• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I find this fascinating, that we listened to Poch then, and used it to strengthen two positions and maintain the culture. Why did we ever stop?
You think selling Walker strengthened us? RB has been one of, if not, the weakest positions in the team ever since. I guess it’s all about opinions though.

Same thing in this instance. It hasn’t happened without his agreement.
He is a Spurs fan so it will be a massive wrench for him. So, understandable if just he wanted the chance to say goodbye. I don't believe the announcement affected our performance that much, if at all. My guess is all the players knew already he was on his way.

We lost today mainly because of Reggie's howlers, but the overall performance was not untypical of what we've been serving up for most of the season.

The way we are playing speaks of chronically poor coaching. Panic defending, wimpishness in the tackle, consistently sloppy passing.

So it's not just about bringing in new players, we need a dynamic manager to come in and drill the whole squad until they drop.

You think selling Walker strengthened us? RB has been one of, if not, the weakest positions in the team ever since. I guess it’s all about opinions though.

No, but we at least tried to use the situation to our advantage. We signed Aurier and Sanchez, and we maintained our culture. We didn’t let a player who wanted out swan around the club for another 18 months and ruin the atmosphere that was our competitive advantage.

No way he goes for £100M, Jao Felix went for £113M (yes, pre-Covid)

He's the most proven striker in world football behind Lewandowski

Lowest I see is £130M with maybe player exchange or a bunch of add on that will effectively equate to £150m+

Delap and Palmer would be good additions.

No, but we at least tried to use the situation to our advantage. We signed Aurier and Sanchez, and we maintained our culture. We didn’t let a player who wanted out swan around the club for another 18 months and ruin the atmosphere that was our competitive advantage.
Ok, that makes more sense

I don’t think it’s arrogance, it’s for similar reasons that Levy doesn’t do it either. You have to be seen to be willing to walk away from a deal, otherwise the price you get charged would just go way up. They know that everyone knows they have money, so they do what they can to stop prices inflating. Most clubs will still sell a top player and will accept their place on the food chain.

Levy does this too and it helps us, but often times we use the ‘being seen to walk away’ on a player the manager deems crucial to the squad.
Hey I hope your right as it means we keep Kane
But they also did agree to FFP...then cheated and went against that
They will want it done as undisclosed deal

do you think he wasn't at fault there?
I've not seen any of it yet, but I reckon I can safely say we didn't collapse into a pathetic blob of lily-white/livered brick because Hugo didn't concede a penalty. I know he's your favourite, but come on.

I find this fascinating, that we listened to Poch then, and used it to strengthen two positions and maintain the culture. Why did we ever stop?
We didn’t
We brought the midfield reinforcements he wanted but the results were still as bad as they were for the 8 months before so levy took the option of bringing in a man anger who had won everything in the game and that failed as he needed certain players that we couldn’t and a mind set change

I've not seen any of it yet, but I reckon I can safely say we didn't collapse into a pathetic blob of lily-white/livered brick because Hugo didn't concede a penalty. I know he's your favourite, but come on.

fair enough, it was the turning point of the game imo

We didn’t
We brought the midfield reinforcements he wanted but the results were still as bad as they were for the 8 months before so levy took the option of bringing in a man anger who had won everything in the game and that failed as he needed certain players that we couldn’t and a mind set change
Two bad decisions in a row from Levy (3 if you add to that the zero signings in 3 Windows prior to that). Unfortunately he’ll be in place to make another bad decision appointing our new manager this summer and then probably another one after that failing to back him....

We didn’t

Not sure I agree with that. Mourinho played a system which was ill suited for the players available

I think it was a mixture of things; i think there came a point where the beliefs and methods of both sides started to diverge..
Remember Poch's odd comments after the flimsy FA Cup semifinal defeat to Jose's Man Utd in 2018? Poch said something totally unprovoked about 'him or another coach' like a veiled threat that he'd walk away if he honestly wasn't appreciated.

From then, to me i think things went downhill in terms of 'listening to Poch' (though he himself at times didn't do himself any favours, e.g. "trophies are only for egos" etc)

Hey I hope your right as it means we keep Kane
But they also did agree to FFP...then cheated and went against that
They will want it done as undisclosed deal

They paid 50 for a right back and 60 for Mahrez, so I think we would still get a Levy premium out of them if Kane goes there. Which is acceptable to them, as I don’t think they actually care about the money as much as they care about being able to say to other clubs ‘we only paid over the odds because it was Levy’.

They’ll then be seen to walk away from more deals in the future and level it out again.

We didn’t

Are you talking an injured GLC and an unfit NDombele?

biggest mistake of Pep's career, Barca could have been perfect, Ibra gave them plans B through Z, the fanatic turned his nose up at it

Zlatan didn’t help his cause by not turning up the latter stages of the CL as he tends to do. For someone who talks a big game he has a habit of not showing up for the big CL games.

Not sure I agree with that. Mourinho played a system which was ill suited for the players available
But he played a system thaht got us top too
But the lack of cards crumbled once the players heads couldn’t keep up with his demands
And now we have a manager okaying a system that suits the players.... their still poor as their mentality is just weak
It’s what got Poch the sack

I think it was a mixture of things; i think there came a point where the beliefs and methods of both sides started to diverge..
Remember Poch's odd comments after the flimsy FA Cup semifinal defeat to Jose's Man Utd in 2018? Poch said something totally unprovoked about 'him or another coach' like a veiled threat that he'd walk away if he honestly wasn't appreciated.

From then, to me i think things went downhill in terms of 'listening to Poch' (though he himself at times didn't do himself any favours, e.g. "trophies are only for egos" etc)

I think that was the beginning of him putting pressure on the club to strike while the iron was hot, given the ridiculous overachievement he had given us. Take away his words and look at his actions - turning down Real. He loved this club and wanted to build something.

For whatever reason, they stopped trusting him and I’ll never understand it. The spirit and culture he built was our competitive advantage. Selling Walker allowed us to maintain it. Keeping Eriksen and Rose hanging around the club long after it was clear they wanted out started our decline IMO. We went from decisively selling a bad apple and getting a good return on the deal, to letting negativity fester. That was the worst thing about this.

Back