• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Good place to go on holiday at the end of April?

SUIYHA

Scott Parker
Got a few days off at the end of April before starting a new job and would like to go away for a few days with the missus. Any recommendations?

The places that have sprung to mind are Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Nice, Rome, Gran Canaria, but I'd be open to suggestions and ideas.

I went to Brussels late last year, really enjoyed it, good food and excellent beer, only 2 hours on the train. Worth looking at.

Also Berlin is probably my favourite city in the world so would recommend that too.

Pros and cons of Berlin and Barca? Berlin I hear is awesome for the rave scene. I just wonder if it'll be warm enough in April to be sitting on the beach in Barcelona. Also unfortunately they're playing away from home on the weekend I want to go :frown:

I went to Istanbul for a long weekend with the Mrs last year. About 25C, sunny, culture, shopping, great food... interesting place and not too expensive. That would be my suggestion

Dependant on rainfall, Lake Como is good for a few days - especially for just the two of you.

Crotian Islands are beautiful during the warm months, and it's cheap as chips coz they are not in the Euro zone (well they weren't when I went in 2006, that may have changed).

Rome is brick - I didnt wanna put it in the rome thread but yeah Rome is brick. DO NOT GO THERE.

I would go somewhere like Switzerland. Get a chalet just the two of you and boink the hell out of each other.

Alternatively - Brussels/Brugge/Valencia/Seville

Got a few days off at the end of April before starting a new job and would like to go away for a few days with the missus. Any recommendations?

The places that have sprung to mind are Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Nice, Rome, Gran Canaria, but I'd be open to suggestions and ideas.

Personally, I'd suggest somewhere like Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Nice, Rome, or Gran Canaria.

All nice ;)

I would suggest the Cotswolds or Lake District or Oxford or Cambridge or York or Manchester or Scotland or Wales or Devon or Cornwall or the south coast

Spend your money here

I would suggest the Cotswolds or Lake District or Oxford or Cambridge or York or Manchester or Scotland or Wales or Devon or Cornwall or the south coast

Spend your money here
All of those places. With the exception of Scotland and Wales. ;)

The issue with chancing your arm here is the weather. It's complicated and variable. You might get lucky. I mean, imagine if you'd had this week off!

Seville is very underrated. I like it a lot. Will be lovely in April.

When I had a few days off in-between jobs last October we went to Cyprus for a week, and I imagine you won't go far wrong weather-wise there in April (or pretty much most times of the year). Further to go though, and I think you'll need to go to places like Lefkosia or Pafos or Larnaca for a properly decent time. I thought Lemesos was a bit brick, although we stayed in tinkleouri - lovely place, brick bars and restaurants!

hire a barge and tour the canals of Amsterdam - you might even catch Queens day, which is meant to be awesome

Back