• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think your point is valid but usually Jota rotates with Firminio (origi is hardly ever seen,) and Chelsea only bought Lukaku as Werner is brick (which still is the case). So we could say we have Son and Kane, and a neutral would say we look good with that?
Origi is out of contract in the summer. He could be a viable backup option for us.

No, we don't want Origi. Nor Wellbeck. Nor Minamino. Nor Xerdan Shaqiri. We need a genuine talent that can push to start in front of, or alongside, or to replace a departing, Kane.

We've wasted £40m and £40m and £40m and £40m and £40m and £40m over the last few years, we need to just pool the cash and get a genuine talent.

No, we don't want Origi. Nor Wellbeck. Nor Minamino. Nor Xerdan Shaqiri. We need a genuine talent that can push to start in front of, or alongside, or to replace a departing, Kane.

We've wasted £40m and £40m and £40m and £40m and £40m and £40m over the last few years, we need to just pool the cash and get a genuine talent.
Got to attract them first

Got to attract them first
Players are stupid and chase the money. We are so, so lucky that Spurs play in the league with the big wages.

YES we would struggle to compete on wages with certain teams, but there are so, so, so many players in this world that would love to come and play for Spurs in the PL and earn decent money.

If there were only 70 good players in the world, we would be screwed, but there are 300 and we just have to find them and utilise them properly.

That means spending decent money, something else we don’t seem to want to do (I.e. not going in for Danny Ings or Dakka in the summer). I’m thinking that the club don’t want to spend money hence the suggestion of a free transfer.

The difference is Jota is not their starting option in another position, Son is ours. If we are forced to play him as a striker we weaken LWF where we do not not have an adequate replacement.

It's a nonsense comparison. They have backup options, we don't wisely don't. [emoji58]

Completely with you here, and I made a similar point on here recently.

People also forget when we used to use Son up top, we had Dele (scoring version), Eriksen and Lamela in the squad to fill the gaps in AM. We simply don’t have that now.

The squad has just been left so so thin.

I take it you haven't watched our Euro Conference games?!?

Equally, have you not watched Kane in our PL games? Either he’s carrying an injury, he has something on his mind, or he doesn’t want to be here anymore. Whichever it is, he’s not playing as the Kane of old and honestly, if he continues as he is, I don’t want him to be as guaranteed a starter as he evidently is. We can’t afford to carry him, even if he and his performances have carried the team in the past.

I take it you haven't watched our Euro Conference games?!?
I haven't but have you watched Kane in the league? He adds nothing and was responsible for the West Ham goal. Is Scarlett worse? If he is then we know and can quickly get rid of him instead of hanging on and hoping like we usually do.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

I think people on here are losing their minds over Kane, he has had chances and gone close in all the games, it’s not like he is trying to sabotage us and himself in the process.

even in the West Ham game probably his worst of the season, if that header was a couple of inches either side of the keeper that’s in, and if son passed to Kane instead of trying a difficult shot from a tight angle with a bobbling ball then it would have been a tap in for Kane, and he would have scored 2 goals.

the narrative would then be completely different.

people who are talking about dropping him for Scarlet need to pull themselves together quite frankly

Equally, have you not watched Kane in our PL games? Either he’s carrying an injury, he has something on his mind, or he doesn’t want to be here anymore. Whichever it is, he’s not playing as the Kane of old and honestly, if he continues as he is, I don’t want him to be as guaranteed a starter as he evidently is. We can’t afford to carry him, even if he and his performances have carried the team in the past.
I have watched all of our games.... A half arsed Harry Kane is still significantly better than 17 year old, clearly not ready, Dane Scarlett.

I think we all know that Harry Kane doesn't want to be here anymore (he made that perfectly clear in the summer). The problem is that he has to start as we do not have anything like a reasonably adequate backup. Which is why it is so weird that we didn't make an effort to bring in a striker in the summer (Ings, Dakka, Eduoard all went to teams that aren't really considered bigger than us for fees that weren't particularly large).

Last edited:
Back