• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

fudge giving him another contract at more money, he gladly signed the last contract and if he was not happy with it he should not have signed it. I have never been a supporter who has put a lot of meaning into the " one of our own" flimflam, they are there doing a job and at the end of the day the vast majority of players will move if they believe it would make them winners/richer.

In my time as a fan there have only been a few players who deserve the title " one of our own" Perryman, Mabbutt and one or two more at best. Kane has shown by his actions that he is not in that group ( imo ).

I think The Athletic have assumed he was fined 2 weeks wages. I don't think he was fined as we would've seen an announcement from the club instead of the absolute nothing that went out from them. I think Harry was given extra time off because the club expected Emirates Marketing Project to bid a decent amount for him and for the player to be owned by Emirates Marketing Project now).

Why would The Athletic assume it? It is mentioned a couple of times in JPB’s piece, not as a throw away comment but as a fact.

I think he was fined, and I think the club just didn’t want to give more oxygen to the story.

fudge giving him another contract at more money, he gladly signed the last contract and if he was not happy with it he should not have signed it. I have never been a supporter who has put a lot of meaning into the " one of our own" flimflam, they are there doing a job and at the end of the day the vast majority of players will move if they believe it would make them winners/richer.

In my time as a fan there have only been a few players who deserve the title " one of our own" Perryman, Mabbutt and one or two more at best. Kane has shown by his actions that he is not in that group ( imo ).
It's not just about giving him more money, it would also mean a longer contract so we will still be able to demand a big transfer fee next year.
With two years left on his contract we wouldn't be in such a strong position next year.

It's not just about giving him more money, it would also mean a longer contract so we will still be able to demand a big transfer fee next year.
With two years left on his contract we wouldn't be in such a strong position next year.

Well if its not about money ( we both know it would be though) offer him a longer contract and see what he says about that. IMO his actions have been shocking and i see no reason why we should reward him for it at all and giving him more money would be doing just that IMO.

Last edited:
It makes the situation crystal clear for all involved for one. No summer long whispers of players being offered in part exchange

There could also be an upside to us depending on what the clause is set at

this, a clause with a specific timeline (e.g. first three weeks of this window), takes the unsettling out of the equation. It also helps idiots (Charlie) with their conversations with other clubs, i.e. are you willing to pay this price? no, ok, no deal.

Well if its not about money ( we both know it would be though) offer him a longer contract and see what he says about that. IMO his actions have been shocking and i see no reason why we should reward him for it at all and giving him more money would be doing just that IMO.
It's about getting more money on his side and it's about protecting our investment on our side i.e. a longer contract.
Both parties need to get something they want before a new contract is going to be signed. If not then he'll end up running
down his contract and going for less money.

Its all about winning football matches. In a way some disunity can help hone the hunger. It is not really about togetherness, it is about winning. And doing whatever it takes to win. On that score Kane is onboard and everyone should fall-in with this approach.

Agree with all of that. Although we stand much less chance of winning football matches with Kane taking free kicks :D his last goal from a FK was about 7 years ago and it took a massive deflection. Either he’s incredible at FK’s in training or no one has the balls to try and take the ball off him.

Someone on here crunched the numbers a while ago and Kane is statistically at his most prolific when returning from injury

It's quite possible he returns from injury fresher. A lot of players get injuries when tired, so I wonder if this is an issue for Kane, who plays most of most games.

It's about getting more money on his side and it's about protecting our investment on our side i.e. a longer contract.
Both parties need to get something they want before a new contract is going to be signed. If not then he'll end up running
down his contract and going for less money.

...and you also want your star player to be as motivated as possible whilst they're at the club. Its win:win

Why would the club say anything (they never have at any moment in this transfer which has played out brilliantly from a PR perspective)?

The club is going to act like nothing ever happened (externally), that Kane was always with us, blah, blah.

Again (to be clear), I certainly don't know, but I don't see a scenario where they would have publicized his fine making sense.

p.s. Same article basically said the Club hasn't talked to City since June, so not likely they were expecting to sell.
I think the deals we were setting up for expensive players earlier in the window that clearly went cold later in the window showed that we were very much expecting a large budget this summer. We ended up with a small budget. I think there is only really one logical reason why the plan changed. We haven't talked to City because they haven't got close to bidding a reasonable price for Kane. I doubt our club expected a club as awash with dirty money as Emirates Marketing Project is to get nowhere near a suitable offer.

Last edited:

I think he'll get a new contract.

The benefit to all parties of a release clause would be with any conditions associated on when the release clause becomes active, and what its value would be. So failure to qualify for Europe could have one level of release clause, whereas it could be set much higher if CL qualification achieved or trophies won (or maybe not valid in this case). It could also only become valid based on performance from the individual - avoiding any risk of winding down the contract or not supporting the team (goals scored, time played/available for etc.)

I don't think any release clause would be a straight x amount and you can go under any circumstance.

The benefit to all parties of a release clause would be with any conditions associated on when the release clause becomes active, and what its value would be. So failure to qualify for Europe could have one level of release clause, whereas it could be set much higher if CL qualification achieved or trophies won (or maybe not valid in this case). It could also only become valid based on performance from the individual - avoiding any risk of winding down the contract or not supporting the team (goals scored, time played/available for etc.)

I don't think any release clause would be a straight x amount and you can go under any circumstance.
The clause will be whatever Levy and club decide
Kane is where he is because he has that contract. A new contract will still have favourable elements to Spurs

A new contract at 400k doesn't make sense to Levy.

Kane wants Spurs to sign up to paying him £104m in wages over the next 5 years. At the end of which he will be 34.

It makes more sense for Spurs to sit on his current deal £31.2m until the age of 32.

That way we keep him during his prime years and save ourselves £73m.

He won't be a burden at 33 earning 400k a week.

The value we save on wages is equal to any potential fee we get for selling him when he's 30,

A new contract at 400k doesn't make sense to Levy.

Kane wants Spurs to sign up to paying him £104m in wages over the next 5 years. At the end of which he will be 34.

It makes more sense for Spurs to sit on his current deal £31.2m until the age of 32.

That way we keep him during his prime years and save ourselves £73m.

He won't be a burden at 33 earning 400k a week.

The value we save on wages is equal to any potential fee we get for selling him when he's 30,
He is now on £300k a week apparently
By I do get your logic

I think a release clause will be priced differently for Prem clubs and foreign clubs

Although I'm pretty sure Kane himself, doesn't want to move abroad.

The amount of injuries he's had are always over stated.

2020-21 49 games
2019-20 34 games
2018-19 40 games
2017-18 48 games

Throw in England games and that is a lot of football played for a supposedly injury prone player with dodgy ankles. it's just the usual if people repeat it enough it will be believed and nobody bothers to fact check anything.

As a player that doesn't rely on his pace, it's more about his football intelligence and looks after himself I see him continuing well into his thirties.

It always annoyed me when the gutter press came up with sicknote for Darren Anderton, he played over 500 senior games, about 30 less than Paul Scholes, it just an other dig at one of our players by a bias press.

Back