• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

People forget that although it wasn't instantaneous we did improve as a team once bale left.
Much like the bale era we had become too reliant on one player on and off the field.
Tbh with Harry gone, ange in the dugout and the young hungry team we have I'm excited about our future.
Bissouma, destiny, sarr, skip, maddison, bents, kulu, royal, in fact typing them out is quite an eye opener and when we add in the old pros like son, romero, Davies I for one can't wait for the season to start.

COYS!

Was thinking this morning imagine our team if we'd had peak Walker, Bale, Modric and Kane together. Hit home that we really need to sort ourselves out, seen so many great players move on over the years most of whom have won stack loads of trophies afterwards.

Future looks bright though, new era and all that.

Some on twitter suggesting we retire the no 10 shirt.
Considering some of the icons that have worn it it maybe fitting, but wouldn't seem like a proper spurs team without a no 10 on the pitch.

No way should we retire the shirt. That’s a load of bollox and a precedent clubs shouldn’t be setting unless in very very special circumstances.

I love Harry, I’m grateful to him, I wish him all the very best. Said it many times - the best player I’ve ever seen in our shirt if not the most talented. That I can say that is testament to the man and pro that he is.

But he’s gone. That’s football. The club will go on.

The number 10 is dead, long live the number 10.

No way should we retire the shirt. That’s a load of bollox and a precedent clubs shouldn’t be setting unless in very very special circumstances.

I love Harry, I’m grateful to him, I wish him all the very best. Said it many times - the best player I’ve ever seen in our shirt if not the most talented. That I can say that is testament to the man and pro that he is.

And what the fudge would Maddison say:D....

3 thoughts on the Kane thing and Spurs not winning trophies during his time with us, for what they’re worth:

(1) It has become a lot harder to win trophies in England. If you look at our finals since the League Cup win in ‘08: Chelsea, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project. Now look at the 5 finals before that: Blackburn, Leicester, Nottm Forest, Coventry, Anderlecht. “Superclubs” with huge resources are now taking every trophy incredibly seriously.

(2) It is a ridiculous narrative, mainly advanced by Man U former players who were lucky enough to play under Ferguson, that football is essentially meaningless if you don’t win trophies. Utter nonsense. I’m from Ireland and any fan of Ireland will tell you the years from 1988-94 were our absolute golden years with some great players and lots of brilliant memories created under Big Jack. We never came close to a trophy though. And when I think back on the Kane years here, I won’t be thinking about the League Cup Finals we didn’t win, but rather the brilliant performances week in, week out under Poch, the magic goals against Arsenal and Chelsea and City, the incredible ‘16-‘17 season when we won 17 of 19 (and drew the other two) in our last year at White Hart Lane, the run to the Champions League Final. Don’t let idiot journos or ex players from other clubs diminish those memories in the slightest.

(3) Harry Kane has been a model pro and a great footballer, the best I’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt, a brilliant no. 9 and no. 10 rolled into one. A true great. Good luck to him now at Bayern, I hope he wins the lot. In the meantime, we have an exciting new manager and players to support. COYS!

I've never really paid much attention to this rule.

Do we have to name 8 of those in the matchday squad or just have them hanging around at the club picking up cones?
You don't have to name 8 homegrown. You just can't have more than 17 non-homegrownm
players in a squad. You could if you wished have just a squad of 17 non-homegrown players.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Pretty sure its just in the 25 man squad. Sure there have means times when a PL has fielded a team of non-HG players, meaning they could have had only 7 on the bench tops (obv different now with 9 subs)

It's just for the 25 man squad.
You can name who you want from those 25 (+youth) in your match day squad.

The important thing is who our 17 nonHG players are, you then have 8 spaces to fill on top with HG, obviously if you can fill that 8 with quality players all the better.

Vicario
Romero
VdV
Sanchez?
Udogie
Perisic?
Royal
Porro
Bissouma
Bentancur
GLC
Hojbjerg?
Kulusevski
Son
Richarlson

That's 15 not counting the obvious sales and including 3 potential sales

Solomun & Sarr presumably under the age limit so not a concern

Am i missing anyone? Feels like i might be
Mbappe

3 thoughts on the Kane thing and Spurs not winning trophies during his time with us, for what they’re worth:

(1) It has become a lot harder to win trophies in England. If you look at our finals since the League Cup win in ‘08: Chelsea, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project. Now look at the 5 finals before that: Blackburn, Leicester, Nottm Forest, Coventry, Anderlecht. “Superclubs” with huge resources are now taking every trophy incredibly seriously.

(2) It is a ridiculous narrative, mainly advanced by Man U former players who were lucky enough to play under Ferguson, that football is essentially meaningless if you don’t win trophies. Utter nonsense. I’m from Ireland and any fan of Ireland will tell you the years from 1988-94 were our absolute golden years with some great players and lots of brilliant memories created under Big Jack. We never came close to a trophy though. And when I think back on the Kane years here, I won’t be thinking about the League Cup Finals we didn’t win, but rather the brilliant performances week in, week out under Poch, the magic goals against Arsenal and Chelsea and City, the incredible ‘16-‘17 season when we won 17 of 19 (and drew the other two) in our last year at White Hart Lane, the run to the Champions League Final. Don’t let idiot journos or ex players from other clubs diminish those memories in the slightest.

(3) Harry Kane has been a model pro and a great footballer, the best I’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt, a brilliant no. 9 and no. 10 rolled into one. A true great. Good luck to him now at Bayern, I hope he wins the lot. In the meantime, we have an exciting new manager and players to support. COYS!

No disrespect but you're from Ireland of course you don't expect your national team to win anything. It would be like a Rotherham Town fan expecting his side to win the FA Cup; possible but highly, highly unlikely.

Saying that though, the purpose of playing and particularly scoring all those goals is to win games and the purpose of winning games is to finish as high up in the competition you're playing in and ultimately to win it. That's literally the point. Kane hasn't been scoring all these goals for us due to personal vanity. He wanted to score to win games and he wanted to win competitions.

Tottenham are not Ireland, we are more akin to a 2nd tier international side a la Portugal, Croatia, Uruguay etc. Winning is possible with the right planning and strategy.

Sadly this didn't quite happen while we had Kane but all is not lost. We still have some good players and hopefully a coach who is able to maximise their potential. Some of our players are going to step out of Kane's shadow as now they will have to stand up and be counted.

We might still do a Portugal 2016! [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The important thing is who our 17 nonHG players are, you then have 8 spaces to fill on top with HG, obviously if you can fill that 8 with quality players all the better.

Vicario
Romero
VdV
Sanchez?
Udogie
Perisic?
Royal
Porro
Bissouma
Bentancur
GLC
Hojbjerg?
Kulusevski
Son
Richarlson

That's 15 not counting the obvious sales and including 3 potential sales

Solomun & Sarr presumably under the age limit so not a concern

Am i missing anyone? Feels like i might be

Solomon will need to be included into the 25 man squad, he isn't that young (24?)
But you can swap him and Udogie (20) around.

But then bemoaned the club not making a statement, despite it making a statement, via it's public face and manager. It seems like you are just looking for a stick to bash Levy with

I have been one of if not the most balanced person with Levy on here so thats certainly not the case. I also don't see Levy as the whole club and think we have others at the club who can do the work, so when I say the clubs not made a statement (they have now) I don't mean it has to be Levy, I mean there is a PR department. I also don't think its down to the manager to cover off all the subjects, thats vastly unfair on him for that to the case now or moving forward. My point was that as the wider world was seeing Kane travel abroad it might have been a decent touch from the club to acknowledge the fans who are seeing their hero leave the club but just releasing a couple of lines to cover off the status quo. Anyway it doesn't matter anymore

Some on twitter suggesting we retire the no 10 shirt.
Considering some of the icons that have worn it it maybe fitting, but wouldn't seem like a proper spurs team without a no 10 on the pitch.

Could keep the No 10 shirt on ice until he retires from playing; free for him to return whenever he wishes.

Absolutely this and this again.....we have to move on, we have to break the Kane monkey off our backs and we have to try and push on.

I think thats more important than anything, including going OTT about retiring shirts

Back