• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Would you say he comes inside too much or not enough?

Sometimes i feel it’s best not to do it too often which gives it a bit more of a surprise element...
I don't mind how much he does it, as long as he doesn't get too sloppy.
Although the more he does it, the more chance he has of opening up the opposition.
There is the risk though that he gets pulled down and is only left with a dead ball situation.

I don't mind how much he does it, as long as he doesn't get too sloppy.
Although the more he does it, the more chance he has of opening up the opposition.
There is the risk though that he gets pulled down and is only left with a dead ball situation.
It may depend on whether he wants the responsibility If bring a creator or not.

I know we all get wrapped up in the game, but I almost went mental yesterday when a bloke behind me scream "Kane's you greedy bastard" when he had a shot instead of passing, as far as I'm concerned he can shoot as much as he likes as I don't have a lot of faith in any of our other plays scoring regularly.

I know we all get wrapped up in the game, but I almost went mental yesterday when a bloke behind me scream "Kane's you greedy bastard" when he had a shot instead of passing, as far as I'm concerned he can shoot as much as he likes as I don't have a lot of faith in any of our other plays scoring regularly.
Was that around 50 minutes when Eriksen was wide open and Kane didn’t pass?

If that was the quick break, I had a decent view and Kane was surrounded and simply didn’t/couldn’t see Eriksen

It was right in front of me and he had plenty of time to pass to eriksen
He just doesn’t do that in those situations but he made the wrong call IMO

It was right in front of me and he had plenty of time to pass to eriksen
He just doesn’t do that in those situations but he made the wrong call IMO
I literally don’t see how he could have seen him to be able to know to pass to him.

You’d have seen that Eriksen started his run from behind Kane - in the blind spot - and although he advanced into a good position centrally, Harry was further forward surrounded by Soton players and looking very closely down at the ball throughout due to their extreme proximity.

I literally don’t see how he could have seen him to be able to know to pass to him.

You’d have seen that Eriksen started his run from behind Kane - in the blind spot - and although he advanced into a good position centrally, Harry was further forward surrounded by Soton players and looking very closely down at the ball throughout due to their extreme proximity.

Because he was shouting and waving his arm

It was literally right in front of our block and we heard him

When Kane let the ball run and span onto it, taking out the midfielder, Kane was 1 on 1 with the centre back.
At that point you want Kane to take him on and commit him and either beat him or get a penalty or get a shot away or play a ball across the "six yard line".

At that instant, Eriksen's first instinct was to run parallel to the goal, towards Kane, to play a 1-2 or get involved in a passing move... because that is Eriksen's primary game, that is just what he always does, play intricate passes etcetera... so within 1 second Eriksen is running parallel to the box, 20 yards out but Kane has suddenly taken on the centre back.

At that point Eriksen breaks into the box but there is no way he can make up the distance for a tap in.
If Eriksen's first movement had been that of a greedy goalscorer i.e. to run towards goal, he would have had a tap in.

But you cannot criticise either player, both did what is natural and both played well.

Back