• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Sell him to City for £125m
Let him win the lot for City over 4 seasons then come back to us at 31 to end his career and to beat Jimmy's goal record

People here trying to cope:"we depend to much on him", that's the club's fault. Bring in 11 high value players, not just 3 or 4. We should not get rid of Kane, but bring in players close to his value. Remember we sold: Modric, Bale, Walker, even with those 3 and what we have, we would have been UCL and PL contenders easily. Stop selling value players and gamble away the money, this is not the way. History has shown us that.

People here trying to cope:"we depend to much on him", that's the club's fault. Bring in 11 high value players, not just 3 or 4. We should not get rid of Kane, but bring in players close to his value. Remember we sold: Modric, Bale, Walker, even with those 3 and what we have, we would have been UCL and PL contenders easily. Stop selling value players and gamble away the money, this is not the way. History has shown us that.

The only team that doesn't sell players is Real Madrid (i.e. players leaving by their choice)
- Barca lost Neymar
- United (under SAF at their height) lost Beckham
- PSG will likely lose Mbappe this summer
- Chelsea lost Hazard (even though in hindsight this looks brilliant)
- Pool lost Coutinho (and will likely lose one of Mane/Salah if you believe rumours)

I'd agree it's a better option to keep Kane and re-enforce the team, but players move on ..

The only team that doesn't sell players is Real Madrid (i.e. players leaving by their choice)
- Barca lost Neymar
- United (under SAF at their height) lost Beckham
- PSG will likely lose Mbappe this summer
- Chelsea lost Hazard (even though in hindsight this looks brilliant)
- Pool lost Coutinho (and will likely lose one of Mane/Salad if you believe rumours)

I'd agree it's a better option to keep Kane and re-enforce the team, but players move on ..
You have given me one example from every team, not 4. That's the difference.

I didn't realise keeping hold of players was as simple as just doing so. Presumably they'd have kept signing contracts, for reasons.
Kane is asking for high quality players to stay. We had those and we sold them. Next high quality player will ask the same, we had Kane and we sold him etc. Harry is not asking to leave because he doesn' t like the club, he wants to be surrounded by good players, which again, we had and let go. Keep Kane, get 2 CBs and a RB, extend Bale, sell dead wood. If we do that, next year we can be a just 1 huge summer transfer/year team, like Madrid once was.

Toxic Masculinity's Harry Kane

I know footballers never grow up but it's 2021?
There is nothing inherently male about leadership. I thought that the "man up" flimflam had been binned long ago.
Just because you aren't a leader doesn't mean you aren't a "real man".

Yeah, it’s men vs boys, not men vs women that he’s referring to.

I think the interview is a fascinating insight into the mind of an elite player. The mentality he has is why he has developed to a level that is too good for where Spurs are right now. We would do well to listen to it and understand it. We need more like him.

Elite players are relentless about improving and have unshakable confidence in their own ability. They are totally comfortable taking personal responsibility and not looking for people to blame. Kane fully deserves to be winning the biggest trophies.

...and one which we lack. PEH is a leader, as is Kane, but no-one else. One attraction of the link to Anderson from Lyon is that he's captained teams

He is in his hole a leader. He likes being captain.
Look that example of Lamela silly rabona cross when we were chasing the game the other week.
No player including Kane admonished him for it. Just head down thinking I wonder what I'll have for dinner tonight.

Toxic Masculinity's Harry Kane

I know footballers never grow up but it's 2021?
There is nothing inherently male about leadership. I thought that the "man up" flimflam had been binned long ago.
Just because you aren't a leader doesn't mean you aren't a "real man".

That's one of the biggest leaps in reasoning I've seen in a long time. Toxic masculinity? If the rest of the squad think like this about Harry and Jose would explain a lot.

I have heard Kane’s half time team talks on that documentary and although he may think like a leader he certainly doesn’t sound like one.

Making him captain was as big a mistake as making Lloris as Capt before him. Neither one of them are Capt material.

...and one which we lack. PEH is a leader, as is Kane, but no-one else. One attraction of the link to Anderson from Lyon is that he's captained teams

I know Dier is everyone's boot boy right now, but he is consistently the one player I see shouting, talking, directing and generally trying to get people going. He might not be most people's cup of tea, but he tries to lead and never ever hides.

Back