• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Can someone enlighten me.....Since the appeal, What has Kane done or said on the back of the incident that's kept it in the limelight? I keep reading and hearing he could have handled it differently....I must have missed something.

Even the commentator last night made a crack about it, something about "why didn't he even try to get a shoulder onto it?" When he pulled out of a cross.

Can someone enlighten me.....Since the appeal, What has Kane done or said on the back of the incident that's kept it in the limelight? I keep reading and hearing he could have handled it differently....I must have missed something.

Yes, social media!;)

To nullify some of the banal social media burblings some say, make a joke of it play to gallery.

Milner has got the label boring!
So he plays up to it and defuses it!

fc533962-7eda-460c-9b3e-4b04d19c7f71

Last edited:
Yes, social media!;)

To nullify some of the banal social media burblings some say, make a joke of it play to gallery.

Milner has got the label boring!
So he plays up to it and defuses it!

fc533962-7eda-460c-9b3e-4b04d19c7f71

Agree. I think the best idea was for the team to celebrate someone else's goal as if Kane had scored it, but the humour window for that passed without the opportunity really occurring.

Re: Social media - I don't think he could have won either way by saying anything, but I probably would have piggy backed the PFA comment with something humorous and self deprecating to show no hard feeling, rather than let the media jump on it and spin all sorts.

Neville is paid to offer an opinion not just to parrot a line because it suits Sky.

He’s right about the Kane situation and he’s right about how Poch has handled the last 10 days. It’s all been badly managed.

But if you think Neville has an anti Spurs agenda, you haven’t been listening to him for the last 3-4 seasons. There’s also a piece on Sky’s website where he is gushing about Poch.

If a pundit can’t offer their honest opinion, they may as well not bother.

Could not agree more, to be honest i am not a big fan of Neville ( likes the sound of his own voice at times) but i see nothing wrong with what he said last night.

I am a bit curious as to why this is seen as something that Kane should have engineered any kind of response to. I'm talking about the claiming of the goal thing. People gave him stick for appealing it. He really didn't care, and kept going with it. If it is affecting his performances, maybe the response should be managed. But I think it's silly to suggest this is making Kane run less, or slower, or that it's making his touch that little bit off. More than likely the injury has knocked his confidence and he's working his way back into form. The idea that we should really think about managing the banter response because rival fans are giving him stick on Twitter and Reddit, to me is just ridiculous.

The FA thing on the other hand, Kane has a big point there. I'm sure the social media guy has been fired, but since when has the FA's official account been a retweet factory for the LADBible? That's just ridiculous. And he definitely has a point around our institutions needing to defend and protect our England players.

The time to do a funny joke about him claiming another goal has long since gone, so I quite like his tone in the above interview, but really, even if he did that joke, would it matter, other than for banter points? Genuinely interested as to what people think.

Far too blunt and opinionated, both of them, which makes for brilliant TV but in management? You have to be way more cunning.
I think Souness admitted as much himself. G Nev may be less combatative but it took some ego to think he could succeed in a different league to the only one he played in using a second language in his first management job.

I am a bit curious as to why this is seen as something that Kane should have engineered any kind of response to. I'm talking about the claiming of the goal thing. People gave him stick for appealing it. He really didn't care, and kept going with it. If it is affecting his performances, maybe the response should be managed. But I think it's silly to suggest this is making Kane run less, or slower, or that it's making his touch that little bit off. More than likely the injury has knocked his confidence and he's working his way back into form. The idea that we should really think about managing the banter response because rival fans are giving him stick on Twitter and Reddit, to me is just ridiculous.

The FA thing on the other hand, Kane has a big point there. I'm sure the social media guy has been fired, but since when has the FA's official account been a retweet factory for the LADBible? That's just ridiculous. And he definitely has a point around our institutions needing to defend and protect our England players.

The time to do a funny joke about him claiming another goal has long since gone, so I quite like his tone in the above interview, but really, even if he did that joke, would it matter, other than for banter points? Genuinely interested as to what people think.

I would love Harry to win the Golden boot by one goal. Imagine the reaction from the scousers!

Back