• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Only hindsight will tell. Either way, there'll be plenty criticising the club's hierarchy for whichever decision they make.

If I offered you top 4 for £100m, would you take it? Seems cheap given that's just 3 "decent" signings these days.

Selling Kane could be really useful in the rebuild. Perhaps his goals have been masking poor management and/or a humdrum midfield. But then, we all remember the hash we made of the Bale money. Eriksen and Lamela aside, of course.

I just hope that, whatever happens, Levy and Ange have a plan.

I think you summed it up perfectly TBH, there is so much to take into consideration with it all. If Bayern offer upwards of 80m then it will test the resolve of where we are and like you say, how does the plan look keeping him with the risk he leaves for nothing, with or without CL football OR if you can sell him and replace and it not have a catastrophic effect on the plan.

Only hindsight will tell. Either way, there'll be plenty criticising the club's hierarchy for whichever decision they make.

If I offered you top 4 for £100m, would you take it? Seems cheap given that's just 3 "decent" signings these days.

Selling Kane could be really useful in the rebuild. Perhaps his goals have been masking poor management and/or a humdrum midfield. But then, we all remember the hash we made of the Bale money. Eriksen and Lamela aside, of course.

I just hope that, whatever happens, Levy and Ange have a plan.
Kane here massively changes everything that every manager does because he is that good
The team is naturally over reliant on him

and I think we made the right signings with the bale money. They just didn’t all work out for varying reasons but the logic was fine

signings are always a gamble

Kane in Germany would be IMO like cheat mode as the teams are just not as a good

Losing Kane could be seismic, but If he stays I worry how he'd cope with finding the extra pace and energy required to make Ange's intensive high-press system work. Not as if Son is scary in the press either.

Just a thought.

Keep him as long as we can. Imo. Far, far too good to lose. Simple as that. I know it isn’t actually that simple but we have a truly world class player on our hands, let’s keep him while we can. Then maybe he deserves to go on a free.
Would you prefer world class players or a world class team?

napoli won the league last season with two players who are borderline WC but IMO a world class unit

Kane is my favourite player, but I'm not that worried. Judging by our recruitment the past year or two we are actually much better at identifying players for succession planning. Add into the fact we already have Son who is proven at playing CF when Kane isn't around and doing a decent job and Richi. Plus we have a very attack minded manager which means we won't have such an over reliance on Kane to create and score everything. I'd prefer him to stay, but I trust we will respond well to losing him....

Son I kind of agree with. He can play CF but that means whoever replaces him in his position isn’t at good. Not convinced about Richarlison tbh but accept he may come good under Ange. Not just his goals, Kane is an assist machine and creates a lot of our chances.

Son I kind of agree with. He can play CF but that means whoever replaces him in his position isn’t at good. Not convinced about Richarlison tbh but accept he may come good under Ange. Not just his goals, Kane is an assist machine and creates a lot of our chances.
That's my point though, under this manager we won't be reliant on Kane to create - one of the very first things he has done is sign a creative midfielder in Maddison. Before we have just had work horses in CM, that's not happening under Ange. Whilst Kanes abilities are obviously still going to be beneficial, I can guarantee this season we will be creating and scoring from all over the pitch rather than last season where we was massively relying on Kane to do both.....

That's my point though, under this manager we won't be reliant on Kane to create - one of the very first things he has done is sign a creative midfielder in Maddison. Before we have just had work horses in CM, that's not happening under Ange. Whilst Kanes abilities are obviously still going to be beneficial, I can guarantee this season we will be creating and scoring from all over the pitch rather than last season where we was massively relying on Kane to do both.....

Yeh if Maddison comes off thats going to be clear for all to see IMO. There will also be this less reliance on Kane to come back into deeper roles as much as he does, that part of his game will always be there now, but there will be less reliance on it which is something we have been crying out for.

I think you need to look at it differently

- We have a new manager who is going to play a completely new system and style
- We already will need to change a minimum of 3 starters, one of which is GK (imo, one of the more difficult replacements)
- Having Kane in side will likely ensure easier start for manager as well as improve chances for Europe next season (£ value in itself)

In that context, keeping Harry for another season even if we lose out completely on the sale vastly improves Ange's chance of success and speed to settling in, gives us a much better shot at Europe revenue next season and gives Ange opportunity to work with goal output of Son, Deki, Richi, Maddison (?) while still having Kane.

Outside of an outright stupid offer, I'd argue keeping is the obvious right choice.

On the other hand Son would likely excel in Ange's fast football and if Kane starts we have a highly underused investment in Richy.
Kane has quite an injury free year last season - but he was missing his sharp turns in his game from he was a few years ago. I am not that confident that Kane can continue scoring 30 goals going forward and if he doesn't there is going to be more pressure for Ange (drop him for Richy?).
Also we don't have any young strikers coming through do we? If Son and Richy starts perhaps we can afford two gbp40m younger and faster strikers to sit on the bench.
For example, I think that if we sold Kane for enought to get Sancho and one other younger, it might be better for Ange to mount a proper challenge for top four in 3 years time when Son is 33 and Kane 32.

Has Redknapp said anything about it?

He only gave his opinion that Kane is not going to want to uproot his young family to Germany, mentioned something about him having started work on building a 'mansion'

Read elsewhere this buil happens to be close to Chelsea's training ground so expect that to be the new rumour at some stage.

Back