• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glastonbury

Never gonna happen. Neeeeeever gonna happen (running down your dream!). I'd like Neil Young.

Saw Neil Young there in 2009. Sat at the back with all the mad hippies, setting off fireworks and rolling joints. Got into him a lot more after that gig, would love to see him again

Is this ITK or just guesswork? Wouldn't be too bothered about Kasabian, but Radiohead would be magic

A little bit of both, I would say those 2 are pretty nailed on.

Kasabian have been primed for it the last couple of years with headline performances at V in 2011 and Reading/Leeds this year, they have also played as main support on Pyramid to Springsteen and now have another albums worth of material. They will go down a storm as a headliner imo

Radiohead played the ‘secret’ set on Park in 2011, where Thom Yorke hinted at the Pyramid headline slot, also it will 10 years next year since their last headline performance, so they are due a full return.

I had no luck myself but my mate was using an iphone and apparently strolled through the waiting. Got mine through him. Lucky boy, had 5 minutes to spare

205 quid for a ticket not including booking fees. Prices keep on rising each year (as did the capacity last year) - money-grabbing ****s.

It's a great festival but I'm not shelling out that much money ever again.

Mud is worse there than at other festivals because its clay soil so the rain/mud all just sits on the surface.

They missed a year in order to make changes to this situation getting out of hand. Hopefully future years it will not be an issue.

They missed a year in order to make changes to this situation getting out of hand. Hopefully future years it will not be an issue.

Errr you sure about that...

Its just a standard thing they do. Every few years they have a fallow year.

The problem with the site as you will know if you have ever been is that its in a bowl there is virtually no where to drain it to. Plus they don't really give a brick and have not done for the last 20 years.

First time I went was 1998 and last time 2004. Had a couple of colossal washouts in those years but even they were fun once you got a decent poncho and wellies from Banana Bills or whatever the name of the guys who turn up with thousands of blankets and wellies are called.

I think the worst period was early 00s before the super wall went up and you had loads of chavs jumping the wall and spending the weekend slashing people's tents and nicking brick. Hate to say it, but mostly northerners.

First time I went was 1998 and last time 2004. Had a couple of colossal washouts in those years but even they were fun once you got a decent poncho and wellies from Banana Bills or whatever the name of the guys who turn up with thousands of blankets and wellies are called.

I think the worst period was early 00s before the super wall went up and you had loads of chavs jumping the wall and spending the weekend slashing people's tents and nicking brick. Hate to say it, but mostly northerners.

That was mental, a load of people just brought shovels and wire cutters and interestingly let an extra 50k in... The capacity is now the same level as back then just no dogs on strings or pikey camps.

Wish we were going, I often dream of the cabaret tent and bill bailey singing leg of time off my tits on catnip. And pretending to be a giraffe.

Sunrise at the stone circle... Heady days indeed

got one yipeee.....my mate got through using the old dog and bone,he phoned the number for group bookings and got through somehow, you have to only pay the £50 deposit the rest by next april so plenty of time to save up.

the price is quite high but the amount of groups you see justifies it......noel gallagher was charging £50 for his concert and hes only done one and a bit albums,you could see at least dozen must see groups and thats before you you send spend most of the day walking around taking it all in.The number of festivals for next year will be less aswell,quite a few have gone to the wall already.

Hopefully no rain......please.

the price is more than justified considering Reading etc is pretty much the same price, and Reading has a fraction of the number of bands and no night time entertainment. The effort they put in to setting up Arcadia/Shangri La etc is phenomenal, and is my favourite part of the festival!

My misses spent all morning trying to get 6 tickets, had no luck got through a couple of times and input the registration codes and when she then went to proceed it would crash. I heard that this was a common problem when using Chrome.

I've been offered a guest ticket through someone I know performing, but need to hope that the others manage to get their tickets in the re-sale in April. A small % are held back in April to ensure the interest is there for any returns.

Fingers crossed we get the 6 then, can't believe that we might not be going, after so many years in a row!

the price is more than justified considering Reading etc is pretty much the same price, and Reading has a fraction of the number of bands and no night time entertainment. The effort they put in to setting up Arcadia/Shangri La etc is phenomenal, and is my favourite part of the festival!
I understand that it is a fantastic festival and some of the stages are spectacular, but when will it stop?

(excluding booking fees)

2007 - £145
2008 - £155
2009 - £175
2010 - £185
2011 - £195
2013 - £205

I've had enough of it, had my fun etc and can't be dealing with big festivals like that anymore. I'm tempted by Global Gathering next year, though, as I haven't been to a purely electronic festival before.

I dunno, £50 a day is ok by me. If I gave up wine for a few months that would do it.

It's not like its £50 to see Wigan at home for 2 hours.

I dunno, £50 a day is ok by me. If I gave up wine for a few months that would do it.

It's not like its £50 to see Wigan at home for 2 hours.

Really dont think £200 is unreasonable given whats on. I think its the other festivals that take the tinkle. Glastonbury even let you take your own booze if you so fancy, rather than spending £5 on tinkley beer in a paper cup

Back