• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Watching Harry Kane savour the ovation from the White Hart Lane crowd yesterday, the last man to leave the pitch, reminded me of a certain Welshman in his final season at the club. And it made me wonder - was February 7th 2015 finally the day Spurs fans moved on from Gareth Bale?

I'm not saying Kane is better than Bale, I'm not saying he ever will be. But we have a new hero now, a true one, a match winner who seems to be charmed on the pitch.

The "Bale money" - all £85m of it - largely remains in investments and whatever loss made on Soldado and maybe Lamela could probably be recouped on Eriksen and Chadli. Throw in Lloris and the home grown talent and I would bet the current squad has a higher value than the 2013 team including £85m Bale.

Like Bale's Tottenham we look like a secure fourth/fifth place team but have a League Cup final to boot. The signs are there that Poch is getting settled at last and maybe better is yet to come.

The stadium dream is taking shape. Investors are circling. The storm was weathered successfully by Sherwood but now we're ready to get back to The Project.

So many bright stars now....but the brightest is one of our own :)

Watching Harry Kane savour the ovation from the White Hart Lane crowd yesterday, the last man to leave the pitch, reminded me of a certain Welshman in his final season at the club. And it made me wonder - was February 7th 2015 finally the day Spurs fans moved on from Gareth Bale?

I'm not saying Kane is better than Bale, I'm not saying he ever will be. But we have a new hero now, a true one, a match winner who seems to be charmed on the pitch.

The "Bale money" - all £85m of it - largely remains in investments and whatever loss made on Soldado and maybe Lamela could probably be recouped on Eriksen and Chadli. Throw in Lloris and the home grown talent and I would bet the current squad has a higher value than the 2013 team including £85m Bale.

Like Bale's Tottenham we look like a secure fourth/fifth place team but have a League Cup final to boot. The signs are there that Poch is getting settled at last and maybe better is yet to come.

The stadium dream is taking shape. Investors are circling. The storm was weathered successfully by Sherwood but now we're ready to get back to The Project.

So many bright stars now....but the brightest is one of our own :)

It could be a pivotal day.

You need a good squad plus key players ..

Interesting that people put Poch's Spurs as the best "team" we have had in a long time, and that is true, but to be clear, Hugo, Kane, Eriksen are amazing players who probably walk in the first team of almost every team in the PL and most of Europe right now.

Right below that you have Bentaleb, Vert, Walker, Chadli who are all having very good seasons

Question is form Raziel - Lloris I think is a world class talent like Bale and Modric, who we may lose in the same manner or could suffer the same decline as Gomes. Eriksen on the other hand needs to up his consistency and influence in games, and across games.

And can Kane keep this up? Certainly there's a lot to his game, against Chelsea we had four very different goals - header, poacher, solo/screamer, team/finishing. Were any of these lucky, or all examples of what he can do consistently? Plus he has never been one of these prolific super kids so we have to see how he copes when he the goals dry up. But those many trips out on loan, and the Europa nights have provided good experience on which to build.

So if those three can keep going, and if we can keep them, it will be at least the tottenham we know and love where a couple of stars like Lineker, Gazza, Waddle, Modric, Klinsmann, make the average players perform above their level.

Oh and as I went into the club shop straight after the NLD the greeter at the door met me with "Harry Kane mugs and t-shirts are now available!"

Can you imagine how he felt walking around the pitch at the end with everybody singing his name after scoring a winning brace in the NLD

I think Chelsea under estimated Kane's clinical finishes in that match. But from now on, he will be a marked player. Other teams are going to mark him closely.

Instead of setting a very high target, Kane should set a target goal by goal. With his 2 goals against WBA, he has overcome Crooks(1982) and Adebayor(2012)'s goals of 18 goals. Kane's next targets should be :

Hoddle(1980), Defoe(2004) = 22 goals
Berbatov(2007 and 2008), Keane(2008) = 23 goals
Sheringham(1996), Defoe(2010) = 24 goals
Archibald(1981), Falco(1986) = 25 goals
Lineker(1990), Bale(2013) = 26 goals
Archibald(1984), Sheringham(1993) = 28 goals
Falco(1985), Klinsmann(1995) = 29 goals
Lineker(1992) = 35 goals
Allen(1987) = 49 goals

These are the Spurs players who have scored more than 20 goals since 1980. I think it will be almost impossible for any Spurs players to ever reach Lineker's 35 goals in 1992 or Allen's 49 goals in 1987. I think Kane can be very proud if he can reach or overcome 26 goals scored by Lineker(1990) and Bale(2013).

So, Kane has equalled Hoddle and Defoe's 22 goals. His next target should be reaching the 23 goals scored by Berbatov and Keane each. On current form, that doesn't look impossible. But Kane has to make sure he doesn't get big-headed and complacent due to all the praise he gets now.

But Kane has to make sure he doesn't get big-headed and complacent due to all the praise he gets now.
No chance that will happen, the boy is so so grounded, from what I've heard has a fantastic group of family, friends around him who wouldn't let him go all charlie big potatoes

No chance that will happen, the boy is so so grounded, from what I've heard has a fantastic group of family, friends around him who wouldn't let him go all charlie big potatoes

He is English, so that is always a possibility ! But fortunately we have a non-English coach who seems like a discplinarian. You know an English coach might let the English players spoil themselves.

Must say, Kane can consider himself very fortunate that he is our only decent striker we have now. He doesn't have to be worried about losing his place to anyone as both Soldado and Adebayor are so shyte in front of goal. Just imagine if we have another decent striker, we have to rotate them which will mean Kane not getting as much playing time as now. Not so sure if he would have scored as many goals as now if he has someone else to compete with.

Fekin hell he is really getting hyped in the media now. The attention he has garnered in recent weeks is mind-blowing. Good on the kid. And I am very confident that Poch will help keep his feet firmly on the ground.

Question is form Raziel - Lloris I think is a world class talent like Bale and Modric, who we may lose in the same manner or could suffer the same decline as Gomes. Eriksen on the other hand needs to up his consistency and influence in games, and across games.

And can Kane keep this up? Certainly there's a lot to his game, against Chelsea we had four very different goals - header, poacher, solo/screamer, team/finishing. Were any of these lucky, or all examples of what he can do consistently? Plus he has never been one of these prolific super kids so we have to see how he copes when he the goals dry up. But those many trips out on loan, and the Europa nights have provided good experience on which to build.

So if those three can keep going, and if we can keep them, it will be at least the tottenham we know and love where a couple of stars like Lineker, Gazza, Waddle, Modric, Klinsmann, make the average players perform above their level.

Lots of people myself included have been waiting for Kane because of his goalscoring record. I never watched him, but I definitely know he scores a lot, and has done for a long time. It used to be you couldnt read a youth team report without hearing about him banging one in, and that was before he went through his recent phase of physical development. I'[m not scared of him drying up massively at all.

Just won goal of the month for January for the wrong goal against Chelsea.

I was surprised they chose (only) that one from him. It was very good, but you'll see something similar every week - although not against such renowned defenders.

I was also surprised that it won. Although the fact we won, were on first (so lots of Yids_on_the_Beeb), and Harry was getting studio backing ..... maybe it was nailed on after all. Even his goal for Asteras would have won it last night.

Long may the hype continue .... and long may he live up to it !.

What makes him so good besides his brilliant work rate is that his goals are coming in a variety of forms; tap ins, long range pile drivers, penalties, headers, delicate finishes, opportunistic etc.

Has he scored with his left foot this season?

What makes him so good besides his brilliant work rate is that his goals are coming in a variety of forms; tap ins, long range pile drivers, penalties, headers, delicate finishes, opportunistic etc.

In the EL he has.

i think there was a goal early on in the EL, left foot drive from outside the area deep into the bottom corner of the net....

He really is the english Tommy Muller isn't he? Doesn't look special at first glance but seems to do everything so well. His positional sense is brilliant right now. The biggest difference between he and Ade/Soldado

Back