• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The thing is that we will absolutely have more NDombele's if we keep lurching from one style of manager to another. The style of football that Pochettino signed players to try to implement was probably as different as can be in football from the style that Mourinho wanted.

Thing to avoid further Ndombele's is simply a DoF and sensible structure beneath him

We've had 3 good windows in a row. One more this summer and our squad will be in decent shape (not perfect, but decent) whoever the manager is

I disagree somewhat. I think if we'd asked Ndombele to do what he is good at then he could easily have been a really good premier league player. I thought he actually started well under Pochettino but he was always going to be a fish out of water in Mourinho's low block system. Part of the problem was that he was often forced to pick the ball up deep, which meant the opposition could just continually foul him until he didn't fancy it anymore, whereas in a front foot team, playing predominantly in the opposition's half teams wouldn't have been able to get away with fouling him so often.

It doesn't hamper Chelsea as much because they will typically just go out and buy a bunch of new players for their new manager every time, whereas our managers are made to work with a lot more of the previous manager's players. Chelsea have also had a hell of a lot more come through their youth academy for a good while now.
NDombele played in cup games against weak teams that we dominated but offered nothing due to his lack of effort.
Think it was against Morecambe that he couldn't even put in the effort to get off the pitch quickly when being subbed. That was probably the most disgraceful performance I've seen in a Spurs shirt, including the lows of the 90s. The fouling is just making an excuse for him, he didn't put in the effort and is lazy.

I agree we have spent poorly, but how much of that is listening to what the manager wants, which is what fans cry out for.

Indeed, and we are not the only club who have spent badly over the years Listening to some fans you would think we are but a close look at other clubs and you will see that most of the other clubs have made poor signings as well.

In all honesty transfers are a risk and there is no sureness of them all being good ones.

Indeed, and we are not the only club who have spent badly over the years Listening to some fans you would think we are but a close look at other clubs and you will see that most of the other clubs have made poor signings as well.

In all honesty transfers are a risk and there is no sureness of them all being good ones.

Spot on, as I keep saying, they only clubs that bypass that are those able to double down and sign twice the number to make up for it.

NDombele played in cup games against weak teams that we dominated but offered nothing due to his lack of effort.
Think it was against Morecambe that he couldn't even put in the effort to get off the pitch quickly when being subbed. That was probably the most disgraceful performance I've seen in a Spurs shirt, including the lows of the 90s. The fouling is just making an excuse for him, he didn't put in the effort and is lazy.
Yes, but he may well have simply had enough of Mourinho's godawful tactics by then, with the emphasis on him getting into a deep position and laying the ball off quick and simple. Mourinho's style of football was the complete opposite from the style of football that Ndombele might've flourished in.

I'm not saying that he would've worked out under Pochettino (or anyone else) but I think there was at least a chance. I suspect we'll have the same thing with at least one of these players signed under Conte now when we lurch to a completely different style of manager next season when Conte is gone.

Yes, but he may well have simply had enough of Mourinho's godawful tactics by then, with the emphasis on him getting into a deep position and laying the ball off quick and simple. Mourinho's style of football was the complete opposite from the style of football that Ndombele might've flourished in.

I'm not saying that he would've worked out under Pochettino (or anyone else) but I think there was at least a chance. I suspect we'll have the same thing with at least one of these players signed under Conte now when we lurch to a completely different style of manager next season when Conte is gone.

Give over.

The guy has a self entitled attitude. Went back on loan to Lyon, did nothing. Gone to Naples, done nothing. Fella is a waste of space, he got his big contract then put his feet up.

Give over.

The guy has a self entitled attitude. Went back on loan to Lyon, did nothing. Gone to Naples, done nothing. Fella is a waste of space, he got his big contract then put his feet up.
Perhaps, but who knows how it would've ended had Pochettino not been sacked. Porro is my guess for the expensive player the next manager will have no use for.

Perhaps, but who knows how it would've ended had Pochettino not been sacked. Porro is my guess for the expensive player the next manager will have no use for.

im not sure that dude would have worked regardless of the team/manager/formation, but I agree if it ever was to work, then he would have to be played further forward, maybe as a 10, devoid of all responsibility to defend or press.

But that raises the question of whether he is good enough to accommodate that? He does/did have talent, but not enough to justify that kind of role I don’t think.

im not sure that dude would have worked regardless of the team/manager/formation, but I agree if it ever was to work, then he would have to be played further forward, maybe as a 10, devoid of all responsibility to defend or press.

But that raises the question of whether he is good enough to accommodate that? He does/did have talent, but not enough to justify that kind of role I don’t think.
That’s where Jose played him and it’s the best he’s played since leaving Lyon.

I disagree somewhat. I think if we'd asked Ndombele to do what he is good at then he could easily have been a really good premier league player. I thought he actually started well under Pochettino but he was always going to be a fish out of water in Mourinho's low block system. Part of the problem was that he was often forced to pick the ball up deep, which meant the opposition could just continually foul him until he didn't fancy it anymore, whereas in a front foot team, playing predominantly in the opposition's half teams wouldn't have been able to get away with fouling him so often.

It doesn't hamper Chelsea as much because they will typically just go out and buy a bunch of new players for their new manager every time, whereas our managers are made to work with a lot more of the previous manager's players. Chelsea have also had a hell of a lot more come through their youth academy for a good while now.
Your dad would be proud, you'll make an agent yet.

It is really. Levy isn't going to let him run down his contract and go on a free. Either he signs a new contract in the summer or he will be gone.

Levy will still want a price for him. How much is cl worth? Because we have a better chance getting it with him in the team than without. So is anyone willing to pay the price levy will want and kanes huge wages (£300k a week with bonuses at the moment).

Levy will still want a price for him. How much is cl worth? Because we have a better chance getting it with him in the team than without. So is anyone willing to pay the price levy will want and kanes huge wages (£300k a week with bonuses at the moment).
Utd, Bayern for starters

Back