• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I think he can handle being in the middle as one of the two pivots - but, if we really are serious about giving Ndombele a proper go next season, then I'm wondering if we aren't best served just phasing him into the Eriksen role as was originally planned - wide playmaker who starts wide right, and then cuts inside as play progresses.

Whatever we end up doing, the guy is going to be a star - in his case, his amazing skill is paired with a relentless mentality and drive to work on the field.

I think he can handle being in the middle as one of the two pivots - but, if we really are serious about giving Ndombele a proper go next season, then I'm wondering if we aren't best served just phasing him into the Eriksen role as was originally planned - wide playmaker who starts wide right, and then cuts inside as play progresses.

Whatever we end up doing, the guy is going to be a star - in his case, his amazing skill is paired with a relentless meteorology and drive to work on the field.
Yeah he just gets it and has no fear on the pitch
He is a very flexible player who can do a few roles very very well
There is scope to play the way Leicester do with a pure holder in there and have effectively 5 attacking players in front plus FBs. Would need an acceptance that it’s a gung ho approach but it would in theory get the best out of our area of strength in attack

Yeah he just gets it and has no fear on the pitch
He is a very flexible player who can do a few roles very very well
There is scope to play the way Leicester do with a pure holder in there and have effectively 5 attacking players in front plus FBs. Would need an acceptance that it’s a gung ho approach but it would in theory get the best out of our area of strength in attack
If the full backs are defensive ones and the DM was a real, top class one then it could work. Needs Lo Celso and the other central midfielder to work hard though.

If the full backs are defensive ones and the DM was a real, top class one then it could work. Needs Lo Celso and the other central midfielder to work hard though.
They do work hard generally (apart from NDombele who will learn)
Leicester don’t have very defensive full backs and it’s working for them
It’s a league that you can get rewards from playing to your strengths and for us defence isn’t a strength

Mourinho in March : "When I arrived, he was not playing. I didn’t believe in him or understand him immediately. Three or four months later, Giovani is phenomenal. I can imagine that if I came in July, I would again be in a grey area with Giovani. No. Next season I know exactly what Giovani can give."

Gets better each game, we have a real talent here. You could see it early on in his first few games with us even when he wasn't playing well - the way he receives the ball, first touch, initial movement when he receives the ball to make space etc. Now he's shown that he's got good tenacity to match that and incredible skill levels.

Can't wait to see what he can do with a full pre season behind him.

Back