• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Put sky sports on at 7:30 last night and there was no live golf in the first half hour.

Sky on the red button coverage starts at 15:45, then on the main channels at 19:30. Beeb have live coverage of day 3 and 4.

I backed Mahan, Scott and took a small punt on Fowler! tough times for my boys, but maybe one of them can still make a move, what does each way go down to in golf? I thought it was 5th?

Come on Rory and Lee though, would be delighted if either won it.

I backed Mahan, Scott and took a small punt on Fowler! tough times for my boys, but maybe one of them can still make a move, what does each way go down to in golf? I thought it was 5th?

Come on Rory and Lee though, would be delighted if either won it.

Depends who you placed your bet with, some did 6 places, others 5

Pins for today

6d87ba6173aa360345c749788c23630e_view.jpg

My understanding is that there is no coverage ANYWHERE until later, not even on US networks or streaming. The first coverage is the Amen Corner feed, and then full coverage from the time Sky Sports pick it up at 7pm or 8pm.

I seem to remember this same frustration every year that there's tonnes of juicy golf going on and yet is not on anywhere. For example, we're not going to see much or any of Tiger today other than perhaps the 3 holes at Amen Corner.

I think all this is to do with Augusta and how they like things done a certain way. Total gonad*s, but that's my understanding anyway.

I think all this is to do with Augusta and how they like things done a certain way. Total gonad*s, but that's my understanding anyway.

Yep all to do with Augusta, they decide when coverage starts and by who, its utter utter brick...

This is fudging ridiculous. Hours and hours of build-up while there is golf going on in the background and we don't see any of it. Urrgghhhaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaa.

This is fudging ridiculous. Hours and hours of build-up while there is golf going on in the background and we don't see any of it. Urrgghhhaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaa.

Red button on Sky mate, if you can stand the sycophantic Tiger reach around fest!!!

I've got a fiver e/w on Dufner @ 150's!! :)

Rose playing very well as is Westwood, Rose the better putter though and that counts so much round Augusta

Rory had a shocking start, and Leeds Duffner will choke just like in the USPGA he is a 3 round man

Kiss of death for Rose, ridiculous on the 15th, hits a fantastic shot in, 6 more inches and he wouldve gone close instead it runs back down the green and into the water

Kiss of death for Rose, ridiculous on the 15th, hits a fantastic shot in, 6 more inches and he wouldve gone close instead it runs back down the green and into the water

Yup there's no way a ball should roll back off the green and into the water there - it should hold up in the rough

The rough here is like a green on an English course

Rory and Sergio going to pieces, Mickelson there or there abouts too..

Anybody from about 15 or so could win this tomorrow, going to be very tight and a great watch

Mickelson now tied for the lead, him and Mahan I really like the look of for tomorrow if somewhere nr the top

only bets left with a chance for me is Mickelson top 10 finish (?ú16 @ just over evens) and Mickelson to win (?ú5 @ 10/1)

So what score does everyone think will be good enough to win this tomorrow? To me it looks like it will be either -11 or -12.

Monty said -12 on thursday and I agree with him..

The golf has been tremendous the past 90 mins, its a birdie fest, great to watch..

Mickelson (12/1) is the only one of my bets with any chance

Great to see so many Europeans up the top too, Padraig, Henrik, Peter, Westy just not his tournament again, if only he could putt

Amazing how many times these pro golfers "go for it" and get the wrong side of the hole, or miss the green and take 4 to get down

I know it's easy sat slumped at home, but it does feel like hitting the middle of the green, even with a 15 yard uphill putt, you would stand more chance of steady scoring

I guess they feel they have to do something special to win the thing, but you could see with Sergio and Rory they egg each other on and go for it too much, always smashing it to the tight side and trying to pull out a worldy every time... they really dragged each other down IMO

I've got Westwood e/w (20/1- qtr odds for e/w), that's my last chance. I think -10 COULD be enough, but Mickelson could destroy it tomorrow. Those on 4 under or better still have an outside chance but very unlikely for anyone worse.

I'd certainly put it all on Mickelson now, though if Watson keeps it straight he could be a great shout.

Best Odds for Tonight

Mickelson 6/4
Hanson 4/1
Oosthuizen 6/1
Watson 8/1
Kuchar 20/1
Westwood 20/1
Mahan 28/1
Harrington 33/1
Stenson 45/1

You can get EW 3 places 1/5 odds with all the bookies

Mahan is a very good EW bet for me, playing superbly well, won twice already this year and putting like a dream since he got a new putter, but for the winner it has to be Mickelson, he has the short game, is driving it massively long and has obviously won 3 times before, short price though gald I was on at 12s

Back