• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I'm coming round to the fact he is leaving this window.

We should wish him the best and thank him for the time he has been at the club. Him going at this point seems more reasonable than the City debacle and going abroad is the least bad option for us as fans.

If we get £80m+ and a potential future option for him to return that would be a reasonable deal for all. Let's just hope we invest the money wisely.

We don’t know
But it’s a one horse league

Agreed, which is why I wonder whether winning the Bunderliga will give that satisfaction. Certainly wouldnt be as much as winning the PL.

He's obviously got a reasonable shot at a CL medal whilst there but far from certain. Would imagine they'd be at least in the quarters each year he's there, and beyond that comes a bit down to luck, form, decisions, draws etc

If Levy is indeed meeting with bayern today as reported, we might well see links/leaks over the weekend I guess about other attackers to us, and acceleration in the CB situation

I understand why people would mention Jonathan David, but wonder whether we'll aim for the next version of him, so at a lower price level and deliberately so hat Richy is our lead CF this season. Or buy someone who can also play RW

Then spend more of the Kane money at CB
Richy or Sonny can play thru the middle, both suit the Ange way of playing.

He doesn't need to communicate anything as he's left it in Bayern and Levy's court.

The two things he's learnt from the City drama is....firstly don't go head to head with Levy, so he's passed that job over to Bayern (ie sort out a price with the chairman first, otherwise the rest is pointless) and secondly I'm keeping a low profile as the dent in my legacy hurt last time, keep the fans as onside as possible. (eg I'm open to all options)

Agreed, which is why I wonder whether winning the Bunderliga will give that satisfaction. Certainly wouldnt be as much as winning the PL.

He's obviously got a reasonable shot at a CL medal whilst there but far from certain. Would imagine they'd be at least in the quarters each year he's there, and beyond that comes a bit down to luck, form, decisions, draws etc
Even with Kane they won’t match the very best for the CL
Their defence isn’t good enough IMO

Wonder whether that will give him the satisfaction that its reported he's after (trophy wise)?

Not convinced that if he looks back in 20 years time, having those winners medals will do so
You think so? Why wouldn't he want to win some trophies?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

well yes, but would it give him more satisfaction that being the all-time PL top scorer?

I know people talk of him coming back in 3 years time and getting that record too but that can't be guaranteed
Ummm would you personally if you were a professional rather play a part in winning a trophy that can never be taken from you or a goal scoring record which can be beaten?

Honestly? Forget the Spurs link would you seriously rather have the PL goal scorers record or be part of winning the CL and or League and Cups?

I can't imagine there are many players who if you gave them that choice at the beginning of their careers that would choose the top scoring record. [emoji848]

Ummm would you personally if you were a professional rather play a part in winning a trophy that can never be taken from you or a goal scoring record which can be beaten?

Honestly? Forget the Spurs link would you seriously rather have the PL goal scorers record or be part of winning the CL and or League and Cups?

I can't imagine there are many players who if you gave them that choice at the beginning of their careers that would choose the top scoring record. [emoji848]

Dunno
I’ve heard many people who think Bale didn’t achieve much as he was always injured in Spain
Yet he has won more European titles than any British player in history
Unless you win trophies here people can be ignorant to everything
If he went to Dortmund and won a title there, that would have much more credit than keeping Bayern on top

Dunno
I’ve heard many people who think Bale didn’t achieve much as he was always injured in Spain
If he went to Dortmund and won a title there, that would have much more credit than keeping Bayern on top

I personally would wanna win something but you make a good point, for all Bale won there seems to be something hung over him from Madrid and he gets more stick than he should and what he has won doesn't seem to temper those critics

Dunno

I'm going to guess you heard that from ignorant English people who don't deem leagues outside Britain as worthwhile.

But we aren't really talking about our views of Kane but more if we were in his shoes what would you want?

Back