• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

That's why I'm asking about Kane. I don't think he used to bang on about being a Spurs fan did he? When the crowd sung he's one of our own, it was just assumed he was a massive Spurs fan. Anyway, those goals and celebrations tells us everything we need to know.

I still can't quite believe his rise. He was a bit of a cult hero and this whole "HURRIKANE" was all a bit of a laugh. Now he has just left us all stunned at just how good he has been.

Bottom line is he may or may not have been a Gooner, if he was all that matters is that he saw the light and is now Lilywhite

Thank goodness he has not tried to hold the club to ransom like Sterling is trying to right now. Fortunately it does not seem to be in Kane's nature

The amount of people that have told me today that he wont stay at spurs for long. I wonder what it is in the psychological make up that makes people like that, the envy the jealousy. Usually from man u, chelsea fans etc. I find it all a little pathetic would love to see football in this country properly competitive again because to see the fans of these clubs lose their place at the top would be so funny.

Was so nice to see Liverpools slide and see their fans become a little more humble, would love to see man u not finish top 4 two years running. As for Chelsea I can not say what I would like to happen to them for fear of being banned.

It's more the entitlement that tinkles me off. The fans of those clubs seem to think that they are the only clubs allowed to have good players and are entitled to any talent that comes through from elsewhere. Players at the "lesser" clubs are dismissed as poor players until they move on to a bigger club where they suddenly become a player "who always looked good". Prime example from the weekend is the number of Arsenal fans who were in their post match threads calling Bentaleb and Mason poor players who just work hard, yet if either one came out of their academy or UTD's we would be hearing non stop about the best aspects of their play.

Ultimately I think it is a case of the supporters from the Sky 5 fearing that the staus quo may become upset. It's why even if we sustain this run til the end of the season, we will be seen as lucky despite having a great young coach getting the best out of some very good young talent. We could win the title two years running, but will always be seen as not fit to sit at the top table unless backed by a billionaire with a team costing in excess of £200 million.

yeah, officially the youngest PL starting line up of the season (all clubs)

Astonishing to play as well as we did with a team like that!

So much potential for the future to go with a tremendous amount of current ability.

It simply doesnt fit into the media's remit to praise us for stuff like this

It's just a narrative thing I think. Some parts of the media are talking about Poch's youth strategy, was mentioned on the guardian football weekly podcast for example. But for it to truly saturate the mainstream media it just takes time, time to become the accepted narrative...

In reading all the recent reaction to Kane people from outside Spurs still don't realise how good he is.
They have no idea how well he can pass the ball, how he can spot a pass as well as almost anyone in our squad. Little is said of his technique. A lot just see him as a Shearer type. Shearer couldn't even dribble like Kane.

In reading all the recent reaction to Kane people from outside Spurs still don't realise how good he is.
They have no idea how well he can pass the ball, how he can spot a pass as well as almost anyone in our squad. Little is said of his technique. A lot just see him as a Shearer type. Shearer couldn't even dribble like Kane.

Good spot. Shearer fitted neatly and conveniently into the popular media's stereopype of the old-fashioned striker, and since Kane has so far exhibited all those qualities in abundance, for shorthand it wants to shoehorn him into that same box.

And whilst Harry is never flash, it's inevitably going to be his goalscoring feats that catch the eye. Yet as you suggest he's got the complete skill-set of both a striker and a number ten, a Shearer and Sheringham all rolled into one. In other words a Shearingham! ;)

Even if he can keep on doing it with only half the regularity and aplomb we've seen to date - and barring injury there's no earthly reason why he cannot - that is still a mouthwatering prospect.

You can hear some ex-pros commenting how they admire his all-round skill set.
How he doesn't fit cleanly into a set stereotype.

Back