• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Isn't it a bit too soon to be making statements like that about what his best position is? He did well a few times as the striker last season under Sherwood iirc.

I would be happy with him in behind Soldado against QPR though.

I guess it is to make definitive statements like that but from what I have seen his skillset definitely matches being behind the main striker. That's not to say in certain circumstances ie if we go two up front he cant be up front. Lets not forget the front 4 is very fluid and Soldado/Ade have been found further back with one of the others going up top so Kane will end up there at certain times anyway I suppose....

I would be happy with him in behind Soldado as well. Seems to have the presence and intelligence to play with his back to goal, so will make up for Soldado being poor at this.

Hands up. Kid is doing everything in his power to prove me wrong, I said earlier in this thread that I thought he would play out the rest of his career at a mid to lower level prem club. He needs to keep performing at this level for the entire season though. Happy to see it though!

I guess it is to make definitive statements like that but from what I have seen his skillset definitely matches being behind the main striker. That's not to say in certain circumstances ie if we go two up front he cant be up front. Lets not forget the front 4 is very fluid and Soldado/Ade have been found further back with one of the others going up top so Kane will end up there at certain times anyway I suppose....

Yup! False number 9 ;)

Thats what Rose and Walker are for....

It's what they should be for, does anyone have that much confidence in their crossing ability though?

Walker you can get away with it, he's got the pace to get behind the defence, but he's injured.

I think that Kane is a young Ricky Lambert.

I used to think that Kane was useless and that he'd never make the step up. I was wrong. His performances over the tail end of last season, and the start of this season have shown that he does have a future in the top flight, hopefully with us.

It's what they should be for, does anyone have that much confidence in their crossing ability though?

Walker you can get away with it, he's got the pace to get behind the defence, but he's injured.

They're not necessarily there to put in crosses, but to stretch their defence, creating openings for our midfielders/attackers.

They're not necessarily there to put in crosses, but to stretch their defence, creating openings for our midfielders/attackers.

They can't do that isolated on the wings though.

The idea is for them to interplay with the winger and cause issues. If it's just walker stood on the right, which was the case at times last season, it's asking too much of him to take on the two players who come wide to block him.

Watch Pienaar and baines for an example of how it should be done, we'll look nothing like that with the set up of lamela, Eriksen and Kane. None of them want to be out wide.

They can't do that isolated on the wings though.

The idea is for them to interplay with the winger and cause issues. If it's just walker stood on the right, which was the case at times last season, it's asking too much of him to take on the two players who come wide to block him.

Watch Pienaar and baines for an example of how it should be done, we'll look nothing like that with the set up of lamela, Eriksen and Kane. None of them want to be out wide.

With the FB overlapping he'll drag the opposition FB wider, creating a gap in their defense, or he'll stick with the WF, leaving our FB free to run into the box. At least, that's what happens to our defense a lot of the time. :terry:

I think that Kane is a young Ricky Lambert.

I used to think that Kane was useless and that he'd never make the step up. I was wrong. His performances over the tail end of last season, and the start of this season have shown that he does have a future in the top flight, hopefully with us.

It's why you've always got to be cautious in rating young players until they are regulars in the first team.

In youth teams they can stand out for good and bad reasons, but often to the untrained eye for misleading reasons. A lad that has developed quicker than his age group can often dominate games with physique but will get found out when he plays with physical peers.

On the other hand, sometimes players who are technically very accomplished fail to shine as much as they should in youth teams because players with less intelligence and technique don't read and dovetail with their intentions.

I read Peter Beardsley's book and in it he said the hardest thing for him in stepping down to the lower leagues in the later part of his career would be that he'd play a pass for where a top flight striker would make a run, but the player in his team didn't read it or make the run and it would look like he misplaced the pass as it went to nobody.

I think Kane is only really starting to stand out as he's playing regularly with players that can read his intellligent runs and passes.

I hope that he maintains his passion too. Some players are full of determination when they break through, only to stop trying once they think a place in the first team is their's.

Would love to see him make himself a real threat in the air .. been forever since we had a striker that was threat aerially (no Crouch was not)

I would give Kane a run of games, I think he will give a goal every 2.5-3 games with decent service as he has the brain to get into good positions.
His finishing and heading with improve over time and experience ( hopefully!) , but you are more likely to score with an average effort at the right time than a perfect effort.

3 Spurs players on the pitch by the time the full time whistle blew. No doubt it would've been 4 if Dier hadn't pulled out the squad

@AddictedtoSpurs: GOAL: @hkane28 scores for England U21s, through a Tom Carroll assist. 3-0 vs Moldova. #THFC #Vine
[tweet]509397305498533888[/tweet]

Back