• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

So Jimmy Greaves is now less of a player, or less of a Spurs legend, because Kane has broken his record for Spurs? OK.
In 15 years time Jimmy Greaves will not be spoken of in the same terms as he is now. As the memory of his playing career fades even more and he's no longer the record holder younger fans will not even know who he is because when they look at the record books they will see the name Harry Kane rather than Greaves.

Put it this way, who was the all time Spurs top scorer before Greaves? Do you know?

If however Greaves had won the league in say 67, that statement of history would never change. His name would be etched into history forever.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

So if pool had scored an own goal, and Sissoko had a shot off his bum go in to give us a win in the CL final, you would classify Kane as "a great" player? As it is you don't think he is. Okay then. If that is your belief, fair enough!

The original point was that being the top scoring PL player is a more impressive achievement than winning something with Bayern. Which it surely would be. Shearer wouldn't suddenly be erased from history! Kane would simple be added to a truely elite few of the very very best goalscorers in history.

I already think Kane is a great player. He however is not in the pantheon of elites because he has never won anything. The point of the game is to win, and if you don't do that you're not on the list.

Who was the all time PL top scorer before Shearer? Do you know? You don't add players to the list, you replace the name at the top with the new name. If Kane latterly gets outscored his name will be gone.

Scoring tons of goals is cool but you score goals to win games and you win games to win competitions. That is literally the point. Kane isn't scoring goals for personal glory, he scores because that's his function in the team and the function of the team is to win.

If you don't win then all those goals are irrelevant.

Bayern insist? Does he not realise that they have to meet the asking price, there's no insisting?
Don't you realise it's Bayern and every far less superior club has to do what they ask/want
If Kane was playing for a German club he would have been sold for £60m tops

I already think Kane is a great player. He however is not in the pantheon of elites because he has never won anything. The point of the game is to win, and if you don't do that you're not on the list.

Who was the all time PL top scorer before Shearer? Do you know? You don't add players to the list, you replace the name at the top with the new name. If Kane latterly gets outscored his name will be gone.

Scoring tons of goals is cool but you score goals to win games and you win games to win competitions. That is literally the point. Kane isn't scoring goals for personal glory, he scores because that's his function in the team and the function of the team is to win.

Rubbish. Greaves name is still there. The list just emphasises the reality of them being one of the very best that has scored goals in this league. Shearer won’t suddenly be erased if Kane surpasses him, what nonsense.

No one is saying winning trophies is not the purpose of football. The point was it is a harder achievement being all time top goal scorer than winning a trophy with Bayern - and I think that’s obvious isn’t it?

Reactions: DTA

This article is nearly all filler but the gist of it is true. How long are we going to pi ss about without knowing if our main striker and talisman is going to be here at the start of the season or if the new coach should be making other plans?

As I type that, I realise it’s a stupid question because of how many times we’ve done exactly that before.

But this time more than ever we should set a deadline. If they don’t meet the valuation by such and such a date, sorry Harry, you can’t go.

This article is nearly all filler but the gist of it is true. How long are we going to pi ss about without knowing if our main striker and talisman is going to be here at the start of the season or if the new coach should be making other plans?

As I type that, I realise it’s a stupid question because of how many times we’ve done exactly that before.

But this time more than ever we should set a deadline. If they don’t meet the valuation by such and such a date, sorry Harry, you can’t go.
If only it was that black and white. Bayern have to come in with a proper bid first. If we set a deadline and they come in a day later with a really good bid are you willing to lose Harry next year for nothing for the sake of one day?

it was probably always Shearer wasn’t it, well other than Brian Deane on day 1.

I don’t think we are tinkling about, we want to keep him, but no reason to panic as if he does go we have Son and Richi, who are both really fudging good.

The club cant make Bayern bid the right price (whatever that may be) or make Kane sign a contract
The club also knows Kane won’t sign so the money is key

Are we now at the point where we think Levy should accept bids just to move things along? There are millions at stake here - these things take time. And you can only impose a deadline like that if you're willing to allow Harry to walk away for nothing next season. I don't think the club is willing to let that happen.

I think the club definitely are 'happy' (or accepting) with that outcome. Its been reported numerous times. We'll hope to get him to sign but accept the consequences if he doesnt

Wasn't it reported, for what it's worth, that Lewis wasn't happy for Kane to walk - that the consequence of him not signing a deal would be that he'd be sold?

Haven't seen it reported that we're happy to keep him and let him walk for free albeit I haven't been reading much in the way of media coverage of the saga.

I think the club definitely are 'happy' (or accepting) with that outcome. Its been reported numerous times. We'll hope to get him to sign but accept the consequences if he doesnt
They are probably willing to accept that outcome if a proper bid doesn't come in, but if one does they'd also probably be happy to take the money and reinvest.

Back