• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Can see the argument in selling him NOW if there’s no way he willing to sign a contract and we potentially lose him next summer for free. But I’ve got to admit, the prospect of our front line without him is a very scary proposition. We’d need to go into the market for a replacement CF.

He could realistically bag over 100 goals during that contract - a new signing anywhere near close to doing/guaranteeing the same would cost the guts of that in a transfer fee alone and then what, 200k + a week over a 4 year deal.

Edit :

400k pw for a new Kane contract works out to 20m a year, 80m over 4 - we aren't getting a better deal than that in the transfer market

It's really the same answer for both. We are likely going to need to go into the market the following season for a striker anyway.

It's just a question of do we we want do so using some funds from the sale of Land to boost the amount we can offer or do we want wait and take the risk he walks away for free and we still have to buy a striker just now without the 80m+ that the sale of Kane could potentially bring in.

If him leaving wasn't so inevitable I'd see the sense in keeping him, but he's going. It's now just a case of do we want something for him or not?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Unfortunately i think you are right. It would still be a £124m deal for a 30 year old. Not sure we could or should go further than that.

so if you double it that’s close on 250m over five years.

that’s a lot of money I agree, but how much would a “sure fire” replacement slightly below his level cost? £150-200m without even factoring in wages, and assuming they would be interested in coming to us?

plus if he does sign that contract and is banging them in, we could still get 70m for him in a couple of years

so if you double it that’s close on 250m over five years.

that’s a lot of money I agree, but how much would a “sure fire” replacement slightly below his level cost? £150-200m without even factoring in wages, and assuming they would be interested in coming to us?

plus if he does sign that contract and is banging them in, we could still get 70m for him in a couple of years

He's 30 though. He will decline. Not that much as his game isn't based on pace. But you are saying £800k a week wages? Every agent will want a new contract for their player.

We get £80m for him. Try and get a replacement. Add to it if need be. Or buy 3 of the hottest young properties in europe and build for the future hoping 1 or 2 become world class.

He's 30 though. He will decline. Not that much as his game isn't based on pace. But you are saying £800k a week wages? Every agent will want a new contract for their player.

We get £80m for him. Try and get a replacement. Add to it if need be. Or buy 3 of the hottest young properties in europe and build for the future hoping 1 or 2 become world class.
Issue is will anyone actually pay enough
Bayern aren’t offering the right money so far

He’d win a lot more at Bayern then he would at us, that’s for sure.

But realistically is winning the Bumdesliga something that he’d be remembered for? Bayern win it all the time anyway

If he does go, I think the Bundesliga will love Harry and he will really tear it up. It’s a good league with great crowds and I don’t think of it as being full of brickhousery on the pitch.

Hard to think of seasoned English pro has made any impression out there- Keegan and Woodrooster are the only people who come to mind and that was 40 years ago.

If he does go, I think the Bundesliga will love Harry and he will really tear it up. It’s a good league with great crowds and I don’t think of it as being full of brickhousery on the pitch.

Hard to think of seasoned English pro has made any impression out there- Keegan and Woodrooster are the only people who come to mind and that was 40 years ago.

Sancho did well enough to get a move to utd. Bellingham got a move to madrid this summer. Not many english players go abroad these days. The money is in the prem.

Sancho did well enough to get a move to utd. Bellingham got a move to madrid this summer. Not many english players go abroad these days. The money is in the prem.

They are at the start of their career though not seasoned pro’s. Keegan and Woodrooster had won European cups etc etc.

They are at the start of their career though not seasoned pro’s. Keegan and Woodrooster had won European cups etc etc.

As i said the money is in the prem these days. Byern are the only ones in the league that can beat spurs on wages.

Back