• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ginola or Bale

how about the then ginola in today's team - who'd score more goals?
i'd think ginola for his double foootedness, ability to create room to shoot and fantastic finishing - just what we need up front.
bale still plays best with space in front of him, but i can see AVB trying to wean him off that and use his skill centrally not just based on pace.

Really wish I'd seen Gazza properly, only seen his highlight goals etc

Was he really that much better than Bale?!

I once sat next to Ginola on a flight back to London from Nice. He'd gone to Villa by then and was being constantly pestered by two dippy birds. Dealt with it in exemplary style, and had a good old natter with me about his time at Spurs. I think I was awe struck! Top top bloke. I still have the boarding card somewhere with his signature on it.

But Waddle for me anyway. ;)

Bale by some distance. Just think he has absolutely everything and far more consistent. We all thought Modric was special; Bale is a level above

Whilst playing fantasy football, I would have loved to see this team play:

-------------back 4 and keeper------------

--Waddle----Modric----Hoddle------Ginola

---------------------Bale------------------

-------------Jurgen the German-----------

In his pomp, he was that much better than every player in the world!!!

But was he up to the level of Messi? Or is it just that at the time the level was lower? I first got in to football and Spurs in the 90/91 season and Gazza impressed me but it's hard to remember just how good he was, I just remember that he was good.

It's kinda hard to tell, Ginola shone in a brick team, Bale shines i a good team... Do seem to remember that Ginola put it on with style against the smaller teams, but didn't really have much of an impact against the better teams though.. I'm just glad they both playes/played for us!

But was he up to the level of Messi? Or is it just that at the time the level was lower? I first got in to football and Spurs in the 90/91 season and Gazza impressed me but it's hard to remember just how good he was, I just remember that he was good.

I was 7/8 when I got into spurs around 90/91, and I mostly remember him beeing crazy!

Back