• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glastonbury

I understand that it is a fantastic festival and some of the stages are spectacular, but when will it stop?

(excluding booking fees)

2007 - £145
2008 - £155
2009 - £175
2010 - £185
2011 - £195
2013 - £205

I've had enough of it, had my fun etc and can't be dealing with big festivals like that anymore. I'm tempted by Global Gathering next year, though, as I haven't been to a purely electronic festival before.

I'm sure it was about £70 when I first started going. To be fair to them, it is much more of an event, seeing as you have DJs going in random areas all night and the village etc. Rather than being turfed out at 11pm and moving to an "offsite" camping field.

Has anyone had any success from the April re-sale before? I'd imagine it can be good for those who want a couple or so tickets, but considering there are a group of around 8 of us wanting to go I'm not holding out much hope

Has anyone had any success from the April re-sale before? I'd imagine it can be good for those who want a couple or so tickets, but considering there are a group of around 8 of us wanting to go I'm not holding out much hope

i got one through the re-sale process last time,there be plenty going on sale again,best policy is each of you try a different method,like i said earlier my mate got through by phoning the group line on see-tickets and he had to phone up twice and got through twice,i tried using goggle chrome re-load and got no where. Theirs a website called e-festivals,someone put a method up yesterday during the sale which was pretty succesful but you needed to be an IT geek to use. Nowadays you can use your phone and i-pads to get tickets.

At the end of the day glastonbury is still the major player but the days of people still desperatly to go are over i think especially since its on live on television nowadays.

I have mate - although my friend actually managed the tickets for me on her laptop. Try and get as many people to do it as possible and see what you end up with

The booze policy is fantastic, especially thanks to the layout which is fantastic. No crappy 'arena' to go in and out of. Fill up my little bag that i get at the beginning with my cans for the day when i leave the tent and off i go!

Getting excited for this now. A few I'm going to try and make it to see:

Tame Impala
Rodriguez
Goat
Rolling Stones
Melody's Echo Chamber
Steve Mason
Toy

A lot of clashes this year. Going to miss Steve Winwood and Primal Scream (although I saw them two weeks ago so not too disappointed)

I assume you've been checking clashfinder?

Biggest one for me is the Stones and Bootleg Beatles clashing :(

Can't wait for it to kick off in a few weeks!!

Could be a doubt about mumford and sons,one of their members been diagnosed with a blood clot on the brain,though no word of any cancellation yet.

the first two days are ok but sunday is quite drab to be honest,plenty of clashes on a saturday. Bit of surprised on groups who ain't there i am,there quite a few groups who have albums out and are touring but not playing. Went two years ago,didn't bother to go to shang-ri la last time but will go this time.

I haven't looked at clashfinder, was going off this http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

Looks as though the Sunday night Park headliner is a secret announcement. If the Mumfords stay as headliner, or are replaced by somebody as equally dull, then I'm going to venture up the park to see who it is

I'm gutted about Public Enemy, Stones and Bootleg Beatles clashing. Saw the Bootlegs 3 years back when Gorillaz played, were superb

I can't be bothered looking at an app for stage times / your festival planner, eating up battery life and having to sit around at a charge point.

I got myself Nokia's "Festival phone" which apparently has 30 days life off one full charge, and I'll stick the clashfinder in my pocket.

Then allow alcohol to make decisions for me!

I can't be bothered looking at an app for stage times / your festival planner, eating up battery life and having to sit around at a charge point.

I got myself Nokia's "Festival phone" which apparently has 30 days life off one full charge, and I'll stick the clashfinder in my pocket.

Then allow alcohol to make decisions for me!

My actual phone is a Samsung version of that. Does the job perfect. Not that I use a phone at a festival, apart from for the time. Couldn't think of a worse way to spend my time there than queueing for a battery charge.

Exactly, I plan to be totally off the grid during Glasto, this new phone for emergencies, time and to see where people are.

..... and let the old dear know I'm alive :lol:

Samsung are great you can get a charger and 3 batteries for under 20 quid.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

Saturday has a lot of clashes. Just eyeing up the times and looks like I may be able make Rodriguez, then Steve Winwood, then the Stones. May involve a little touch of stoned jogging, but it is do-able

Almost time, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning about 9am, so should get on site about lunch time.

Can't wait!

Back