• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If we play with 3 midfielders who dont push forwards then no, we won't.

Kane, Son and Moura can get plenty of goals. Or go 4-2-3-1 with Dele as the no 10 and have another goalscorer

Similar to you, I think we'd get a better return going back to basics - square pegs in square holes etc. Moura and Son wide. Dele off Kane. 4231. Dele might not be Eriksen but you'd get more box runs off him and some slide balls to Son and Kane.

Skipp and Hjojberg holding (or rotate in Ndom/GLC if we feel confident). Ndom can also rotate with Dele.

A big problem is we have 2 players (Ndom/GLC) who up until now have been neither here nor there. Don't really shield and don't really create.

To play a proper 433 with 3 non scoring midfielders you need 3 goalscorers up top.

I can understand Kane getting pelters today as his effort levels could do with a lift - but its the manager that controls his position on the pitch. I'm sure he didn't really fancy playing LM yesterday, I reckon Alonso had a higher heat map.

Did he get any service today? Plus he was played out on the left and not in his proper position.
I've not once said that he has played well, but for 90% of the time we've played with 3 defensive midfielders or with 2 midfielders and Dele, which might as well call 2 defensive mids and an empty space.

If we play with a proper midfield that can get the ball to him and he still doesn't do the business then you have a point. Or can you point out all these times he has got decent passes in good positions? No, I didn't think so...
You don't need 'service' to look like you actually give a fudge. He's been a pedestrian in all the games he's played. It's there for everyone to see that he isn't giving 100%, and he's not even pretending to do it.

We’re now seeing the reason why the manager and DoF wanted to cash in on Kane and use the funds to help with our rebuild. Whenever a player wants out of a club their performances tend to suffer. The chairman needs to let the people at the club who actually know about football do their jobs without interfering.

No the reason he did not go is that no one offered the price. I know you are always looking for a chance to have a dig at Levy ( its what you do) but that one is stetching your bias to the limit.

Dele can’t pass well enough to play 10
It’s that eriksen shape hole we need to fill
Lo Celso plays there for Argentina

And if we can ever keep the guy fit he is the only one who can play that posistion ( imo), misses too many games and i would hope this season he can have a run in that posistion.

Dele can’t pass well enough to play 10
It’s that eriksen shape hole we need to fill
Lo Celso plays there for Argentina

Does he play in that area of the pitch or that role? I haven't seen anything from Lo Celso to suggest he is a creative player or capable of playing the no.10 playmaking role for us

Does he play in that area of the pitch or that role? I haven't seen anything from Lo Celso to suggest he is a creative player or capable of playing the no.10 playmaking role for us
Yep he plays there for Argentina
Hence why he gets assists and key passes
He plays really well for them
He also played there at Betis

He didn't play there for Betis from what i saw and read, he was more of an 8 iirc
Nah
He played that creative 10 role
I saw them play about 10 games that season and he was pulling the strings whilst getting goals and assists
He was involved in about 17 goals IIRC
Exactly what we’re missing

Nah
He played that creative 10 role
I saw them play about 10 games that season and he was pulling the strings whilst getting goals and assists
He was involved in about 17 goals IIRC
Exactly what we’re missing

That doesn’t tie in with what i saw/read which was 343 with Lo Celso in the middle 2

Like i say i disagree. He got 4 assists in his last season with them so not particularly a sign of a creative no.10 either if he was indeed playing that role anyway (which i don't believe he was) he was more someone who moved the ball in to the final third (deep progressions i think stats geeks call this?) And got on to the end chances having made forward runs from deep

Like i say i disagree. He got 4 assists in his last season with them so not particularly a sign of a creative no.10 either if he was indeed playing that role anyway (which i don't believe he was)
He got 16 goals and 6 assists in his last season there
He also plays that role for Argentina in front of parades and Paul
Well he did in the summer when they won the cup and also in the World Cup qualifiers I’ve seen

I don't watch Argentina so not commenting on how he plays for them just how he played for Betis - i also only tend to look a league stats rather than include cups as the standard varies too much.

Same.... He is slow, not great physically, is one footed, has an OK touch with that one foot but nothing special, doesn't seem to have brilliant vision, is an OK dribbler but nothing special. I'm not sure there is loads to work with there and we certainly shouldn't be expecting him to be our saviour (and that's before considering his his injury record). I'd be tempted to sell him back to Spain while they still might remember that he was decent over there in that slower paced, far less physical league.

Back