• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

• LIV golfers who were suspended indefinitely by the PGA and DP World Tour will be able to re-apply for membership from the end of the 2023 season
  • All lawsuits between the PGA Tour, DP World Tour and LIV golf will be ended
  • Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, which funded LIV Golf's emergence, will make a capital investment into the combined entity as part of the agreement.
  • A "comprehensive evaluation of LIV Golf to determine how best to integrate team golf into the professional game" will take place.
  • LIV Golf's 2023 schedule will continue as planned

Rory McIlroy and others who refused to take the dirty Saudi money have just seen their tour bought by that same dirty money
Unreal, he really can't be happy

Rory McIlroy and others who refused to take the dirty Saudi money have just seen their tour bought by that same dirty money
Unreal, he really can't be happy

Rory, Tiger and Jack were used as mouth pieces to have a pop at Live, Jack saying the players that went were no longer golfer. Now he has to welcome them in future to events with his name on.....Terrible here

McIlroy turned down 500m and Tiger allegedly nearly 1 feckin' BILLION from LIV to stay with the PGA and the PGA go and do this, absolutely fudged.

I more have a problem with them using 9/11 in this argument in the first place. The Saudi state, unless I missed something, had nothing to do with 9/11 and the US enjoys a very cosy relationship with them when it suits.

Distasteful even if Monahan, to be fair, had the question thrown at him in that interview rather than raising it himself.

Platforms like BBC and other news orgs have reported links to Saudi Arabia funding the attacks / Al Qaeda over the years, whether that's the state or a rogue element I don't recall, 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi citizens also so that gets lumped into the conversation.

The official 9/11 report said SA wasn't involved in 9/11 however.

Platforms like BBC and other news orgs have reported links to Saudi Arabia funding the attacks / Al Qaeda over the years, whether that's the state or a rogue element I don't recall, 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi citizens also so that gets lumped into the conversation.

The official 9/11 report said SA wasn't involved in 9/11 however.

Yeah they were Saudi nationals but I’ve never seen any real claim or evidence that the state was involved and the US relationship with SA should be more a concern if there was any truth in it.

I’m Irish, I’d hate if the UK tried to tar me/us with some of the brick that people claimed they did in our name in the 70s and 80s.

Players meeting today was horrendous apparently, I think they underestimated the players greed as they called for him to resign. Rory to speak today, thats going to be interesting.

Will be telling if they all change their tune now

Loads of the players moaning about the lack of proper fans just loads of corporates

Did t hear that, makes sense because it did seem bland.

It felt like an F1 race with hardly any overtaking opportunities. Rory didn't play bad last night but the 200+ Par 3s and dreadful sloping fairways an pins made it near impossible to score, unless you hit the odd worldly which literally no one hit.

The Opens going to be tasty though, thankfully

dreadful sloping fairways an pins made it near impossible to score
It was actually the exact opposite of that mate?!!
It was way too easy to score, the US Open winner is supposed to finish on a few under, not 20 under. That is its DNA.
Fowler and Schauffele both shot a record low 62 for a US Open, on the first day, and then Fowler shot 68 to equal the lowest ever half way score, Kim equalled the lowest 9 holes, nobody shot over 80, Fowler was 10 under after 20 holes, one hole was only 81 yards.
It was too soft and should have been a sterner test. Wyndham Clark hit some poor shots on the closing stretch and got away with it without enough punishment, whereas McIlroy seemed to be more in control of his game.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/11-us-open-records-that-have-been-beaten-or-matched-this-week

Back