• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I believe he got MOTM on Sky?

If so, can anyone explain it to me. I thought he was well below his best today. Lots of flicks went nowhere, his killer passes got intercepted more often than not. Of the starting eleven, Davies, Romero, Bentancur, Son and Kulusevski had better games than him.

It’s great we could win 5-1 with Kane not near his best and he wasn’t terrible by any means.
I just can’t understand anyone who knows anything about football giving him MOTM today.

If so, can anyone explain it to me. I thought he was well below his best today. Lots of flicks went nowhere, his killer passes got intercepted more often than not. Of the starting eleven, Davies, Romero, Bentancur, Son and Kulusevski had better games than him.

It’s great we could win 5-1 with Kane not near his best and he wasn’t terrible by any means.
I just can’t understand anyone who knows anything about football giving him MOTM today.

Romero was my motm. Maybe english hype? Or then they can do stories of transfers to utd in the summer?

He played well second half though.

Because some of his passing was unfudging believable. The players you mentioned were more consistent throughout the game than Kane, but they didn't reach the heights Kane did in the second half. Without his passing and control of the game it was never a 5-1 game.

The introductions of Kulu and Bentancur have lifted whatever shackles Kane had before. He looks free and happy doing his Kane thing. So nice to see.
It's having two players on his wavelength regularly in the starting 11. Yes he's still very important for us creatively but the weight isn't so heavy. He has Bentancur who is sees things and starts the moves early and Kulu is more than happy to play those short cutting through balls as well.

Their addition hasn't taken away from his evolution as a player, it has enchanced it.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I obviously missed something because I didn't think he was anywhere near his best yesterday. Will need to watch it back because most other people are raving about his performance. I was more encouraged by Sonny who, after a very ropey spell, looks to be coming back into form.
Second half Kane was the catalyst for us being much better, some of his long passes were as they normally are top class. Do agree it wasn’t his best performance, but that just demonstrates the level he is at…..

Or every 3 times he had the ball, he gave it away once - a 66% passing accuracy rate. I know he’s an attacker so will try riskier passes but I thought some of his play wasn’t great. Wonder if the above also includes a couple of flicks that didn’t come off.

As others have said, his standard is exceptionally high and I do believe he is the best all round player in the league. When he’s on it, he’s an absolute joy to watch because he’s almost what the lovechild of Hoddle and Greaves would be. But I maintain that yesterday he wasn’t at his best.

He was excellent imo. I would have others ahead of him, particularly Romero, but it's close imo and fair enough to give it to him.

None of our big chances came his way, him not scoring shouldn't take away from his performance.

Got away from opponents fairly often and with ease. Fantastic passing. Was an integral part to a lot of the good things we did.

Wasn't good best performance, but definitely up there compared to the rest. His top level is just beyond what just about anyone can do. Compared to that he didn't have the best game. Compared to the other players on the pitch he was still up there, even with others being closer to their highest level.

He was excellent imo. I would have others ahead of him, particularly Romero, but it's close imo and fair enough to give it to him.

None of our big chances came his way, him not scoring shouldn't take away from his performance.

Got away from opponents fairly often and with ease. Fantastic passing. Was an integral part to a lot of the good things we did.

Wasn't good best performance, but definitely up there compared to the rest. His top level is just beyond what just about anyone can do. Compared to that he didn't have the best game. Compared to the other players on the pitch he was still up there, even with others being closer to their highest level.
If you watched him closely first half you could not fail to notice that he conceded possession practically every time he got the ball. Even in the second half, with Saudi Sportswashing Machine beginnining to tire and spaces opening up, the majority of his long range passes were intercepted. That said, he did also produce a couple of absolute pearlers, and I suppose there's an argument that he became the fulcrum of our attacks. But over the match as a whole I'd still rate all of the following ahead of him
  • Romero: a buccaneering performance with so many critical interceptions
  • Kulu: provided most of our threat down the right and produced a gem of an assist for Son
  • Davies: an excellent headed goal in surely one of his best ever performances in a Spurs shirt
  • Son: in addition to his goal and assist ran his socks off all game
Doherty, Dier and Bentancur were also key in ensuring such an emphatic victory.

The whole team played well, but as some have said i find it hard to believe that Kane was better then some of the others.
Romero, Bentancur for two.

I'd probably go Romero because he was brilliant all game. Bentancur was brilliant when we needed him to be. He's a joy to watch. Sherwood says he goes backwards and sideways. Well Tim, watch him. When he does, he always has a look ahead of him first to see if something is on and if it is, he tries that. If not, he goes backwards or sideways and then shows for the return pass. Which is exactly what you want a midfielder doing. His movement is so fudging good. Always showing for the ball and creating angles for passes. The likes of Modric and Dembele were wonderful to watch over the last 15 years. It's early days but this boy could be in that bracket.

I'd probably go Romero because he was brilliant all game. Bentancur was brilliant when we needed him to be. He's a joy to watch. Sherwood says he goes backwards and sideways. Well Tim, watch him. When he does, he always has a look ahead of him first to see if something is on and if it is, he tries that. If not, he goes backwards or sideways and then shows for the return pass. Which is exactly what you want a midfielder doing. His movement is so fudging good. Always showing for the ball and creating angles for passes. The likes of Modric and Dembele were wonderful to watch over the last 15 years. It's early days but this boy could be in that bracket.

Yep, its always a sign of a good player when he can see the next couple of options in his mind before he has to judge ( or recieve the ball) which is the best one to take. From what he has shown us so far is he can do just that.

If Kane carries on the rest of the season like he has the past couple of months and Spurs finish top four, would you consider Kane in PL Player of the Year assessments?

Salah was running off with it early on - 10 goals in his first nine games - but just look at the stats now. He's cooled off considerably since Kane scored his second of the season in that 2-2 draw in December. If that form doesn't pick up and he doesn't help fire Liverpool to the league or CL titles, you could see him being thought of as a bit of a let down.

Whereas, Kane got off to a dreadful start - understandable with transfer-manager issues - but under Conte has revived himself. Statistically, he might not match Salah's goal tally but he's closing. He's unquestionably played a huge role to drag Spurs up the table to what could well be a remarkable finish, one of the great stories of the season and, with Antonio, 'the beginning of a beautiful friendship'.

Back