• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

I don't even like golf but the last day of a major is always good tv.

Bit sad how desperate the golfing world is for Tiger to win a major/do well.

And this is why i dont think Rory is quite as good as everyone says yet. His ability to play under real pressure is currently stopping him being a great of the game.

Got there in the end after a bit of a wobble. 1 OOB or a double away from a play off though. Shouldn't have been that close.

To be fair to him he did hit some fantastic shots though. A long putt from off the green for birdie and a couple of quality bunker shots.

Can you ever see Garcia winning a major?

Got there in the end after a bit of a wobble. 1 OOB or a double away from a play off though. Shouldn't have been that close.

To be fair to him he did hit some fantastic shots though. A long putt from off the green for birdie and a couple of quality bunker shots.

True, true. In some ways he won it at the end of day three (I think it was) when he eagled 2 holes out of 3 to finish the round, giving himself that gap he needed.

I felt his pure Driving skill won him the tournament, he just kept bombing it down the middle which makes everything else so much easier. On the last day I can't remember any putts dropping for him, he wasn't putting badly but wasn't getting glorious putts to go in like Tiger used to back in the day.

Unfortunately not, there is always a bad shot in him and it's always in the closing holes, in the final round of a major. He seems to perform best at the open which is strange but I can understand this as He simply doesn't have the short game confidence on faster and more undulating greens which you get at the other majors.

Unfortunately, there are too many better players about now. That bunker shot at 17 and the weak putts at 16 and 18 were prime examples of Typical Sergio.

Langer, 56 won the Snr British Open by a record 13 shots yesterday with a score of -18, the commentators said it was possibly a harder course than Hoylake

Monty reckons it was one of golf's greatest ever victories

AKRON, Ohio -- Seven straight birdies, 11 consecutive one-putts. That’s how Sergio Garcia capped his career-best round, a 61 Friday at Firestone Country Club.

It tied the course record, and his 27 on the back nine was a low mark for the venue and one shy of tying the PGA TOUR’s record for lowest nine in history. The only player to go lower was Corey Pavin, who had a 26 on the front nine at Brown Deer Park GC (par 34) in the first round of the 2006 U.S. Bank Championship.

It also gave Garcia a three-shot lead over Justin Rose. He is four clear of Rory McIlroy and Marc Leishman through the first 36 holes of the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational.

But through his first nine holes, there was no indication Garcia would do anything special -- he made just one birdie.

Then he rolled in a 20-footer for birdie on 10, stuck his approach shots on the 12th and 13th close and away he went with birdies on those two holes and every one after that, including on 17 and 18, where he rolled in two more putts from outside 20 feet.

I could see what I wanted to do pretty much almost every shot” Garcia said. “And there I could see the lines in the putts quite well.

“You make them once in a while, but you don't make them that often. The one on 17, it felt so smooth when I hit it, I could see 2 or 3 feet short of the hole. I could see it going in. And then the one on 18, more of the same. I felt very comfortable.”

The only hole Garcia didn’t birdie on the back nine?

The par-4 11th, where he hit his approach onto the back fringe and missed the 17-footer coming back.

Bt_FCRYIUAAHLfv.jpg

Adam Scott letting me down yet again.

Adam is excellent when at his best, but he hasn't got the x-factor that'll keep him up there in the long run. Just like the other world #1 that have been up there recently: Donald, Westwood, Kaymer. With Tiger at a shambles, Rory seems the only candidate to cover the throne for a period of time.

Woods pulls out with a back injury, nothing to do with how **** he has been again

Woods is a prick. I doubt there is anything wrong with him, i just think he just couldnt be arsed finishing. He would rather have a 'withdraw' than a **** score next to his name. I find this (withdraws) happening more and more at amateur level. Its not acceptable.

Well done Mcilroy didn't look like putting a foot wrong all night.

A few good bounces out of the trees though! Id say a bit lucky, if im honest. sergio must have been spewing when Rory blocked it into the trees twice and ended up in the fairway, twice.

Rory's driving was wooooooooooooooooooow !!!! love watching his swing when he is in peak form its just booooom

Back