against the sorts of teams we come up against in qualifying. 3 goals in 1 start says it all.

Hopefully his two this week will help him do the business on Sunday.

Rooney has had to change his game a little bit since his debut though. I think it was Euro 2004 when he was on fire, full of pace and power and bullying defenders. Today he is less about that, whereas Kane has a style of play that will probably see him through many years.

One thing that will give Kane a good chance for success well in to the future, is his positional sense.

Kane seems to pick up good positions, regularly scoring from them. Like all good strikers, his strong positional sense is instinctive and makes the game look easier for him.

I think that, and his ability to get away an early shot, are key in the chances for his future success.

As for his season with us, his ability to score the first time effort tonight suggests to me that his confidence is returning, and seemingly, from his finish against San Marino, so is his composure. He's coming back to us in good form.

fudge Rooney and the England circus ...

Happy Harry is scoring, we just have to make sure we give him those opportunities to do it in the PL this week-end.

Hopefully the 2 goals in the week has eased the mental pressure a touch

Could not agree more, Rooney is yet another English player who has been overhyped by the British media. He is a good player but world class ( which has been said about him) not imo.

Very well taken goal. Kane looks good
I just can't get the whole Rooney hyperbole

Seriously?.... 50 goals in international football at a rate of almost a goal every 2 games. A player with a huge work rate, will to win, good skill, physicality and awareness. He's nowhere near our greatest ever player but he is still very, very, very good. Ignore the press hype and just judge the player on his actual strengths and performances and you'll see a player that you'd love to have in your team. I would absolutely love to have him at Spurs in the number 10 role behind Kane. If Kane has a career as good as Rooney's has been so far (and we manage to keep him at Spurs) then we would be very lucky indeed.

Well done to Kane for scoring again for England. He looks more comfortable wearing that No.18 for England than the current no.10 for us. Read somewhere that Defoe gave him his no.18 shirt to wear and emulate Klinsmann. If so, it is no logic for us to ask him to change to the no.10.

Well done to Kane for scoring again for England. He looks more comfortable wearing that No.18 for England than the current no.10 for us. Read somewhere that Defoe gave him his no.18 shirt to wear and emulate Klinsmann. If so, it is no logic for us to ask him to change to the no.10.

What makes you think we asked Kane to swap numbers as opposed to him asking for it?

Back