• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think Sterling and Kane need a summer break more than they need tournament experience. They will both be key players in France 2016, next season im sure again both Liverpool and Spurs will rely heavily upon them so lets give them a good break now.

Anyway, Kane already has tournament experience, he played at the 2013 Fifa Under 20 World Cup in Turkey, and of course Sterling too has experience at last years World Cup

England can take Ings, Berahino and lets say Bamford and stil be strong at the Euro U21s. Barkley should go because he has not played much this season

Kane is passionate about playing for his country at any level. He helped England qualify for the under 21 tournament and he wants to play, and Southgate wants him there. No good would come of the club attempting to prevent him from going in the summer.

I think Sterling and Kane need a summer break more than they need tournament experience. They will both be key players in France 2016, next season im sure again both Liverpool and Spurs will rely heavily upon them so lets give them a good break now.

Anyway, Kane already has tournament experience, he played at the 2013 Fifa Under 20 World Cup in Turkey, and of course Sterling too has experience at last years World Cup

England can take Ings, Berahino and lets say Bamford and stil be strong at the Euro U21s. Barkley should go because he has not played much this season

I presume you are talking about the 2013 Fifa Under 20 World Cup where England finished bottom of their group with 2 points? What Kane needs is a positive successful tournament experience. Paul Pogba is one of the best midfielders in the world right now and I am pretty sure him leading France to the 2013 Fifa Under 20 World Cup Title did no harm at all.

When the top German and Spanish youngsters never shy away from representing their countries in these tournaments I never understand why so many English people feel the need to protect their young players from tournament experience. Funny how Argentina and Brazil never seemed to have that problem with the likes of Messi and Naymar

Kane is passionate about playing for his country at any level. He helped England qualify for the under 21 tournament and he wants to play, and Southgate wants him there. No good would come of the club attempting to prevent him from going in the summer.

Kane hasnt made a decision yet so i dont think he wants to go as much as you think he does. Southgate has said its entirely in Harry's hands if he wants to go

I presume you are talking about the 2013 Fifa Under 20 World Cup where England finished bottom of their group with 2 points? What Kane needs is a positive successful tournament experience. Paul Pogba is one of the best midfielders in the world right now and I am pretty sure him leading France to the 2013 Fifa Under 20 World Cup Title did no harm at all.

When the top German and Spanish youngsters never shy away from representing their countries in these tournaments I never understand why so many English people feel the need to protect their young players from tournament experience. Funny how Argentina and Brazil never seemed to have that problem with the likes of Messi and Naymar

you cant guarantee that. They could easily go out of the group stages again

Gary Lineker never have tournament experience before the Mexico 86 World Cup where he ended up winning the Golden Boot

Imo Kane is more important to England at Euro 2016 than he is for the upcoming Euro U21s, so its better he has a good rest this summer. Same goes for Raheem Sterling, so you understand im not being biased towards Tottenham players

Kane hasnt made a decision yet so i dont think he wants to go as much as you think he does. Southgate has said its entirely in Harry's hands if he wants to go

What makes you say so? I ask because I have heard him on the radio (BBC 5 Live) say he is looking forward to going to the under 21 tournament.

Gary Lineker never have tournament experience before the Mexico 86 World Cup where he ended up winning the Golden Boot

Imo Kane is more important to England at Euro 2016 than he is for the upcoming Euro U21s, so its better he has a good rest this summer. Same goes for Raheem Sterling, so you understand im not being biased towards Tottenham players

Of course I cannot guarantee it, I never said I could. And you make a valid point about Lineker, however Southgate wants him and Kane has indicated he wants to go. I would suggest that as Kane played a major part in qualifying for the under 21 tournament and has already indicated he wants to go, I see no reason while he would all of a sudden change his mind just because you feel he needs a rest

If I were English like Kane I would believe that I am capable of performing in both summer tournaments

I have never understood why English fans that are use to having so little success at international level shows so little interest/respect for international football at youth/under 21 level

I have never understood why English fans that are use to having so little success at international level shows so little interest/respect for international football at youth/under 21 level
its not a lack of respect. As i said earlier, even without Kane England can take Ings, Berahino and a young prospect like Bamford or Solanke. Thats a set of forwards good enough to make a massive impact at the tournament

What makes you say so? I ask because I have heard him on the radio (BBC 5 Live) say he is looking forward to going to the under 21 tournament.

i dont know when he said that, all Ive seen and read so up to now is that a final decision hasnt been made

I don't know about you but if I was Harry and helped a national team qualify for a tournament I'd want to be there this summer and finish the job.
Sounds great in principle. But the reality is he has had a tough first full season with a hectic schedule of games. He then goes to the under 21 euros, followed by another long Spurs season with more Europa league games and possibly senior team euro qualifiers and then finally the Senior Euro's next summer. I'm not a sport scientist but that kind of a schedule of games is how we will burn out a young player. I'm sure the club is worried about this too. Imo if he is to have any part of the senior side I don't think he should also be part of the under 21 squad.

They have a winter break and a smaller league

Their league cup is played as a pre-season tournament with the best teams from the league and the cup winner and only 3 rounds of games. It might even have been abandoned completely now in favour of a straight super cup final.

its not a lack of respect. As i said earlier, even without Kane England can take Ings, Berahino and a young prospect like Bamford or Solanke. Thats a set of forwards good enough to make a massive impact at the tournament

With Kane they have a serious chance of winning the tournament, which might be a good thing because England national teams do not have a good history of winning stuff

How do Germany manage to take their best and brightest to the under age tournaments and not burn them out?

i dont think they did/do. once a young player establishes himself as part of the 23 man main national team setup, i dont think they go back to playing for the u21. i might be wrong though.

Back