• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

That’s not the definition of World Class, just a trait of it. You don’t get a shedload of world class players in a generation, you get a handful - we’ve had the era of Messi,Ronaldo, Iniesta. For me the next will be Mbappe, Neymar, De Bryne. Kane sits just below that for me. Of course end product is a massive part, he’s a top goal scorer but it has to be considered how he gets those goals. You constantly here the criticism most of his goals are tap ins or penalties, of course that’s a massive exaggeration but the point is partially valid. In his first season or two when he wasn’t such a big name he used to score a lot of goals from creating himself, shots from 25/30 yards. But now that seldom happens anymore because he is very closely marked and doesn’t have that X factor to still create (in general terms, I’m not saying he never does). Messi and Ronaldo are always given the special treatment and yet still do the spectacular. Kane just isn’t on their level for me, and I really think you’ll struggle to find many outside this forum who would suggest he is....
Okay, so we disagree, we move on.

I don’t get it though, what could be avoided and how?

He’s just in poor form, he’s shown patches of this form in other seasons as well but turned it around. Likewise Eriksen, Dele, Moussa, and so on, Harry’s said himself that it’s a long season and you don’t play at your best every week.

Longer than a 2 week break for a start, not calling him up for these 2 England games, us withdrawing him.

He has had 1 summer off in the past 4 years and played the majority of our games, that is going to catch up with you.

He touched the ball 20 times yesterday, only welbeck had less touches.

I worry more about Harry, probably because I still can't quite believe how good he can/has been for Spurs.
Harry is a big boy and has a tongue in his head. If he wants to play and feels ok and tells Pochettinho that, who is not blind or stupid and will be well aware of Harry's fitness. Then there is little anybody can do.

I agree he looks below par BUT we are not privy to all the facts.
He obviously wants to play and feels fine.
He just may be having an old-fashioned 'dip in form'.

Part of me thinks we overanalyse and should just let him play and stop worrying and reading to much into every one of Harry's games.

If you read what I said I didn’t say he is, I’m predicting they will be the next generation of world class (Neymar I acknowledge could go either way).As for your view on world class being if you get in a world XI then you’re world class as already discussed I don’t buy that - look at Trippier now, he could be in there and he isnt world class. A world XI would change year on year, a world class player has been at the top consistently for years. Messi and Ronaldo have been doing it since teenagers. Like I say, find me anyone outside of Spurs who thinks Kane is on Messi and Ronaldos level....

I agree that consistently world class is important

And trippier gets in on current form but isn’t consistently there hence why he isn’t world class.

I’ve seen Jermaine Jeans put in some WC performances but at no point was he world class

And ronaldo wasn’t do it as a teenager

His like for like age for age to kane is less than Kane’s. He did win things but he was playing for the best side at the time

Longer than a 2 week break for a start, not calling him up for these 2 England games, us withdrawing him.

He has had 1 summer off in the past 4 years and played the majority of our games, that is going to catch up with you.

He touched the ball 20 times yesterday, only welbeck had less touches.
Don't see how you can blame him for that. His role is mainly as target man, so to an extent it's the job of the rest of the team to get the ball to him. Something they struggled to do yesterday because Spain choked out our midfield making it difficult to get the ball to him.

That said I wouldn't disagree he seems to have lost an edge. But whether a rest would do the trick I'm not so sure. Like I said earlier he has successfully played his way out of jaded spells before. There's no telling when or even if that will happen this time round but if he's not in the team then it cannot until he comes back, problem being even then there's still no guarantee.

At the end of the day we have to trust in Poch. He sees Kane in training regularly therefore is best placed to decide whether / when to leave him out.

Far be it from me to go over the top...but anybody doubting Harry Kane needs to be walked out to the centre circle -- at the start of our first game in the new stadium -- forced to read aloud a confession of their heresy, before being shot in the head whilst the crowd sings "he's one of our own!"

Pull yourselves together.

i am not sure anyone is doubting how good Kane is ( and his record shows that he is one of the best). However if some can not see how below form his all round game has been since his return at the end of last season then i really would wonder why.

He is a lot slower and his first touch seems to be hit and miss, he looks unfit and that has to be a worry.

i am not sure anyone is doubting how good Kane is ( and his record shows that he is one of the best). However if some can not see how below form his all round game has been since his return at the end of last season then i really would wonder why.

He is a lot slower and his first touch seems to be hit and miss, he looks unfit and that has to be a worry.

And how can this be overcome or rectified?

I would hope that the club with all there qualified staff would be able to, alas it does not seem to be working which is the worry.

I can’t see Pochettino giving a direct order to go away for a month or so. Which is the line I would think is needed.
Harry doesn’t seem the type to want rest during the season. So there is only so much the can be done.
They, the club, will not want to risk falling out with Harry over this.
Not easy. So returning may help.

Outside of Spurs fans most say that about Dier, bang average. Winks adds a different dynamic for sure, but I don’t think would make much difference whether it was Dier or Henderson playing there with him.

Kane is a top class goal scorer, but personally not convinced at him as being a World Class player which for me is someone really top bracket. He too often looks slow and cumbersome,even when he is scoring goals. In comparison to other strikers like Ronaldo and Augero who always look sharp and dangerous every time they get the ball Kane simply doesn’t. His goals stack up with the best because of his single mindedness, his exceptional penalty taking skills and his ability to never go hiding even when he misses chances and the name of the game for a striker is to score goals - but I don’t think he’s even a world class finisher. Feel free to hate, just my opinion and an unpopular one I’m sure....

Pretty much agree with your analysis re Kane. He's an 8/10 in most aspects of the being a striker, finishing wise I'd say he's an 8 or a 9 (no one is a 10), he misses a few chances but so do most players. His hold up play is exceptional, good with both feet, very good in the air and can score almost any type of goal. That said, I look at someone like Ageuro and think he just looks more silky and is more of a handful to a defenders in terms of his skill, dribbling and overall play. Kane is more aggresive and more a physical presence but Ageuro must be a nightmare to defend against with his pace and trickery.

He's one of the top goalscorers and strikers in world football. Personally, I'd say Suarez and Aguero are both better because of what they bring to the team besides being great goalscorers.

As for his form now, yes I fully accept that starts the season slow typically but he's looked lethargic/insert adjective here since March, that's not a blip I'm afraid and his general play at the World Cup was poor despite scoring 6 goals, he wasn't attacking the 6 yard box and Moura has been doing more of that than Kane in the first few games this season. I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if he started a couple of games from the bench but I'm not sure if we can afford to do that as Liverpool look dangerous and we can't afford to slip up even at this early stage, we don't want to be playing catch up to Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

I’d say kane is the best finisher in the world personally and I agree 400% his single minded ness is exceptional

And I agree people at other clubs don’t rate Dier as highly as some spurs fans. Hell I know plenty spurs who don’t rate him, but their wrong, plain and simple. He makes the creative players tick like Makalele used too... you notice when their not there, not when they are

I will add I know plenty of fans of other clubs who think Henderson is awful too. I thought he had a great World Cup but he is not the answer for a top side

I really don't see much difference between Dier and Henderson. Both are quite limited technically. Henderson got the nod at the World Cup and actually played better than I thought he would and more than justified Southgate's choice to pick him over Dier. I appreciate Dier for what he is but I do wish he would realise that he can't play and just keep it simple sometimes as he's rather limited on the ball.

I don't think either of them are the answer for a top side.

Not sure the challenge of scoring in La Liga is quite the same as in the PL. I could be wrong but it does not seem to have the same level of intensity and competitiveness.

That's a subjective arguement re PL vs La Liga but Messi and Ronaldo have dominated the CL for most of their careers, which is the highest standard of club football there is, higher than the PL.

Back