• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

As I said to another poster Jimmy you don't have to believe anything I say. Just let time take its course and see how it pans out. Hopefully he stays on til 2030 and goes on to be the clubs all time leading scorer.

It's perfectly possible that Kane will eventually leave Spurs. He might even act up in order to force a move.

But it won't happen this summer. He is more than happy to be at Spurs at this stage of his career.

Jimmy if you wish to believe you understand Levys mindset better than me I'm ok with that. You certainly understand the financial side better than me as witnessed in the stadium thread for which your contribution should be commended by the way.

Lets just agree that we all hope Kane stays with us.

Well, thank you for the kind words (however undeserved they might be!).

But I have to stress that I have no greater facility to understand Levy's thinking than you. I think it's just that I've probably studied his actions - and those of Joe Lewis and the Tavistock Group generally - more closely than you.

I'd expect United to toss another hand-grenade in our direction towards the end of the window in a further effort to unsettle the player, and I believe their motivations have as much to do with disrupting Spurs as they do with any genuine desire to have Kane on their playing staff. However, I think Kane knows that his greatest opportunity for development lies here, and that if he stays, he's likely to reap bigger rewards in the future as a result. I'd be absolutely astonished if he moves this window.

Very much par for the course with those clams ... make no mistake, Van Hippo Head is under pressure, more big money spent, they need good results early.

Re Kane, another season like last, and a few more suitors will come calling, no question. That said, for the money he would cost, most teams will be looking for a finished product.

I'd expect United to toss another hand-grenade in our direction towards the end of the window in a further effort to unsettle the player, and I believe their motivations have as much to do with disrupting Spurs as they do with any genuine desire to have Kane on their playing staff. However, I think Kane knows that his greatest opportunity for development lies here, and that if he stays, he's likely to reap bigger rewards in the future as a result. I'd be absolutely astonished if he moves this window.
They may try to unsettle Kane but I don't think it will work. The sort of tactic only works when there there is a chance a player will move, and in this case there is none. Kane is a mature young man and he'll just laugh it off, of that I am sure.

They may try to unsettle Kane but I don't think it will work. The sort of tactic only works when there there is a chance a player will move, and in this case there is none. Kane is a mature young man and he'll just laugh it off, of that I am sure.

This.

I suspect (though it could just be wishful thinking!) that these stories will achieve nothing more than to inspire him to an outstanding performance on Saturday.

A fantastic piece of journalism from the Express today:

MANCHESTER UNITED have made "discreet enquiries" into Harry Kane's availability, according to reports.

The Mirror claims LVG has instructed Old Trafford officials to sound out Tottenham's Kane.

Tottenham reportedly value their ace at around £40million.

How can we value him at 40 million when we've already (alledgedly) turned down their discreetly leaked bid?

A fantastic piece of journalism from the Express today:

MANCHESTER UNITED have made "discreet enquiries" into Harry Kane's availability, according to reports.

The Mirror claims LVG has instructed Old Trafford officials to sound out Tottenham's Kane.

Tottenham reportedly value their ace at around £40million.

How can we value him at 40 million when we've already (alledgedly) turned down their discreetly leaked bid?

To get even close to Levy considering a bid for Kane, they'd have to add at least £30m on that. Levy would just point to Sterling going to Emirates Marketing Project for £50m and:

*Sterling was in the last legs of his contract and refusing to sign a new one - Kane has just signed a new deal and has ages left to run;
*Kane is a striker - add on striker's premium;
*Kane scored 30+ goals in his first season - is Sterling's output as good in terms of assists/goals?
*It's Man Utd and we know they have a sh**-tonne more money than £40m kicking about;
*Real Madrid will give us double in a couple of seasons if he keeps on topping the scoring charts.

To get even close to Levy considering a bid for Kane, they'd have to add at least £30m on that. Levy would just point to Sterling going to Emirates Marketing Project for £50m and:

*Sterling was in the last legs of his contract and refusing to sign a new one - Kane has just signed a new deal and has ages left to run;
*Kane is a striker - add on striker's premium;
*Kane scored 30+ goals in his first season - is Sterling's output as good in terms of assists/goals?
*It's Man Utd and we know they have a sh**-tonne more money than £40m kicking about;
*Real Madrid will give us double in a couple of seasons if he keeps on topping the scoring charts.

bare minimum.....im sure Levy privately values Kane right now at nearer 100 mill, and im not even kidding. Not that he is going to sell though

bare minimum.....im sure Levy privately values Kane right now at nearer 100 mill, and im not even kidding. Not that he is going to sell though

It would be a PR disaster for Levy if Kane was sold this summer, the fear is Utd making an offer too big to refuse and Levy will be at his desk looking at the stadium cost and have to consider it in the business interests of the club.

I think if Kane contimues the 'home grown, hard-working kid made big' he'll potentially be to us what Beckham was to Manure: i.e. not the most talented dude (when it comes to the top top players), but worked his socks off and gets kudos for himself and the club for that.

The possible marketing possibilities for THFC would be endless and probably means that selling him wouldn't even be worth it even if a Gareth Bale type bid came in imo

I think if Kane contimues the 'home grown, hard-working kid made big' he'll potentially be to us what Beckham was to Manure: i.e. not the most talented dude (when it comes to the top top players), but worked his socks off and gets kudos for himself and the club for that.

The possible marketing possibilities for THFC would be endless and probably means that selling him wouldn't even be worth it even if a Gareth Bale type bid came in imo

And he has cool name :cool::D

What a man.

Harry Kane: 'I want to become a Tottenham legend and change the image of players representing England'

Interview: Forget second-season syndrome - Kane has grabbed the No 10 shirt at Spurs and claims that he can only get better
So why, Harry Kane, did you decide to take the number 10 shirt at Tottenham Hotspur for this season? “I want to become a club legend,” Kane says.

The striker is sitting fresh from a tough morning of training – following on from a double-session the day before exacted by manager Mauricio Pochettino – in the first-floor gallery at Spurs’ gleaming training ground.

Kane is apologetic after being delayed a little by meetings and also lunch with his team-mates which over-ran as the conversation flowed.“The manager likes the team to be like a family,” he explains.

This is Kane’s first in-depth interview for the new season. A campaign in which he is determined to prove he is not – to use a phrase he raises – “a one-season wonder” – after 31 goals, a scoring England debut and a status acquired and embraced as the poster boy for the Football Association.

It was great. Except great, for Kane, will be when “I can look back in 15 years’ time and think last season was a good season in a great career not a great season in a good career”. The striker adds: “I just want to say ‘wow’ that was the beginning. It’s just a start.”

All eyes are on him. Can he sustain it? Is he good enough? “Fans are excited to see whether I can do it again – and I am excited to see if I can,” Kane, who has just turned 22, says.

“I was a fan myself and I know what it’s like. If someone comes out of the blocks and scores 31 goals in one season then you think ‘ok, was that a one-off or will he do it again?’

“I have a lot of self-belief and I think it will happen. I think I will just get better and better. It’s what great players do, they don’t let up on anything. And I wouldn’t do that anyway.”

But first that change of number. Kane was handed the number 18 shirt by Jermain Defoe when he left Spurs. The striker’s parting words were “there are goals in that shirt” and Kane has certainly maintained that. So why change to 10?

“It’s such an iconic number at Spurs,” Kane says. “When you look at the players who have worn it – Sheringham, Keane, Hoddle, Ferdinand, Greaves. When I was growing up Keane and Sheringham were my idols and they wore 10. So it was always my dream to wear it. Obviously 18 was great to me and Defoe gave it to me.

“But when I knew 10 was available I just wanted it. I love this club and to be wearing number 10 for Tottenham is amazing for me. I could not resist.”

Does it add to the pressure on him to perform? “That’s what I want,” Kane says. “I want to become a club legend. You are always going to face pressure in football. But I’m very strong-minded and I know what I want to achieve and taking that number 10 shirt was just another part of that.”

There is something extremely likeable about Kane as he prepares to face Stoke City, at home, on Saturday. It is not just his back-story, his appearance, with the slicked-back hair, the almost ‘throw-back-to-a-different-era’ look - and his exciting potential. There is candour and there is enthusiasm and he is one of those footballers who, immediately, people want to extend good will towards. People want Kane to succeed. He senses it himself.

“I think people appreciate the way I have come through and, obviously, with being young and English it makes a bit of a difference,” Kane says. “A lot of footballers nowadays have a bad image, for one reason or another, but I’m grounded. I think I’m a clean-cut guy, I’m close to my family and friends and people relate to that. I was a fan. Tottenham fans see me as ‘one of their own’ and that is genuinely a good feeling.”

Former players, great strikers, such as Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer, have also added to the chorus. They believe he can succeed. “It’s great to hear them talking about you,” Kane, speaking in his new role as an ambassador for BT Sport, says.

“It’s pretty strange also. Some of the compliments I had last season from some great former players were incredible. Some people might get nervous after that but I am the opposite – I use it. I don’t want to let them down, I want to prove them right, that it wasn’t just one season, that I can become better. It drives me on when I hear those ex-players talking like that.”

Kane inherited that number 10 shirt after it was taken away from Emmanuel Adebayor who, like Aaron Lennon, has not been assigned a squad number as Spurs continue their extensive clear-out. So far it is three in and 14 out as Pochettino pares down and builds his team around a younger core of talent led by Kane.

“This transfer window was really the first time the gaffer kind of put his own stamp on what he wanted to do,” he says. “He got rid of who he no longer wanted and brought in who he wanted. It’s exciting. We know his philosophy and what he wants and we need to keep working towards that and keep improving. Because we are young, we are probably one of the youngest teams in the Premier League, and we are not the finished article, so we are not getting ahead of ourselves. But the building blocks, the direction, are there.”

...read the rest of this very good interview here (too long to copy and paste):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...he-image-of-players-representing-England.html

What a man.

Harry Kane: 'I want to become a Tottenham legend and change the image of players representing England'

Interview: Forget second-season syndrome - Kane has grabbed the No 10 shirt at Spurs and claims that he can only get better
So why, Harry Kane, did you decide to take the number 10 shirt at Tottenham Hotspur for this season? “I want to become a club legend,” Kane says.

The striker is sitting fresh from a tough morning of training – following on from a double-session the day before exacted by manager Mauricio Pochettino – in the first-floor gallery at Spurs’ gleaming training ground.

Kane is apologetic after being delayed a little by meetings and also lunch with his team-mates which over-ran as the conversation flowed.“The manager likes the team to be like a family,” he explains.

This is Kane’s first in-depth interview for the new season. A campaign in which he is determined to prove he is not – to use a phrase he raises – “a one-season wonder” – after 31 goals, a scoring England debut and a status acquired and embraced as the poster boy for the Football Association.

It was great. Except great, for Kane, will be when “I can look back in 15 years’ time and think last season was a good season in a great career not a great season in a good career”. The striker adds: “I just want to say ‘wow’ that was the beginning. It’s just a start.”

All eyes are on him. Can he sustain it? Is he good enough? “Fans are excited to see whether I can do it again – and I am excited to see if I can,” Kane, who has just turned 22, says.

“I was a fan myself and I know what it’s like. If someone comes out of the blocks and scores 31 goals in one season then you think ‘ok, was that a one-off or will he do it again?’

“I have a lot of self-belief and I think it will happen. I think I will just get better and better. It’s what great players do, they don’t let up on anything. And I wouldn’t do that anyway.”

But first that change of number. Kane was handed the number 18 shirt by Jermain Defoe when he left Spurs. The striker’s parting words were “there are goals in that shirt” and Kane has certainly maintained that. So why change to 10?

“It’s such an iconic number at Spurs,” Kane says. “When you look at the players who have worn it – Sheringham, Keane, Hoddle, Ferdinand, Greaves. When I was growing up Keane and Sheringham were my idols and they wore 10. So it was always my dream to wear it. Obviously 18 was great to me and Defoe gave it to me.

“But when I knew 10 was available I just wanted it. I love this club and to be wearing number 10 for Tottenham is amazing for me. I could not resist.”

Does it add to the pressure on him to perform? “That’s what I want,” Kane says. “I want to become a club legend. You are always going to face pressure in football. But I’m very strong-minded and I know what I want to achieve and taking that number 10 shirt was just another part of that.”

There is something extremely likeable about Kane as he prepares to face Stoke City, at home, on Saturday. It is not just his back-story, his appearance, with the slicked-back hair, the almost ‘throw-back-to-a-different-era’ look - and his exciting potential. There is candour and there is enthusiasm and he is one of those footballers who, immediately, people want to extend good will towards. People want Kane to succeed. He senses it himself.

“I think people appreciate the way I have come through and, obviously, with being young and English it makes a bit of a difference,” Kane says. “A lot of footballers nowadays have a bad image, for one reason or another, but I’m grounded. I think I’m a clean-cut guy, I’m close to my family and friends and people relate to that. I was a fan. Tottenham fans see me as ‘one of their own’ and that is genuinely a good feeling.”

Former players, great strikers, such as Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer, have also added to the chorus. They believe he can succeed. “It’s great to hear them talking about you,” Kane, speaking in his new role as an ambassador for BT Sport, says.

“It’s pretty strange also. Some of the compliments I had last season from some great former players were incredible. Some people might get nervous after that but I am the opposite – I use it. I don’t want to let them down, I want to prove them right, that it wasn’t just one season, that I can become better. It drives me on when I hear those ex-players talking like that.”

Kane inherited that number 10 shirt after it was taken away from Emmanuel Adebayor who, like Aaron Lennon, has not been assigned a squad number as Spurs continue their extensive clear-out. So far it is three in and 14 out as Pochettino pares down and builds his team around a younger core of talent led by Kane.

“This transfer window was really the first time the gaffer kind of put his own stamp on what he wanted to do,” he says. “He got rid of who he no longer wanted and brought in who he wanted. It’s exciting. We know his philosophy and what he wants and we need to keep working towards that and keep improving. Because we are young, we are probably one of the youngest teams in the Premier League, and we are not the finished article, so we are not getting ahead of ourselves. But the building blocks, the direction, are there.”

...read the rest of this very good interview here (too long to copy and paste):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...he-image-of-players-representing-England.html

What an absolute class act. This kid will go far.

Back