• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Greatest (or most enjoyable to sing) Spurs Terrace Songs Ever

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
Inspired (????) as I was by morphing an old classic for our great caretaker Cristian Stellini, I got to wondering what have been the best songs over the decades? The ones I’ve really enjoyed.

I’m going to say ‘Hoddle, Hoddle…’ is up there, but Gilly Gilzean might have a word!
‘We’ll take more care of you’ Archibald was a classic…
I loved singing ‘we’ve got Ali’…
Eriksen-sen-sen was good…
‘…he’s magic you know’ of course a great one.

But MY two favorites are…

#2 - Oh When The Spurs (two refrains, first slow, second picking up, then the split ‘oh when the Spurs/oh when the Spurs’ into the full-pace refrain. Brilliant. Why can’t the stadium get itself onboard with that, it’d be spine-tingling.

#1 - My name is Nicola Berti…my GHod, it still makes me laugh to this day! A true classic. And my favourite I think.

Come on, let’s have ya…

Definitely agree with your top two.

Otherwise, Always Take Lamela With You and Just Can't Get Enough (Lewis Holtby) both always used to make me smile.

Also of course - Chim chiminee, chim chiminee, chim chim cheroo, Jurgen was a German, but now he's a Jew

Inspired (????) as I was by morphing an old classic for our great caretaker Cristian Stellini, I got to wondering what have been the best songs over the decades? The ones I’ve really enjoyed.

I’m going to say ‘Hoddle, Hoddle…’ is up there, but Gilly Gilzean might have a word!
‘We’ll take more care of you’ Archibald was a classic…
I loved singing ‘we’ve got Ali’…
Eriksen-sen-sen was good…
‘…he’s magic you know’ of course a great one.

But MY two favorites are…

#2 - Oh When The Spurs (two refrains, first slow, second picking up, then the split ‘oh when the Spurs/oh when the Spurs’ into the full-pace refrain. Brilliant. Why can’t the stadium get itself onboard with that, it’d be spine-tingling.

#1 - My name is Nicola Berti…my GHod, it still makes me laugh to this day! A true classic. And my favourite I think.

Come on, let’s have ya…
Fully agree on the Nicola Berti one
It was random but brilliant

I always liked wake me up before yo ugo go who needs Bale when you got Sissoko, although not one I would sign much but made me chuckle alot

"Oh what a night" at the end of last season, into this season was brilliant. Still fun to sing, but sadly not quite as relevant!

Ossie's Dream is up there too, especially in a pub. "Coooome ooooon youuu....Spuuurs are on their way to Wembley!"

Last edited:
Not in any way under the radar or funny, but Spurs are on their way to Wembley is my all time favorite.

I’ve also thought for quite a while now that we need to get the “(insert managers name here) blue and white army” chant going again. It’s a song that can just rumble on for 10-15 minutes to varying decibel levels and at the very worst it just maintains a constant humm of atmosphere and at best is bloody brilliant! I remember the days of Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddles and Martin Jol’s B+W army reverberating round the old Lane.

The we’ve got alli song … just immense on repeat and it echoes

one of my favs

Martin keowns got a monkeys head… how someone room a Beatles song and made that work is genius

Mid-70s ... We all agree - Tottenham Hotspur are Magic (think Mexican Aye, aye-aye aye)

It didn't matter that it soon got out of sync, as you'd always end up with "are Magic [are Magic {are Magic ...}] echoing round the ground.

I still think we lack a song, rather than chants & jingles. The nearest we have is the Being a Yid song, more verses needed.

Always enjoyed a song myself, but the 'stand up if you hate' is not for me. Wheelchair's collapse when appearing for Bournemouth was impromptu fun, though - "It's happened again etc". Just a shame the crowd was limited due to removal of parts for development of the Levydrome

Nicola Berti will take some beating, loved getting into the away boozer and getting that going after a few beers, wonderful chant, sigh it's been a while.

It never fully took off but...

He came from Russia from Spartak (Moscow, Moscow)
To play for Tottenham in attack (Yido, Yido)
Best Russian import since Smirnoff,
Who the fudge is Berbatov?
Pav-ly-U-chenko!
Tottenham's number 9! (nanananananaaa)

...really could have been a goodun, got going at a few away games that season we signed him but I suppose like him at Spurs it never truly got into full swing.

I always loved the two BMJ songs.

Martin Jol
Martin Jol, Martin Martin Jol
He's got no hair but we don't care
Martin Martin Jol

And

He's fat
He's Dutch
We like him very much
Martin Jol

And for post match in the pub Can't Smile Without You takes some beating.

Back