• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GHod bless Britain

Unfortunately, the government in this country truly don't give a fudge if we all end up being anti-British. IMO, the only reason this country's brick is because everyone fudging moans about it. In the US what always gets them through the bad times is their national pride. They educate their children to be patriotic; their kids know the ins and outs of their country's glorious history, so why don't we know about ours? Think about how the US government asserts national pride. They have national holidays, a pledge of allegiance, a famous saying of "GHod bless America". What do we do to display national pride? National pride is unfortunately frowned upon in Britain as you may look like a far-right thug. I promise you if everyone was as patriotic here as they are in the US the UK would be a much nicer place to live.

Unfortunately, the government in this country truly don't give a fudge if we all end up being anti-British. IMO, the only reason this country's brick is because everyone fudging moans about it. In the US what always gets them through the bad times is their national pride. They educate their children to be patriotic; their kids know the ins and outs of their country's glorious history, so why don't we know about ours? Think about how the US government asserts national pride. They have national holidays, a pledge of allegiance, a famous saying of "GHod bless America". What do we do to display national pride? National pride is unfortunately frowned upon in Britain as you may look like a far-right thug. I promise you if everyone was as patriotic here as they are in the US the UK would be a much nicer place to live.

Unfortunately, we live in a country where we are encouraged, rightly or wrongly to feel guilty about our heritage... slavery, Empire etc far more than we are reminded of the positive contribution the UK has given to the world... eg our legal system, Shakespeare, numerous inventions, competitive sport and sp on. At the risk of taking this into a left/right argument...... I am not sure it is just this government but successive governments have bowed down to the PC phalanx where the 'crimes' of our forefathers far outweigh the benefits the UK has brought to the world... and only these crimes should be remembered.

You can be proud, and moreover very grateful, to be British without feeling the need to run the Union Flag up the pole every morning and learn the 8th verse of GHod Save The Queen. In what way would some US stylee chest beating patriotism make Britain a better place?

You can be proud, and moreover very grateful, to be British without feeling the need to run the Union Flag up the pole every morning and learn the 8th verse of GHod Save The Queen. In what way would some US stylee chest beating patriotism make Britain a better place?

I am, and I am... however this is not something I would shout about. I don't need to salute the flag every morning, but I do think as a nation we should be less concerned about offending others by flying our flag more frequently and often on public buildings, churches and at schools. I mean the English flag here too. I am not into overt American chest beating however... the dutch do it very well without offending their minorities

Because everyone would show more respect for their own country, and feel prouder to live in it. In the United States you're surrounded in national pride and that's why they became such a great country. Here you're surrounded in national brick and everything always feels wrong.

I lived and worked in America for several years and enjoyed every minute of it, my son spent the first few years of his life there( we moved there when he was just 12 months old) but to say that the kids are educated to believe in their country and to be patriotic is not what it seems. Its more brainwashing then education. to get kids as young as two standing in front of a flag with their fist on their chests and repeat over and over the pledge of allegiance is not really educating; They even had a kids show on the box called romper room where kids even younger were taught to say it.

Do not get me wrong, i loved my time in the States and still have many friends there but there is something wrong in that.

I lived and worked in America for several years and enjoyed every minute of it, my son spent the first few years of his life there( we moved there when he was just 12 months old) but to say that the kids are educated to believe in their country and to be patriotic is not what it seems. Its more brainwashing then education. to get kids as young as two standing in front of a flag with their fist on their chests and repeat over and over the pledge of allegiance is not really educating; They even had a kids show on the box called romper room where kids even younger were taught to say it.

Do not get me wrong, i loved my time in the States and still have many friends there but there is something wrong in that.

But we only think it's wrong because we don't do it and national pride is strange to us.

This. It was wrong when the germans had their youth groups back during their dark times..

Yet it is not considered wrong for the Americans to?

I'd have nothing against Germans teaching their kids to love their country; what was wrong was all the other things they were teaching. The US has proven that ensuring every single child grows up to be a patriot helps the country unite and always pulls the country through bad times.

The US has proven that ensuring every single child grows up to be a patriot helps the country unite and always pulls the country through bad times.
What does that actually mean? Which bad times has their penchant for overt displays of patriotism helped them through?

Inkpen - flags from schools and public buildings etc, I'd have no problem with, I don't actually think anyone would. It happens quite a lot already though, the business park where I work they fly the Union Flag out the front. I wonder if fear of offence has been imagined, or used as an excuse to avoid the cost of putting up a flag pole ;)

What does that actually mean? Which bad times has their penchant for overt displays of patriotism helped them through?

Inkpen - flags from schools and public buildings etc, I'd have no problem with, I don't actually think anyone would. It happens quite a lot already though, the business park where I work they fly the Union Flag out the front. I wonder if fear of offence has been imagined, or used as an excuse to avoid the cost of putting up a flag pole ;)

Think of Britain today in comparison to America. We all talk of a collapsing country, a bad place to live, a country going down and in decline. In the US they're in a horrendous financial crisis and debt, but people are still proud of their country as it will always represent Liberty and Freedom.

Back