• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Imo there is zero chance of us getting Depay. I think LVG effectively told him to stay in Holland a further year to further his development before he'd come back to sign him.
Looking at this objectively it was good for both LVG and Depay: a year fr LVG to get his feet under the table and gain trust in the role, which allows Depay to develop outside what was at tie a caustic first year for LVG. When Depay comes he'll be under far less pressure imo.

It just all makes me want to weep:(

Imo there is zero chance of us getting Depay. I think LVG effectively told him to stay in Holland a further year to further his development before he'd come back to sign him.
Looking at this objectively it was good for both LVG and Depay: a year fr LVG to get his feet under the table and gain trust in the role, which allows Depay to develop outside what was at tie a caustic first year for LVG. When Depay comes he'll be under far less pressure imo.

It just all makes me want to weep:(

That makes sense but is LVG due to retire in two seasons time?

Also did he have a great relationship with him at international level as he is a relative newcomer and although I'm sure they got on he may not be the father figure type

I think he will be better than Hazard. Hazard doesn't score enough to be top top class and is predictable whilst being a very good player
Hazard is the best player in England at the moment IMO. Maybe he could score a few more but he is devastating to defences and has been all season. Another one that got away (supposedly). It is too early to say if Depay will surpass Hazard but even if he comes close he will be in the top twenty players in the world. I think Hazard is certainly in that bracket, probably top 10 depending on the criteria you apply. In saying that, if we were to ever push the boat out for one player Depay is certainly the one we should aim for. It won't happen but we can dream.

Absolutely. I've been signing his praises for over a year now and I think he's the next Hazard.

more chance of being the next nani than being as good as what hazard is now. the eredivisie is like mid-bottom championship level.

hard to say, but i think eriksen was more highly rated than depay is atm when we signed him. and i think depay is benefitting (in terms of reputation) from the fact that he is hollands brighest prospect. but the fact that he is holland's best young player shows that they arent producing many top players atm.

I think he will be better than Hazard. Hazard doesn't score enough to be top top class and is predictable whilst being a very good player

dont agree. Hazard is a bonafide world class player and he actually plays on the wing and defends like a midfielder

I might have misunderstood what you mean by a top top class player though....you mean ronaldo and messi? If so there is only one bracket for those two and its called the "ronaldo and messi" bracket...no one else gets in there

I mean top top class
Hazard is a very good player but to be top class he needs to create and score even more. The standards has been set higher than before because of messi and ronaldo and Bale in this league who played in a similar position and is and was IMO a much better player

Hazzard is arguably the best player in the PL this season, the best midfielders in the world do NOT need to be measured by goal output, that's what you measure strikers by.

Ronaldo/Messi and even Bale have fudged up people's perception of a midfielder, Modric is and will be one of the world's better midfielders and will maybe, get 8-10 goals a season on a good season, doesn't change his value.

Kane (as its his thread), has to be measured by goals, and thankfully he's doing quite well there .. 30!!!!

Hopefully Kane will score 30+ goals a few times over the course of his Spurs career, like some of this lot...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-kane-joins-an-elite-list-of-english-hotshots
...Kane has become the first Tottenham player to reach 30 club goals in a season since Gary Lineker in 1991/92, and the striker has the former England man’s tally of 35 firmly in his sights with five games still to play.

But the Spurs man is only the eighth Englishman to reach 30 goals in the Premier League era. We take a look at the esteemed company he joins…

Ian Wright – 1992/93, 1993/94, 1994/95, 1996/97
Andrew Cole – 1993/94
Alan Shearer – 1993/94, 1994/95, 1995/96, 1999/00
Matt Le Tissier – 1994/95
Robbie Fowler – 1994/95, 1995/96, 1996/97
Kevin Phillips – 1999/00
Wayne Rooney – 2009/10, 2011/12
plus some of these greats from back in the glory days...

Gary Lineker - 1991/92
Clive Allen - 1986/87
Martin Chivers - 1970/71, 1971/72, 1972/73
Jimmy Greaves - 1961/62, 1962/63, 1963/64, 1964/65, 1966/67, 1967/68, 1968/69
Bobby Smith - 1957/58, 1958/59, 1959/60, 1960/61

I go along with those that think Hazard is a great player, he is not Messi or Ronaldo but he is in the next bracket.

Half a season in the domestic league: he was only a regular from the end of December onwards, if I remember rightly. And yet 20 of his goals have come in that competition. Bloody brilliant. :)

End of November i think is when he became first choice

End of November i think is when he became first choice

He scored that brilliant 90th minute free-kick as a sub against Villa in the middle of November, I think - but I distinctly remember him starting conclusively only after the 3-0 drubbing Chelsea gave us in early December.

Could well be wrong, of course.

He scored that brilliant 90th minute free-kick as a sub against Villa in the middle of November, I think - but I distinctly remember him starting conclusively only after the 3-0 drubbing Chelsea gave us in early December.

Could well be wrong, of course.

Hardly brilliant was it?

Hardly brilliant was it?

'I'm taking this, and it's going in come hell or high water.'

In my eyes, someone who can bend the laws of nature enough to make that statement a self-fulfilling prophecy (especially via the ludicrous deflection) deserves the tag 'brilliant'. :D

Back