• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Bland in terms of rumours and links or in the quality of our signings?

Become 'bland' since Harry and then Sherwood left the club in terms of rumours but that is probably just coincidence.

You're argument kind of falls apart when your evidence is 'players we're linked to' which is commonly nothing more than made up rumours to fill newspaper columns or Internet clickbait

The main evidence is the net spend of course. However it's hard to measure the ambition of who we are trying to sign. The transfer gossip is not always wrong, only you have to treat it with a pinch of salt. However we certainly aren't in it as much as we were.

Bland in terms of rumours and links or in the quality of our signings?

Become 'bland' since Harry and then Sherwood left the club in terms of rumours but that is probably just coincidence.

Yes to all that, we are much more Everton than we used to be!

We could probably get both Werner and N'Jie for what Berahino would cost.

yeah but we could have got 3 or 4 Stamboulis for what Schneiderlin would have cost last summer but whats the point if the manager desperately wanted Schneiderlin.

Berahino is ready to slot in immediately. Everyone knows what he can do, there is no wondering if he will adapt, fit in etc. It is worth paying the extra.

yeah but we could have got 3 or 4 Stamboulis for what Schneiderlin would have cost last summer but whats the point if the manager desperately wanted Schneiderlin.

Berahino is ready to slot in immediately. Everyone knows what he can do, there is no wondering if he will adapt, fit in etc. It is worth paying the extra.

Do we know that Poch wants Berahino over the other two or is it simply fan logic that the one you want the most or is the most expensive must be the one the manager wants?

What if the manager doesn't care for Berahino? Do we just ignore that when it's a player you rate yourself?

Only if the manager wants him though, and we really do not know if he does. All we have to go on is flimflam in the press and some supposed ITK from a couple of wanabees.

Do we know that Poch wants Berahino over the other two or is it simply fan logic that the one they want the most or is the most expensive must be the one the manager wants?

fan logic suggests that Berahino would fit in very well at Spurs given his ability to play two of the forward positions in Poch's system. Of course if poch thinks otherwise then so be it

fan logic suggests that Berahino would fit in very well at Spurs given his ability to play two of the forward positions in Poch's system. Of course if poch thinks otherwise then so be it

I imagine that's why the Club, including Poch, are in for him (if the rumours are true) doesn't make him the number 1 choice though does it

I imagine that's why the Club, including Poch, are in for him (if the rumours are true) doesn't make him the number 1 choice though does it

well we shall just have to wait and see what happens, until then its all speculation

well we shall just have to wait and see what happens, until then its all speculation
Well we still won't know who was top of his list but my guess is if we don't sign who the individual poster has deemed to be their first choice then they'll be bringing it up quite often

Well we still won't know who was top of his list but my guess is if we don't sign who the individual poster has deemed to be their first choice then they'll be bringing it up quite often

we will see what Poch does with that player. If he is in and out of the side and then bombed out next summer the we will have the answer. Time will reveal all.

Are the same arguments being brought up again this year? Dear, oh dear.

August 2014: 'How do we know Schneiderlin is who Poch wants? What if he's happy with Stambouli? Expensive doesn't equal first choice, blah blah blah.....'

Stambouli dismissively tossed out of the club with nary a second look just one
year later.

August 2015: "How do we know Berahino's who Poch wants? What if he's happy with Coulthirst and Chadli? Expensive doesn't equal first choice, etcetera, etcetera..."

And the band plays on, I suppose. :p

we will see what Poch does with that player. If he is in and out of the side and then bombed out next summer the we will have the answer. Time will reveal all.

Yes, but judging by the Stambouli saga, it won't actually change anyone's mind, even if you are proven right. :p

Can anybody say for sure that Poch want's Berahino?

who would you like us to sign from the players out there atm to fit in the CF/WF role? Of course Ronaldo,Neymar, Suarez and Messi are currently slightly out of our reach. But from the rest and who would fit in with our structure at Spurs and with what you see Poch likes his players to offer?

I'm not confident with the players we are linked to. They may be good youngsters be we need top class experience.

We can't get top class experience though so you either buy/develop top class potential or good experience. Personally I'm of the mindset of if there's no hope then there's no point so it's the former for me.

Back