• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

then you have missed a few posts, which you have admitted quite a few times in the past that is very likely ......was involved in a discussion a while back with a few people stating that we should get a striker and move Kane into the number 10 role. In this very thread actually

I think that it is pretty odd to try and paint a six month old discussion about his best position to be a bandwagon. For the moment at least, I think that the argument is closed but Kane's flexibility should be seen as an asset above all else.

I think that it is pretty odd to try and paint a six month old discussion about his best position to be a bandwagon. For the moment at least, I think that the argument is closed but Kane's flexibility should be seen as an asset above all else.

firstly it isnt 6 months old when this discussion happened / started about moving him from a fruitful position into a supporting role, he was already scoring bags of it..so scratch that point.
secondly......there was a wagon...dont know how big but there was a cart , horse and somewhere for people to sit. Thats all am saying...like i said you probably missed it. it wont be that hard to find as i dont come on here that often...i am fairly certain that you can trace timelines of my posts here in this thread see it?

the search function in this thing is amazing. have a look at ythe soldado thread...page 147...
later folks. Gym beckons

i am guessing its not JUSt limited to page 147 btw,...might need a bit of context from other pages and threads

ah this thing is getting old fast. see you guys in a few

errrm no, i think he was scoring a crud load before that point also. Actually i think since then he has scored maybe 5? the double and the hattrick, so just 2 games and that notion is completely crucified? what if he goes through a 5 game dry patch? should he get moved back? no. it shouldnt be about micro analysis in short samples...you'll be a lunatic constantly changing your mind.

anyway....Milo cant read everything in every thread...mine is and was that i dont get how someone scoring needs his position looked at. fix everywhere else first

I think it was metalgear that backed me saying that Kane is probably on par with costa...but not on aguero's level

I don't recall seeing talk of moving him back to the '3 behind' since he has established himself as a starting center forward for us, most of that talk was on where he should play when breaking in to the team (from his role in the EL games) - i think @galeforce recently said something about bringing in a CF and Kane playing behind but im not sure that it's a widely held opinion, or 'wagon' as you put it.

my logic is, we need to buy another forward, let's get one that's gonna make us better and play him in the side with Kane

Well done to Kane for scoring on his England debut. But he is having a debut season so great that it is going to be very difficult to continue next season. The expectations are going to be sky high for him and he might become a marked man next season.
No one knows what the future holds. So just relax and enjoy the moment!

ieEddhu.jpg

firstly it isnt 6 months old when this discussion happened / started about moving him from a fruitful position into a supporting role, he was already scoring bags of it..so scratch that point.
secondly......there was a wagon...dont know how big but there was a cart , horse and somewhere for people to sit. Thats all am saying...like i said you probably missed it. it wont be that hard to find as i dont come on here that often...i am fairly certain that you can trace timelines of my posts here in this thread see it?

I don't recall more than a couple of posts about playing Kane in a different position since he has established himself in the side. I wouldn't rule out him playing as a number 10 again sometime in the future, he is good in that position too and if we had another striker who was knocking them in, it might be a good option but lots needs to happen before we could get to that point.

I think that he did the right thing in bringing him off the bench
Nah. Kane did amazingly well when he came on and things went as well as he could have hoped for, but I still think he should have been in from the very start. Sometimes the time is right to take a chance on a player and last night was the perfect time for Kane to start IMO

I don't recall more than a couple of posts about playing Kane in a different position since he has established himself in the side. I wouldn't rule out him playing as a number 10 again sometime in the future, he is good in that position too and if we had another striker who was knocking them in, it might be a good option but lots needs to happen before we could get to that point.

Actually it was more than just one or two. If you go back to pages 58/59 in this thread (28/29 December) there were a good seven or eight mostly highly respected posters who wanted him either behind or alongside Soldado. By then I think it's fair to say he'd already established himself as our regular first choice striker having displaced Soldado (and Ade).

A few months ago I certainly felt Kane to be better behind the front man. My opinion has obviously changed as he has proved to be a better out and out striker than I anticipated. But if we did ever actually sign a top striker I'd still be happy for him to play behind...

hey i hear what you're saying Milo, i know you dont want a divisive type discussion, by wagon i just kind of meant train of thought...but when you said you didnt see any i thought you were trying to pull that whole 'people' routine during the Redknapp debates. i like this functionality of this site ..... makes is harder to dodge what gets said

galeforce... no bad vibes intended mate, honest...the last time i was here was literally around trhe same time we had that discussion...so when kane scored i was like "sigh...man, i'm taking up the mantle again..Kane as our striker FOR LIFE" kind of thing.

but just to add to this debate without something milo and crew find potentially board antagonising....... i actually dont want to buy another striker to compete with kane...i think a back up is what we need or if someone is going to play alongside kane...it better be THEM that drops deeper on average / position

hey i hear what you're saying Milo, i know you dont want a divisive type discussion, by wagon i just kind of meant train of thought...but when you said you didnt see any i thought you were trying to pull that whole 'people' routine during the Redknapp debates. i like this functionality of this site ..... makes is harder to dodge what gets said

galeforce... no bad vibes intended mate, honest...the last time i was here was literally around trhe same time we had that discussion...so when kane scored i was like "sigh...man, i'm taking up the mantle again..Kane as our striker FOR LIFE" kind of thing.

but just to add to this debate without something milo and crew find potentially board antagonising....... i actually dont want to buy another striker to compete with kane...i think a back up is what we need or if someone is going to play alongside kane...it better be THEM that drops deeper on average / position

Agree, you have a player capable of 30 goals, you want him to be as close to the goal as possible.

My thought is we want a wing forward type of player to work with Kane (right side would be obvious this season), the other option is a striker with Kane that has a lot of pace the could start alongside/deeper, make quick runs (Kane isn't quick) to either get the ball or create space for Kane

I walked the dog this morning and the boys playing football were all talking about Harry. I don't know if anyone has seen the Twitter map of Kane tweets from last night, forget England, this boy is global, 11500 tweets in the minute after he scored.
What does this mean? It means that Kane is major box office, supporters identify with him, kids want to play like him. If he keeps this up global shirt sales for Tottenham alone could pay for the new stadium and Harry could catapult Totenham back into the Euro elite.
I don't mean to bring this fairytale down to money, it's Tottenham I love and keeping Kane would be worth far more than the potential £80 - £100m we could get for him. Sell Harry at your peril.

With regards to him playing 9 or 10.
We've had some games where he's been isolated and we've struggled to get the ball to him. In those cases it is better moving him back to 10 to get him into the game.
Rather have him in the game having an effect on it than not in it.

Back