• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

For sure, but it all depends on your definition of world class which is why there’s always disagreements on these subjects. He’s a top class goal scorer, but for me being World Class means you have that little bit extra. In this generation that is Ronaldo and Messi, I’d say Augero would have been around that mark too if not for his injuries and for me Kane is t quite yet - but that’s just me and my own perception of what being world class is....
I know what you're getting at and would accept that Kane is not quite in the same bracket as the likes of Ronaldo or Messi.

But I ask myself, would Kane make it into any current World XI as an out-and-out striker? I suspect he might. He'd certainly be in any shortlist of say two or three. Whilst he may not be the most stylish or possess quite the dazzling repertoire of a Messi, a Bale or a Neymar, his all-round game as a strong target man who can hold the ball, together with his outstanding range of passing, ability to bring others into play and ability to press, all this on top of his exceptional ability to score all types of goals at the very highest level makes it difficult to deny him a place at the top table.

But he does offer more

Hence why not only has he been scoring (despite being virtually dead on his feet according to some) he has also arguably been our best passer in most game. His all round game is so much more than just the goals he scores
He’s a good passer, personally don’t think he’s our best passer - Eriksen then Trippier for me. I just don’t think he’s World Class, his numbers are up there because he’s great around the penalty box but Messi and Ronaldo have scored the same numbers and better over the years, and for a much longer period with a lot of ridiculous goals from all over the pitch which Kane doesn’t do. They are world class, Kane isn’t on their level for me....

I know what you're getting at and would accept that Kane is not quite in the same bracket as the likes of Ronaldo or Messi.

But I ask myself, would Kane make it into any current World XI as an out-and-out striker? I suspect he might. He'd certainly be in any shortlist of say two or three. Whilst he may not be the most stylish or possess quite the dazzling repertoire of a Messi, a Bale or a Neymar, his all-round game as a strong target man who can hold the ball together with his outstanding range of passing, ability to bring others into play and ability to press, all this on top of his exceptional ability to score all types of goals at the very highest level makes it difficult to deny him a place at the top table.
I agree with a lot of that, but I don’t think that automatically makes you World Class.Trippier would be one of the top RBs in a world eleven right now, he’s certainly not WC....

He’s a good passer, personally don’t think he’s our best passer - Eriksen then Trippier for me. I just don’t think he’s World Class, his numbers are up there because he’s great around the penalty box but Messi and Ronaldo have scored the same numbers and better over the years, and for a much longer period with a lot of ridiculous goals from all over the pitch which Kane doesn’t do. They are world class, Kane isn’t on their level for me....
Not sure the challenge of scoring in La Liga is quite the same as in the PL. I could be wrong but it does not seem to have the same level of intensity and competitiveness.

I agree with a lot of that, but I don’t think that automatically makes you World Class.Trippier would be one of the top RBs in a world eleven right now, he’s certainly not WC....
H'mm I'd have thought that, if you can get into a World XI that must by definition makes you WC, but hey ho.

As for Trippier, can you name me a better RWB going forward right now?

H'mm I'd have thought that, if you can get into a World XI that must by definition makes you WC, but hey ho.

As for Trippier, can you name me a better RWB going forward right now?
This stems back to definition of world class, you can have periods in sport of there not being any genuine world class players. If you are the best of an above average bunch it doesn’t make you World Class. I think a Trippier is the perfect example of this, I don’t think there’s a better RWB right now in the world (to my limited worldwide knowledge) but do I think he’s world class? Hell no.

As for Kane, I remember seeing this voting thing on Champions League page on instagram about the top striker in Europe and the options were Kane, Suarez, Leawandowski and someone else I can’t remember and Kane didn’t get anywhere near the votes of the other two mentioned (more votes were from abroad than here so not a load of Rival haters voting). I appreciate its only a bit of fun, but I do think he’s more at their level as an overall package in the just below world class level. Outside of this country I don’t think he’s viewed as a world class player, he just doesn’t have that aura of even a Neymar or Mbappe. He’s a top goalscorer but I wouldn’t say he has any special traits, he’s very good at most things. With Ronaldo and Messi sometimes you just have to sit back and say wow. I don’t really see that with Kane. But I love the guy and I don’t really want to talk the guy down, I just don’t see him at that unique level....

He really needs a break i agree, we should pull him out of the England game on Tuesday as well.

Should have pulled him from the call up.

Sterling isn’t injured.

There is a danger of him being completely burnt out at a young age, the only time he gets rest is when he’s injured.

Looked to me like he has lost muscle mass as well.

Stop it! Worried about what? That he’s just a 4 season wonder and it’s all over now?

He’s just not quite on it yet, still scores goals for us and won the golden boot for England though.

No ones saying that.

But there’s clearly an issue, one that could have and should have been avoided

Far be it from me to go over the top...but anybody doubting Harry Kane needs to be walked out to the centre circle -- at the start of our first game in the new stadium -- forced to read aloud a confession of their heresy, before being shot in the head whilst the crowd sings "he's one of our own!"

Pull yourselves together.

This stems back to definition of world class, you can have periods in sport of there not being any genuine world class players. If you are the best of an above average bunch it doesn’t make you World Class. I think a Trippier is the perfect example of this, I don’t think there’s a better RWB right now in the world (to my limited worldwide knowledge) but do I think he’s world class? Hell no.

As for Kane, I remember seeing this voting thing on Champions League page on instagram about the top striker in Europe and the options were Kane, Suarez, Leawandowski and someone else I can’t remember and Kane didn’t get anywhere near the votes of the other two mentioned (more votes were from abroad than here so not a load of Rival haters voting). I appreciate its only a bit of fun, but I do think he’s more at their level as an overall package in the just below world class level. Outside of this country I don’t think he’s viewed as a world class player, he just doesn’t have that aura of even a Neymar or Mbappe. He’s a top goalscorer but I wouldn’t say he has any special traits, he’s very good at most things. With Ronaldo and Messi sometimes you just have to sit back and say wow. I don’t really see that with Kane. But I love the guy and I don’t really want to talk the guy down, I just don’t see him at that unique level....
Okay so if the definition of WC has to be a player that makes you go 'wow' because they can do things in a spectacular fashion then I'd accept Kane is not in that class. But for me, end product also has to be a decisive factor, which is why I'd put him in that bracket.

Okay so if the definition of WC has to be a player that makes you go 'wow' because they can do things in a spectacular fashion then I'd accept Kane is not in that class. But for me, end product also has to be a decisive factor, which is why I'd put him in that bracket.
That’s not the definition of World Class, just a trait of it. You don’t get a shedload of world class players in a generation, you get a handful - we’ve had the era of Messi,Ronaldo, Iniesta. For me the next will be Mbappe, Neymar, De Bryne. Kane sits just below that for me. Of course end product is a massive part, he’s a top goal scorer but it has to be considered how he gets those goals. You constantly here the criticism most of his goals are tap ins or penalties, of course that’s a massive exaggeration but the point is partially valid. In his first season or two when he wasn’t such a big name he used to score a lot of goals from creating himself, shots from 25/30 yards. But now that seldom happens anymore because he is very closely marked and doesn’t have that X factor to still create (in general terms, I’m not saying he never does). Messi and Ronaldo are always given the special treatment and yet still do the spectacular. Kane just isn’t on their level for me, and I really think you’ll struggle to find many outside this forum who would suggest he is....

That’s not the definition of World Class, just a trait of it. You don’t get a shedload of world class players in a generation, you get a handful - we’ve had the era of Messi,Ronaldo, Iniesta. For me the next will be Mbappe, Neymar, De Bryne. Kane sits just below that for me. Of course end product is a massive part, he’s a top goal scorer but it has to be considered how he gets those goals. You constantly here the criticism most of his goals are tap ins or penalties, of course that’s a massive exaggeration but the point is partially valid. In his first season or two when he wasn’t such a big name he used to score a lot of goals from creating himself, shots from 25/30 yards. But now that seldom happens anymore because he is very closely marked and doesn’t have that X factor to still create (in general terms, I’m not saying he never does). Messi and Ronaldo are always given the special treatment and yet still do the spectacular. Kane just isn’t on their level for me, and I really think you’ll struggle to find many outside this forum who would suggest he is....

What’s Neymar actually done to merit the WC title?

My view on world class is would he be picked in a world best game 11 vs 11

Kane would IMO be in one of those sides

What’s Neymar actually done to merit the WC title?

My view on world class is would he be picked in a world best game 11 vs 11

Kane would IMO be in one of those sides
If you read what I said I didn’t say he is, I’m predicting they will be the next generation of world class (Neymar I acknowledge could go either way).As for your view on world class being if you get in a world XI then you’re world class as already discussed I don’t buy that - look at Trippier now, he could be in there and he isnt world class. A world XI would change year on year, a world class player has been at the top consistently for years. Messi and Ronaldo have been doing it since teenagers. Like I say, find me anyone outside of Spurs who thinks Kane is on Messi and Ronaldos level....

No ones saying that.

But there’s clearly an issue, one that could have and should have been avoided
I don’t get it though, what could be avoided and how?

He’s just in poor form, he’s shown patches of this form in other seasons as well but turned it around. Likewise Eriksen, Dele, Moussa, and so on, Harry’s said himself that it’s a long season and you don’t play at your best every week.

I don’t get it though, what could be avoided and how?

He’s just in poor form, he’s shown patches of this form in other seasons as well but turned it around. Likewise Eriksen, Dele, Moussa, and so on, Harry’s said himself that it’s a long season and you don’t play at your best every week.
Agree, but....does feel like these below par for him type of performances has been dragging on for normal than longer though? These concerns were raised last season....

Back