• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Stunned that some are already starting to question Kane.
Choked on my lunch reading that. Exactly which games are you referring to? Even at his worst he invariably comes close to scoring at least two or three times during the 90 minutes.

Cannot argue with the rest of your post.

There were quite a few games last season and that is normal for any striker. Mostly in games when we are not creating as in general he is not the type to create for himself.

There were quite a few games last season and that is normal for any striker. Mostly in games when we are not creating as in general he is not the type to create for himself.
On the contrary lovely he creates quite a bit for himself and others IMO

I do think he needs to improve on his decision making a little when it comes to taking shots on but it is a minor quibble when you consider everything else he brings.

On the contrary lovely he creates quite a bit for himself and others IMO

I do think he needs to improve on his decision making a little when it comes to taking shots on but it is a minor quibble when you consider everything else he brings.

I do agree he could occasionally pass it, but one of his very best qualities is the accuracy of his finishing and that is from all kinds of range.

If we looked back at his goals there are probably quite few where we could say he could/should have passed it, as a teamate was in a better position but we don't because he's blast it in the bottom corner.

And that is perhaps why he goes for it so often......he's bloody good at it.

I do agree he could occasionally pass it, but one of his very best qualities is the accuracy of his finishing and that is from all kinds of range.

If we looked back at his goals there are probably quite few where we could say he could/should have passed it, as a teamate was in a better position but we don't because he's blast it in the bottom corner.

And that is perhaps why he goes for it so often......he's bloody good at it.
I don't mind him being a little greedy and in fact it is necessary for all strikers to be such, but there is such a thing as taking the completely wrong option (i.e. next to 0% chance of scoring) and Harry is guilty of that on occasion.

Think you are spot on - said elsewhere that the threat of losing a starting 11 place is low - is this a good thing?

It depends on the player.

I played as a forward for many seasons, and i much preferred it if i knew i was guaranteed to be playing every week. The reason it would benefit my team was i gave 100% effort every week, as that's the way i am. There was zero chance of me slacking off.

From the outside it looks like HK is the same.

Conversely, in the striker position, where you are asked to do the hardest job in football, the worry of being dropped can get inside your head and affect your performance in front of goal.

i don't mind a striker putting in all those attempts when we win
the wastefulness needs to be accounted for when we don't win. especially with one-track mind poch.

I don't mind him being a little greedy and in fact it is necessary for all strikers to be such, but there is such a thing as taking the completely wrong option (i.e. next to 0% chance of scoring) and Harry is guilty of that on occasion.
He has scored so many times from unlikely positions when the better option appeared to be to pass to a better-placed team mate, how are we supposed to know what the better option is?

Need to remember things are not always as straightforward as they may seem. So often when a player attempts to set up someone who is much better placed, something goes wrong. The pass gets intercepted, is misplaced or the receiver with only the goalie to beat shoots wide, straight at the keeper or brings out a blinding save from him. Not to mention the occasions when a defender appears from nowhere to clear off the line.

Whereas Kane's tendency to shoot rather than pass often carries the element of surprise. How often have we said he had no right to shoot from there, only to see the ball hit the back of the net?

Besides, despite his selfishness he does also attempt to set a team mate up often enough, especially Dele with whom he seems to have a telepathic understanding at times.

All in all I'd much rather he erred on the side of selfishness when he thinks he has even half a chance of scoring, and that's almost regardless of how many times he might have put someone through instead. Scoring goals is his job. Ask him to change and you run the risk of losing what you've got, the most prolific striker we've had since Jimmy Greaves.

He has scored so many times from unlikely positions when the better option appeared to be to pass to a better-placed team mate, how are we supposed to know what the better option is?

Need to remember things are not always as straightforward as they may seem. So often when a player attempts to set up someone who is much better placed, something goes wrong. The pass gets intercepted, is misplaced or the receiver with only the goalie to beat shoots wide, straight at the keeper or brings out a blinding save from him. Not to mention the occasions when a defender appears from nowhere to clear off the line.

Whereas Kane's tendency to shoot rather than pass often carries the element of surprise. How often have we said he had no right to shoot from there, only to see the ball hit the back of the net?

Besides, despite his selfishness he does also attempt to set a team mate up often enough, especially Dele with whom he seems to have a telepathic understanding at times.

All in all I'd much rather he erred on the side of selfishness when he thinks he has even half a chance of scoring, and that's almost regardless of how many times he might have put someone through instead. Scoring goals is his job. Ask him to change and you run the risk of losing what you've got, the most prolific striker we've had since Jimmy Greaves.
For me there is the right decision, the wrong decision and a grey area in the middle. I'll gladly cede that grey area to Kane. He has earned it, but sometimes shooting is the wrong choice, plain and simple. I guess we could get all statistical about it with xg numbers and what not but I couldn't be arsed ;)

Last edited:
The first two games I thought he looked his natural self. Laying the balls off at the right time of being slightly selfish. He was unlucky to hit the post up at St James's park and also against Chelski.

But against Burnley it looked to me like he was forcing it a bit. He knows he normally starts slow so he was taking some shots I dont think he would normally take. He also missed a 1v1 and the cut back he totally missed the target which is really unlike him. I think the So called August hoodoo was on his mind.

The first two games I thought he looked his natural self. Laying the balls off at the right time of being slightly selfish. He was unlucky to hit the post up at St James's park and also against Chelski.

But against Burnley it looked to me like he was forcing it a bit. He knows he normally starts slow so he was taking some shots I dont think he would normally take. He also missed a 1v1 and the cut back he totally missed the target which is really unlike him. I think the So called August hoodoo was on his mind.
I don't. The 1v1 he had his heels clipped and by the time he righted himself, the keeper was on him. I thought he played just fine

I know that I am being a miserable sod but this August thing is rot. It is just a short run from a small sample size.

Your right, but it is quite quirky. I think it would be funny if he did not score in August next year as well. I would not care as long as he was still with us leading us out at our new stadium.

It's a funny old game...

August in the Premier League

Burnley - 90 minutes - 10 shots
Chelsea- 90 minutes - 8 shots
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 90 minutes - 6 shots
Liverpool - 83 minutes- 0 shots
Palace - 90 minutes - 6 shots
Everton - 90 minutes - 0 shots
Everton - 90 minutes - 5 shots
Leicester - 90 minutes - 4 shots
Stoke - 64 minutes - 1 shot
ManU - 90 minutes - 3 shots