• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Yes indeed, all too familiar. A shame he has stooped. If a figure of 100 mill was quoted, unfortunately for him, City being quoted 100 mill for Grealish has fudged him.

No way that Levy/Kane had a £100M figure conversation, his transfer market value is £120M (it was £150M last summer), Grealish as reference is £65M.

City is playing Kane here. This is completely not their style, they don't haggle, they don't low ball, they don't drag on transfers.

They are being completely opportunistic here, i.e. "hey, if we can get one of the top strikers in the world for 60% of their value, sure, but we not doing any more than that."

Whack in Laporte or Silva and I think thats a good deal.

I wonder what Laporte's wages are, and if he'd consider the swap. He wasn't playing all the games for them was he? Would like to see Romero and Laporte I think they form a strong partnership. Laporte has the height and more experience, Romero the tenacity and drive.

More worryingly, this really screws up the start of our season. We only have Son as a striker and an inexperienced 17yr old talent in Scarlett!! We don't have the money to replace Kane unless we sell him and this isn't going to be settled one way or the other in the next 2 weeks!

I think Kane needs a longer rest. So his logic is he may as well push the envelope now and see what happens. If City don't deliver a bid and take Grealish say, maybe Kane will agree a new contract with a release clause.

He knows he's leaving and wants to force the move. Spurs fans will be fine with it in a couple years if we get the right price

Of course, but 'something' will have been lost in how he's remembered. He's a goal-scoring legend and that won't change, but he'll carry a bit of tarnish.
But ultimately all that matters is THFC. Once he has gone, we move on as best we can. No player is bigger than the club etc. etc. It's just a shame if it has to end acrimoniously.

Of course, but 'something' will have been lost in how he's remembered. He's a goal-scoring legend and that won't change, but he'll carry a bit of tarnish.
But ultimately all that matters is THFC. Once he has gone, we move on as best we can. No player is bigger than the club etc. etc. It's just a shame if it has to end acrimoniously.

I know what you mean. But its just posturing. No avenues forward have been closed. Kane hasn't publicly come out yet. He can still get back on board at Spurs. He is creating leverage the only way he can. No bother. Of all clubs, we're far more experience with this scenario.

More worryingly, this really screws up the start of our season. We only have Son as a striker and an inexperienced 17yr old talent in Scarlett!! We don't have the money to replace Kane unless we sell him and this isn't going to be settled one way or the other in the next 2 weeks!

Kane wasnt going to be fit for the first 2-3 games anyway

I know what you mean. But its just posturing. No avenues forward have been closed. Kane hasn't publicly come out yet. He can still get back on board at Spurs. He is creating leverage the only way he can. No bother. Of all clubs, we're far more experience with this scenario.

His interview with Neville was pretty public, although granted he didn't explicitly say he wanted out (and I was happy to believe it wasn't definitely the case).

I think both are realistic if told they will play every week.

I dont know if they are realistic to be honest, why would either player want to come to Spurs when they are playing for a club that actually has ambitions of winning things? At best we would be looking at fringe players or has-beens that would be happy to pick up wages. I also think the players motivation at Spurs would not be so high vs players from their academy with a point to prove.

Don't forget this is the silly season. The media, twitter, Ferdenand etc all f.ing bored and ecstatic to have this story to indulge in. Kane was late back last pre-season, but the media will blow this up, and maybe make it harder to resolve. WIth Nuno new, hopefully someone like Ledly or another can keep communication open with Kane and keep a cool head.

Don't forget this is the silly season. The media, twitter, Ferdenand etc all f.ing bored and ecstatic to have this story to indulge in. Kane was late back last pre-season, but the media will blow this up, and maybe make it harder to resolve. WIth Nuno new, hopefully someone like Ledly or another can keep communication open with Kane and keep a cool head.

Well Lloris should be in touch with him at least as club captain.

I'm glad we have Levy in charge for this one, completely within his and the clubs rights to say you can leave but City have to pay the fee for him otherwise you stay.

I think Levy is generally OK to let players leave providing the fee is right, Carrick left, Walker left, Bale left, Modric he just wouldn't sell to Chelsea but obviously told him he could leave next summer as he had his best season ever for us after that but they were all good fees. The one that irks is probably Berbatov but even then he kept him for an extra season - was rumoured to want out the summer before but Levy said something in the final games programme that no key players would be leaving.

Kane's acting badly and his brother and whoever else is behind the scenes are giving terrible advice as well.

I dont know if they are realistic to be honest, why would either player want to come to Spurs when they are playing for a club that actually has ambitions of winning things? At best we would be looking at fringe players or has-beens that would be happy to pick up wages. I also think the players motivation at Spurs would not be so high vs players from their academy with a point to prove.

Spot on. I have no interest in any City players as part of this deal. Give us the cash or fudge off.

I'm glad we have Levy in charge for this one, completely within his and the clubs rights to say you can leave but City have to pay the fee for him otherwise you stay.

I think Levy is generally OK to let players leave providing the fee is right, Carrick left, Walker left, Bale left, Modric he just wouldn't sell to Chelsea but obviously told him he could leave next summer as he had his best season ever for us after that but they were all good fees. The one that irks is probably Berbatov but even then he kept him for an extra season - was rumoured to want out the summer before but Levy said something in the final games programme that no key players would be leaving.

Kane's acting badly and his brother and whoever else is behind the scenes are giving terrible advice as well.

We have sold one player in the last 8 years that was we likely wanted to keep (Walker), most that people refer to i.e. Berbs/Modric/Bale, etc were 8-13 years ago. The club that sold Berbatov is not the club today.

I do agree having Levy on our side is nothing but a good thing in this scenario.

This is simple math problem now, are City willing to get to a reasonable figure, are they really interested (they could close the deal tomorrow if they really "wanted" Kane)

Back