• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

So Kane and Poch are helping out Sky with this Ocean Rescue thing, and Neville still finds the need to slag them off and 'add fuel to the fire'?

So Kane and Poch are helping out Sky with this Ocean Rescue thing, and Neville still finds the need to slag them off and 'add fuel to the fire'?

Neville is paid to offer an opinion not just to parrot a line because it suits Sky.

He’s right about the Kane situation and he’s right about how Poch has handled the last 10 days. It’s all been badly managed.

But if you think Neville has an anti Spurs agenda, you haven’t been listening to him for the last 3-4 seasons. There’s also a piece on Sky’s website where he is gushing about Poch.

If a pundit can’t offer their honest opinion, they may as well not bother.

Neville is paid to offer an opinion not just to parrot a line because it suits Sky.

He’s right about the Kane situation and he’s right about how Poch has handled the last 10 days. It’s all been badly managed.

But if you think Neville has an anti Spurs agenda, you haven’t been listening to him for the last 3-4 seasons. There’s also a piece on Sky’s website where he is gushing about Poch.

He even says he wants Poch to take over at a United

He is the best pundit on the telly, spot on last night.

Got a lot of time for Neville. Haven't seen the video above but he is right that the PR team could have handled it better. He should have just made light of the whole thing from the beginning. He did nothing wrong in claiming the goal.

Yeh I watched that and I agree with Neville. Poch could have handled it better as could the club, and so could have Harry if he had have joked about it but they didnt. He clearly still has love for United but only shows it on Sky when City play really in a "tongue in cheek" thing. I think Tyler was saying something about City celebrating winning the league and Neville groaned etc but other than that he is a very good pundit. He is miles better than Jamie Redknapp who just says "I think they are a decent team, dont you Thierry? They play well, dont you think Graeme?"

Fair comments on MNF I thought...

http://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11675/11354275/is-harry-kane-back-to-his-best-gary-neville-gives-his-verdict-on-monday-night-football
"I don't think he's near his best," Neville told MNF. "He's not in the same situation he was. He said himself he's not played his best in the last few weeks and some of his work [against Watford] was inconsistency.

"There were moments in the game where you thought he's still coming back from an injury and not quite right, but there were parts of the game where the confidence was coming back. For instance, the composure to be able to sweep the ball home for his goal after just slipping as well, it takes some doing."

"He's not the type of striker you drop because he offers too much," Neville added. "I always used to think about Alan Shearer when I was playing against him and with him all those years ago. He'll have had moments in his game where he wouldn't have been at the top of his game but you'd never consider dropping him because you know full well the guy is gold.

"Kane is like that. These are players that perform every single day at the highest level. It's just about biding your time with him.

"He has dipped below his best in this last few weeks. He has been injured, to be fair, and there have been some issues around him off the pitch which are always a distraction, but he's got to clear that up in this next two and three weeks because he's obviously got a World Cup.

"If Tottenham can finish in the Champions League and Harry Kane can have a great World Cup then that will be fantastic for Tottenham but it will also be fantastic for England as well."
AE9CF7C3-6C0D-4C5D-B451-CE5CD8C30E02.jpeg
Kane's top speeds in his 32 Premier League starts this season - his lowest two top speeds have come in his last two appearances

Yeh I watched that and I agree with Neville. Poch could have handled it better as could the club, and so could have Harry if he had have joked about it but they didnt. He clearly still has love for United but only shows it on Sky when City play really in a "tongue in cheek" thing. I think Tyler was saying something about City celebrating winning the league and Neville groaned etc but other than that he is a very good pundit. He is miles better than Jamie Redknapp who just says "I think they are a decent team, dont you Thierry? They play well, dont you think Graeme?"

Souness is old school but he Neville are the the top pundits in my book also like Strachan.

Souness is old school but he Neville are the the top pundits in my book also like Strachan.

Absolutely right on Souness, he’s a great pundit in my view. Amazing that the top two pundits (he and Neville) have largely failed at management. Shows what a really tough gig it is because those two know their football.

Souness does punditry on Irish tv too and he’s even better there because he has a little more room to let fly.

Absolutely right on Souness, he’s a great pundit in my view. Amazing that the top two pundits (he and Neville) have largely failed at management. Shows what a really tough gig it is because those two know their football.

Souness does punditry on Irish tv too and he’s even better there because he has a little more room to let fly.
Far too blunt and opinionated, both of them, which makes for brilliant TV but in management? You have to be way more cunning.

Back