• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Are we? If we sell hojbjerg, ndombele, sanchez and reguillon we will have money to get a cb at least.

I'd love if we sold all of them, plus more Lloris, Tanganga etc, Bought in 2 new CBs and ended up keeping Kane and sticking 2 fingers up to them lol

What are the media going to do if he does go, lots of space to fill and all those poor old pros who you had forgot even played will miss their beer money for their "quotes"

Comrade Neville has been quiet this summer and on this topic specifically. I guess there's been all the strikes which he's probably out protesting at

Not really. Doubt napoli would accept that. If they did could see byern going for him instead.

Sky said Napoli want £128m...so pretty likely they'd find agreement

Apparently they're offering him £1m per week in wages

Sad if someone in his prime like that wastes some of his career over there

There are some really odd takes in this thread.

Why do you score goals? To win games.

Why do you want to win games? To win competitions.

Harry isn't just scoring goals for the sake of it. He's doing it to win matches, to win competitions to achieve something memorable to put his name down on the ledger of winners, that can never be taken away or discredited.

A goal scoring record can be beaten. Kane could potentially beat Shearer's PL record and then have someone come along and do the very same thing to him. At that point he has nothing, not even noted in the record books.

A trophy, a title, a real win can never be erased. Kane knows that, I think you know that too, is his your coping method?

Maybe if he had won something he'd be remembered just like the other greats of the game are.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
There are some really odd takes in this thread.

Why do you score goals? To win games.

Why do you want to win games? To win competitions.

Harry isn't just scoring goals for the sake of it. He's doing it to win matches, to win competitions to achieve something memorable to put his name down on the ledger of winners, that can never be taken away or discredited.

A goal scoring record can be beaten. Kane could potentially beat Shearer's PL record and then have someone come along and do the very same thing to him. At that point he has nothing, not even noted in the record books.

A trophy, a title, a real win can never be erased. Kane knows that, I think you know that too, is his your coping method?

Maybe if he had won something he'd be remembered just like the other greats of the game are.

So if pool had scored an own goal, and Sissoko had a shot off his bum go in to give us a win in the CL final, you would classify Kane as "a great" player? As it is you don't think he is. Okay then. If that is your belief, fair enough!

The original point was that being the top scoring PL player is a more impressive achievement than winning something with Bayern. Which it surely would be. Shearer wouldn't suddenly be erased from history! Kane would simple be added to a truely elite few of the very very best goalscorers in history.

Last edited:
ng it to win matches, to win competitions to achieve something memorable to put his name down on the ledger of winners, that can never be taken away or discredited.

So Jimmy Greaves is now less of a player, or less of a Spurs legend, because Kane has broken his record for Spurs? OK.

Sky said Napoli want £128m...so pretty likely they'd find agreement

Apparently they're offering him £1m per week in wages

Sad if someone in his prime like that wastes some of his career over there
But he can do 3 years there and earn £150m
Then leave

Kane is an elite player, it has been his misfortune to not play with an elite team.
If he and his brother had handled it better two years ago he could have been at city.

I like the idea now
Of selling Kane and buying the tow new Cbs and hopefully enough for someone like Gift Or an who really could be anything

watching a Nicolas Jackson pre season at Chelsea he does look exactly like the kind of player we would need through the middle

I like the idea now
Of selling Kane and buying the tow new Cbs and hopefully enough for someone like Gift Or an who really could be anything

watching a Nicolas Jackson pre season at Chelsea he does look exactly like the kind of player we would need through the middle

We shouldn’t need to sell Kane to buy centre backs. We’ve spent about £47m this summer excluding the Kulusevski and Pedro Porro deals which were all but agreed and paid off ahead of this window. The fee for Pedro Porro should come from the budget for the January window as that’s when we signed him but just deferred payment. And we must have known ahead of time that we would finalise the deal for Kulusevski so that was set and even if not that still only leaves our net spend at approx £67m.

We were the most profitable club in the World up until recently. I fail to believe that we can’t spend more than £67m.

We should buy the centre backs regardless.

We shouldn’t need to sell Kane to buy centre backs. We’ve spent about £47m this summer excluding the Kulusevski and Pedro Porro deals which were all but agreed and paid off ahead of this window. The fee for Pedro Porro should come from the budget for the January window as that’s when we signed him but just deferred payment. And we must have known ahead of time that we would finalise the deal for Kulusevski so that was set and even if not that still only leaves our net spend at approx £67m.

We were the most profitable club in the World up until recently. I fail to believe that we can’t spend more than £67m.

We should buy the centre backs regardless.

We don't pay transfers in a lump sum. We had around £250m worth of transfer debt according to the last financials. Trying to work out what our transfer budget is, is just going to be wild guesses. We don't know what payments were due or what installments were agreed for the likes of vicario or maddisons payments.

I like the idea now

what took you so long :)
it was the only way

Back