• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I much prefer him at Number 9 and think he should stay there. If you look at the transfer market there are loads of small, skillful attacking players who can play number 10 and then rotate out to wider attacking positions to make squad management easier. Not so many tough and intelligent finishers like Kane.

i thought kane played better with soldado who was willing to play provider, they interchanged well between themselves.

his england goal and circumstances reminded me of hoddle's debut, where he made one and scored one - signalling the birth of a legend.

i thought kane played better with soldado who was willing to play provider, they interchanged well between themselves.

his england goal and circumstances reminded me of hoddle's debut, where he made one and scored one - signalling the birth of a legend.

I think we must be watching different sports.

Marca on Bale

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...anish-press-label-spurs-ace-best-english-ne/?

“English football holds its breath before the coming of the Tottenham striker who is called to mark a new era,” the Spanish publication write.

“Recent failures of England in major tournaments fuel the enthusiasm for the emergence of the 21-year-old striker, who of goal scoring ease, quality and mobility is breaking all the moulds.

“Kane is the best English newcomer of the last decade.”

I guess this means Madrid have their eye on him already. Well I hope he can see the way they are treating Bale over there

Imagine if Bale had stayed... linking up with Kane.

We have some of the worst luck ever as a football club....just look back in time!

Of course, and it would be fantastic if it worked out. I just wonder whether, going by the way he has sometimes played alongside or behind Soldado or Ade, it might affect his game adversely - something none of us want I'm sure.

We can only hope Baldini is successful in finding the right striker to either partner or understudy Kane next season, but recent history suggests it's no given - by any stretch.

err......exactly,can't think why it's a problem..there must be some decent strikers somewhere. We need one that is quick thinking,,good on the ball ..hold onto the ball and can link up play.
anyway.............................ComeonyousuperSpurs

We have some of the worst luck ever as a football club....just look back in time!

you never know, maybe Kane wouldnt have been given a chance to break through to the first team. If Bale had stayed, i dont think AVB would have walked/got sacked and im not sure how many chances he would have given to Harry

Harry would have most likely ended up elsewhere, loaned or sold

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-hes-worked-hard-enough-for-it-10143299.html

nice article about Harry, the following words are so so true

These false dawns mean it’s natural to be fatalistic about anything the England team does. But Kane’s success story is a little different.

It is not about hype. Kane’s tale is actually quite the opposite, it is a story of persistence, determination and belief. Of a career that drifted away from White Hart Lane and meandered through loan spells at Leyton Orient. Millwall, Norwich and Leicester before his potential was eventually realised back at Tottenham.

Hype is a triumph of style over substance. Kane’s success is a triumph of talent, belief and hard work. Which is why we should revel in his achievements.

Why would Levy be fretting, Kane either stays and continues banging in the goals, or we will get a ridiculous amount of money for yet another player, which would be reinvested you would hope more wisely than the Bale money, given the better infrastructure we have in place now, e.g. Baldini, return of Bloomfield and the addition of Mitchell.

Kane is not our worry .. yet

He can call his salary within reason at Spurs, he's still very young, and he will be the #1 starter.

Even idiot agents would know (provided he did want to go), a raise now, a second good season and he would then be worth almost a name your price kind of deal ..

Why would Levy be fretting, Kane either stays and continues banging in the goals, or we will get a ridiculous amount of money for yet another player, which would be reinvested you would hope more wisely than the Bale money, given the better infrastructure we have in place now, e.g. Baldini, return of Bloomfield and the addition of Mitchell.
That article's a load of gonad*s, seemingly based on the premise that Levy would have to mortgage the club up to the hilt to afford the stadium. Lazy journalism -- it seems fairly clear that we're on a financially sound footing (esp. with the massively increased TV money) to build the stadium without selling off prize assets.

Of course, the possibility of Kane heading to Spain in a few seasons' time is very real (or Real, even). But the only thing forcing Levy to sell would be Harry's head getting turned. NOT the need to square the numbers for White Hart Lane II. No matter how questionable some of Levy's footballing decisions may be, I think pretty much every Spurs supporter out there knows that he's The Man to handle a massive financial project like the stadium upgrade.

Indeed, this past decade it's often felt as if our star players are like ships that pass in the night...

Summer 2006: Carrick out → Berbatov in
Summer 2008: Berbatov out → Modric in
Summer 2012: Modric + van der Vaart out → Lloris + Vertonghen in
Summer 2013: Bale out → Eriksen in

Can but hope that Kane, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris are still Lilywhites when we next sign a world class talent who lights up The Lane.

Last edited:
Indeed, this past decade it's often felt as if our star players are like ships that pass in the night...

Summer 2006: Carrick out → Berbatov in
Summer 2008: Berbatov out → Modric in
Summer 2012: Modric + van der Vaart out → Lloris + Vertonghen in
Summer 2013: Bale out → Eriksen in

Can but hope that Kane, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris are still Lilywhites when we next sign a world class talent who lights up The Lane.

Christ we have had some good players in the last 10 years.

That article's a load of cobblers, seemingly based on the premise that Levy would have to mortgage the club up to the hilt to afford the stadium. Lazy journalism -- it seems fairly clear that we're on a financially sound footing (esp. with the massively increased TV money) to build the stadium without selling off prize assets.

Of course, the possibility of Kane heading to Spain in a few seasons' time is very real (or Real, even). But the only thing forcing Levy to sell would be Harry's head getting turned. NOT the need to square the numbers for White Hart Lane II. No matter how questionable some of Levy's footballing decisions may be, I think pretty much every Spurs supporter out there knows that he's The Man to handle a massive financial project like the stadium upgrade.
Another pointer. If finding enough dough for the new stadium was looking such a daunting challenge why on earth did a shrewd businessman like Levy immediately go out and blow the whole Bale windfall (and then some) in the transfer market? Surely he would have squirrelled at least some of it away?

He could perfectly easily have turned round to AVB and said, "Sorry mate, gotta pay for this new stadium somehow old boy, afraid you're gonna have to make do with £50m 'cos I'm putting the rest under me mattress for the NDP."

Potential strike partner for Kane? I've always rated Barkley.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32123050

Everton's Ross Barkley says he is best played as a striker, despite most of his career so far being spent as an attacking midfielder.

Barkley, 21, has scored twice in 28 games in all competitions for Everton this season, with Roberto Martinez's side 13th in the Premier League table.

The England international told Premier League World: "I'm a striker.

"I can have my greatest impact there. I'm free to roam around, take players on, have shots and create chances."

Back